Ratings for Dr. Joel W. Levitt

Every since my visit to Dr. Levitts office on October 30, 2015, my 8 year old daughter had to remove her tonsils and adenoids.. They quickly scheduled her removal appointment for November 16, 2015, since her removal the staff and doctor has been a real blessing they called on a daily basis to find out how my daughter was doing and feeling. Not only do they call for her but they also asked how us as parents were doing also. I can not be more happy and grateful, for the choice I made for my daughter. I highly recommend Dr. Levitt...

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

After noticing my 6 year old daughter was having difficulty breathing in her sleep I made a visit to her primary doctor. He then referred me to an ENT who would not be able to see me for FOUR months!! I was so fustrated and tired having to be up all night to make sure my daughter was ok. After venting to a friend about this, she suggested going to see Dr. Levitt instead. BEST CHOICE I ever made. I called on Friday, they saw her that following Monday and operated on Friday. It was a blessing. He immediately decided she needed her tonsils and adenoids removed to help solve her sleep apnea. And it WORKED. I was extremely pleased with the whole team. They called every other day to make sure my princess was recovering well. They answered ALL my questions. And on her post-op appointment, they greeted my daughter with a Medal, and Certificate, and a lollipop for being a great patient. I recommend this doctor to anyone whose child is suffering in their sleep. It was so difficult but now she sleeps so well it still amazes me. I couldn't be more happy and grateful.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

Fantastic Dr. I visited him at the Newark Beth Israel Clinic for children. The assistant was not helpful she was so overwhelmed with pts. And didn't take the time to understand the importance of my sons surgery. So one of my coworkers referred me to his private office. The next day I called, explained my situation to Rennay. She listened and understand the importance of the surgery. I called the office Thursday, the Monday I was in office setting up an surgery date for my son to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. Lucy was very helpful as well. Rennay explained exactly what I should do, how to. Dr. Levitts made feel comfortable and put me at ease as I was so nervous . The surgery went perfect. During our stay Melissa the nurse at Newark Beth Pediatric Nicu was a sweetheart she made me and my son feel at home.At the hospital, everything went very smooth. Rennay the surgical coordinator was extremely, extremely nice …she called me every day after the surgery for 2 weeks, including Saturday and Sunday and gave me a lot of advices, answered to all my questions. Overall, I was happy with everything. I would definitely recommend and refer family, friends and my pediatric patients to his private office. Once again Thank you, Dr.Levitts, Rennay and Lucy. May God continue to keep and bless you.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Had a terrible experience. I came there with my 3 week old baby and he was examining her nose&throat with adult (!!) endoscope, not infant! causing a lot of bleeding and discomfort. She was having bloody descharge for a week after that. We went to general ENT and even though I was very hesitant to do the procedure again, it turned out just fine because the doctor was using the infant endoscope, which is times smaller in diameter!! Plus I had to wait for 45 minutes for the doctor to see us.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

A+++! I found Dr. Levitt through an online search for "NJ Top Docs" through several NJ magazine annual issues featuring their picks for top docs based on several elements. Anyway, our teenager complained about his throat and he seemed to suffer more than just the usual video game hangover/ fatigue. Long story short, Dr. Levitt and his office really made an extraordinary effort to make sure our teen was taken care of. The office staff person, Renee, was kind and caring. She followed up before during and after the surgery, conveying instructions and info quickly and carefully. The surgery which done at the outpatient ambulatory center at Short Hills went well and the staff at the center were very attentive. The facility is beautiful and spa-like. Our son was VERY comfortable with Dr. Levitt, his manner is personable and relatable. I feel as if he 'got us' and we have already recommended him to others. I am very glad we decided to go with Dr. Levitt and would again.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I am doing this rating based on the unethical and unprofessional staff that Dr.Levitt has working for him. I went today in an attempt to have my son looked at, and after having a mess up from my pediatrician on a referral, they first told me that they would not see me. Then after somewhat resolving the issue, I was told I would have to pay to see the doctor which I agreed to. After he saw over 3 patients who appointments were after mine, the secretary began to tell me what bad insurance I had and in front of the whole waiting room and told me that I would be paying out of pocket. To make matters worse (besides the fact that it is against HIPPA laws which I will address with that agency, is that I pretty much begged for my son who is in pain to be seen and that was of no concern to them. It was all about the money and the worst experience I have ever had a doctors office. I walked out because I would never want my son to be seen by a practice who violates patient privacy in front of other patients, as well as brings up finances before he is even seen. After doing some research, this practice is notorious for illegal billing and apparently money is all they concern themselves with which was loud and clear from the minute we walked in. Completely unethical and immoral!

Submitted March 17, 2015

I have never met a more unprofessional office staff as I have in Dr. Levitt's office. I was seeing Dr. Levitt regarding my daughter who was having difficulty sleeping he asked her to open her mouth and said he needs to remove tonsils and adnoids. We scheduled surgery 4 weeks later. My daughter was having issues with her ear complaining it hurt before surgery and I called the office and classic they said call my pediatrician let us know before surgery what medications she was on they didn't have time for a routine visit on her. They have office rules that they don't tell anyone until they want or need something. When I scheduled surgery they told me the front would look into benefits. I was called 4 business days before surgery and was asked to provide a credit card for "what they thought my payments would be". They would adjust after the benefits were billed. I said ok please send me the predetermination of benefits which would include what they were going to charge to insurance as I was told we can't. I asked why she said its all about the children and then said in the same sentence that if I didn't pay by that Thursday my daughtter would not have surgery on Monday. So I said really did you listen to what you said. They are a tonil and adnoid removal factory, they are rude, inconsiderate and just want the money. Funny the Dr and I had a pre chat at the first visit how he believed that this is great health care just charge more in co pays and people will pay they need medical attention. Never would I recommend and never should you go there. I had actually paid and then they sent me my money back on the Friday before my daughters surgery was scheduled. Go figure.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

My son had his tonsils and adenoids out a couple of months ago. After having three opinions with three different ENT's as whether to do the surgery we decided immediately to go with doctor Levitt as his confidence and experience with cases similar to my sons made us feel as comfortable as we could be. His staff was phenomenal through the entire process pre surgery and post surgery recovery checking in on us frequently and giving advice to make my son more comfortable during his recovery. Since the surgery my son is thriving. He sleeps better at night, eats better, his speech has drastically improved and has seen an increase in weight. We are so beyond thankful to dr levitt and staff and will recommend him to everyone and anyone!!!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr. Joel W. Levitt's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1979)

Delta Dental
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Every since my visit to Dr. Levitts office on October 30, 2015, my 8 year old daughter had to remove her tonsils and adenoids.. They quickly scheduled her remov..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After noticing my 6 year old daughter was having difficulty breathing in her sleep I made a visit to her primary doctor. He then referred me to an ENT who would..."

November 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic Dr. I visited him at the Newark Beth Israel Clinic for children. The assistant was not helpful she was so overwhelmed with pts. And didn't take the ..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Had a terrible experience. I came there with my 3 week old baby and he was examining her nose&throat with adult (!!) endoscope, not infant! causing a lot of ble..."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i was very happy with dr levitt and his staff. they were very helpful and caring.i would recommend him to anyone looking for an ent. "

May 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "A+++! I found Dr. Levitt through an online search for "NJ Top Docs" through several NJ magazine annual issues featuring their picks for top docs based on severa..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am doing this rating based on the unethical and unprofessional staff that Dr.Levitt has working for him. I went today in an attempt to have my son looked at, ..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have never met a more unprofessional office staff as I have in Dr. Levitt's office. I was seeing Dr. Levitt regarding my daughter who was having difficulty s..."

March 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Dr. My son had both his tonsils and adenoids removed. We had an excellent experience overall!!"

March 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My son had his tonsils and adenoids out a couple of months ago. After having three opinions with three different ENT's as whether to do the surgery we decided i..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Levitt was great explained procedure fully,and the follow up calls were so helpful!! Office was clean and staff extremely friendly!!"

September 3, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Joel" to "Joel W."

October 20, 2013