Ratings for Dr. Gary Okamura

He is my surgeon for my workers comp claim. He has done a mensictomy already which healed nicely and will be doing an ACL reconstruction as well. Every time I see him, he is always eager to answer my questions and concerns. The wait is usually quite a while, but Hea just a very busy doctor so I completely understand. I'm very happy with him as my surgeon and I definitely roccomend him to any one with joint problems! Aloha.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Straight forward and precise, he know what he is doing and knowledgable. The wait might be long for most days because he is a busy Doctor , will give him sometimes and prove of his excellency.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

Dr. Gary Okamura is a consummate professional orthopedic surgeon. I did have a bit of a wait for my 3 4pm appointments but certainly well worth the wait. Dr. Okamura took the time during my visits to thoroughly explain my torn medial meniscus and shared both my right knee mir results and shared the surgical pictures taken during my procedure. I went in to surgery in pain and came out of the procedure with little or no discomfort. I highly recommend Dr. Okamura and was happy to pass the waiting time with my tunes from I Heart radio. Thank you Dr. O!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I had an appt on Tuesday at 345, around 420 a tech comes out tells me to go get an xray done. Completed the xray and then went back up to Dr. office. waited another 15 minutes. The tech then seated me in the room. I waited there till about 540. Doctor comes in and asks how my wrist feels. As i am not fluent in english I try to explain. My daughter is writing this review. He was very rude and tells me i seem fine. xray is ok. but i tell him my wrist still hurts. I show him if i turn it this way and that, that it really hurts. and hes like yah, but you can move it. That made me really upset. He claims its tendonitis. He doesnt even explain what it is, how it is caused and what to do to make it better. My daughter had this so she asks if the cast is provided and hes like no, u can buy that at Longs drug store. What kind of doctor is he? I think this office doesnt know the first thing about dealing with patients. What kind of doctor just says oh your xray is okay. doesnt even try to compare it with the last one to see if there were any differences. doesnt even explain what he diagnosed me with and sends us on our way? Im really upset so I will be changing doctors. but the reason i went to him is because of recommendation. I dont know why I wasted 2 visits with him.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Waited for over 40 minutes to see the doctor and when I finally see him, all he said was that my fracture in the foot will heal on it's own. I had to ask to see the xray images to see exactly where I had the fracture. It looked like the fractured bone was offset, but he did not say if it was ok or not to heal as is. It's like pulling teeth in getting information out of him. After this visit, I decided to go to another doctor and requested for a copy of the xray. They said it takes at least 24 hours to get this ready. Went the next day to get it and it is a xerox paper copy that doesn't even show the fracture very clearly because of the quality. Anyone could've done the xeroxing in less than 10 minutes. I called to ask for the images on a cd that same day and they will be charging me $5. I won't be recommending this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Dr. Okamura's staff have always been great and helpful. I have had to wait a few times during my visits but that's all the same with all busy doctors. Dr. Okamura has always given me good solid, sraight forward advice . As a surgeon he has done superb for my ripped muscles in my shoulder, and cleaning up my rotator cuff. Yes,I do recommend Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

My primary doctor refers to Dr. Okumura as "the Shoulder Guru." My visit with him today was great. Dr. Okumura was professional, patient, courteous & kind. He was thorough and showed me my injuries in detail on the MRI. He spent time diagnosing and asked several times if I had any questions. His staff was courteous & professional as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Okamura!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

He is a very unkind and unhelpful doctor despite of his precise diagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2007

I waited 1.5hrs, although they did squeeze me in, kudos to that. I saw the Dr for about 10min if that. He diagnosed me with water on the knee. That's it. He did not take much of a history as to what may have caused the injury. Took x-rays, no MRI-so I may still have some soft tissue injury.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2007

Dr. Gary Okamura's Credentials

• Univ Of Alberta, Fac Of Med, Edmonton, Alb, Canada (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal