Ratings for Dr. Joel W. Levitt

Doctor and staff where so helpful and welcoming. Thank you

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

In June 2016 Dr Levitt performed surgery removing the tonsils and adenoids of two of my children ages at the time 4 and 6 years old. They both had trouble breathing at night and my 6 year old actually stop breathing periodically at night due to over sized tonsils and adenoids. Dr. Levitt scheduled both their surgeries the same day. The procedure wasn't very long. Recovery time is a little tough of course but I think it went well. Immediately I saw a difference in their sleep. The snoring stopped. They are more active cause they can breathe better. Today March 7,2017. They are great, healthy and still active. They are sleeping beautifully and I'm so grateful. I will definitely refer anyone whose child needs the surgery, Dr. Levitt was very understanding, answered my questions and made me feel confident that my children were in good hands.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Fantastic Doctor and staff, after my children's surgeries, the office staff always called daily to see how they were doing.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I took my daughter to Dr Levitt for her tonsils and adenoids to be removed we had a wonderful experience! The office manager Renee called us nearly every other day to check up on the patient. I highly recommend this office!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Every since my visit to Dr. Levitts office on October 30, 2015, my 8 year old daughter had to remove her tonsils and adenoids.. They quickly scheduled her removal appointment for November 16, 2015, since her removal the staff and doctor has been a real blessing they called on a daily basis to find out how my daughter was doing and feeling. Not only do they call for her but they also asked how us as parents were doing also. I can not be more happy and grateful, for the choice I made for my daughter. I highly recommend Dr. Levitt...

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

After noticing my 6 year old daughter was having difficulty breathing in her sleep I made a visit to her primary doctor. He then referred me to an ENT who would not be able to see me for FOUR months!! I was so fustrated and tired having to be up all night to make sure my daughter was ok. After venting to a friend about this, she suggested going to see Dr. Levitt instead. BEST CHOICE I ever made. I called on Friday, they saw her that following Monday and operated on Friday. It was a blessing. He immediately decided she needed her tonsils and adenoids removed to help solve her sleep apnea. And it WORKED. I was extremely pleased with the whole team. They called every other day to make sure my princess was recovering well. They answered ALL my questions. And on her post-op appointment, they greeted my daughter with a Medal, and Certificate, and a lollipop for being a great patient. I recommend this doctor to anyone whose child is suffering in their sleep. It was so difficult but now she sleeps so well it still amazes me. I couldn't be more happy and grateful.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

Fantastic Dr. I visited him at the Newark Beth Israel Clinic for children. The assistant was not helpful she was so overwhelmed with pts. And didn't take the time to understand the importance of my sons surgery. So one of my coworkers referred me to his private office. The next day I called, explained my situation to Rennay. She listened and understand the importance of the surgery. I called the office Thursday, the Monday I was in office setting up an surgery date for my son to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. Lucy was very helpful as well. Rennay explained exactly what I should do, how to. Dr. Levitts made feel comfortable and put me at ease as I was so nervous . The surgery went perfect. During our stay Melissa the nurse at Newark Beth Pediatric Nicu was a sweetheart she made me and my son feel at home.At the hospital, everything went very smooth. Rennay the surgical coordinator was extremely, extremely nice …she called me every day after the surgery for 2 weeks, including Saturday and Sunday and gave me a lot of advices, answered to all my questions. Overall, I was happy with everything. I would definitely recommend and refer family, friends and my pediatric patients to his private office. Once again Thank you, Dr.Levitts, Rennay and Lucy. May God continue to keep and bless you.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Had a terrible experience. I came there with my 3 week old baby and he was examining her nose&throat with adult (!!) endoscope, not infant! causing a lot of bleeding and discomfort. She was having bloody descharge for a week after that. We went to general ENT and even though I was very hesitant to do the procedure again, it turned out just fine because the doctor was using the infant endoscope, which is times smaller in diameter!! Plus I had to wait for 45 minutes for the doctor to see us.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

i was very happy with dr levitt and his staff. they were very helpful and caring.i would recommend him to anyone looking for an ent.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

A+++! I found Dr. Levitt through an online search for "NJ Top Docs" through several NJ magazine annual issues featuring their picks for top docs based on several elements. Anyway, our teenager complained about his throat and he seemed to suffer more than just the usual video game hangover/ fatigue. Long story short, Dr. Levitt and his office really made an extraordinary effort to make sure our teen was taken care of. The office staff person, Renee, was kind and caring. She followed up before during and after the surgery, conveying instructions and info quickly and carefully. The surgery which done at the outpatient ambulatory center at Short Hills went well and the staff at the center were very attentive. The facility is beautiful and spa-like. Our son was VERY comfortable with Dr. Levitt, his manner is personable and relatable. I feel as if he 'got us' and we have already recommended him to others. I am very glad we decided to go with Dr. Levitt and would again.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr. Joel W. Levitt's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1979)

Amerigroup