Ratings for Dr. Jon W. Ahlstrom

My wife went in to see Dr. Ahlstrom after having miscarriages. She went in to try and find out why this was happening and if it had anything to do with her broken back. My wife was in an ATV accident and currently has scoliosis, kyphosis, and lordosis, which cause her immense pain every day. She was trying to tell Dr. Ahlstrom about her back, but he didn't take the time to listen. He bluntly said to her that having miscarriages was a normal thing that happens all the time, leaving her in tears and still wondering if her back would cause problems in the future. He just was there to get paid for the bare minimum effort on his part. Later on, we thought we were pregnant. We had a slightly positive pregnancy test, but after over 5 more negative tests and her belly continuing to grow, we decided to make another trip in to see him. We had an ultrasound, which showed that the baby had no heartbeat. He advised us to have a D&C, but he showed no emotion or comfort to my wife who was bawling her eyes out at the scary news. Luckily we were able to get the surgery just 2 days after the visit, but after the surgery he did NOT come talk to me or talk to her about how things went and what we should do next. He filled his quota and was GONE before we could talk to him. The ER receptionist had to call his office to schedule a follow up appointment! After the surgery, my wife was having heavy bleeding and her belly kept getting larger, which should be a huge red flag for doctors, but Dr. Ahlstrom just brushed it off as being normal, even though my wife, who works in the medical field, was starting to panic. Needless to say, we will not be going back to Dr. Ahlstrom. He was there just to get the job done in a way that proved that he was in it for the money alone; there was no patient care. I hope that our horrible experience will not be felt by anyone who has gone through miscarriage.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I followed Dr. Ahlstrom to his new location in Logan because he is so excellent! He was very encouraging when I wanted to have my second child by VBAC.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I recently went to the Emergency Room and was given a diagnosis of Uterine Tumors and Cysts. I had been to the point of if i lifted anything more than 10 lbs i would hemorrhage for almost a year. the Doctor i had seen for this told me to take ibuprofen and rest. Dr Ahlstrom was able to get me in the next day and after several test recommended immediate surgery. I have to say I have never met a Doctor so patient and understanding. He listens and then after asking any further questions went over all possible options. He performed my surgery himself not someone i had never seen. I had very little pain , No infection, and healed fast. I would recommend him to everyone. My step daughter was having an issue ,she is 14, we went to speak with him and wow he is great with kids.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

A little about my background, I was seen by my local emergency room and told I had cysts the size of grapefruits and to follow up with my OBG within 24 hours. My OBG could not see me for several weeks so I contacted Dr. Ahlstrom’s. In order for me to see him I traveled an hour each way and it was well worth my time. I found compassion, a listening ear and his knowledge of my situation to be above par. After six years of not conceiving and discussing this with Dr. Ahlstrom he discussed with me several options that would help. I always felt like he spent much more than my allotted appointment time reassuring me and making me feel like my time and situation was important. I had discussed this and talked with my local OBG several times and was told to just wait and see what happens.I am happy to say after trying for so long I was able to conceive and have another child and I credit this fully to Dr. Ahstroms knowledge and care for my specific situation.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2012

He had great bedside manner. I hope to have him deliver my next baby. He delivered my last child and made me feel so comfortable. He answered all my questions and eased my stress. I hope that you all go see him. I can promise you will love him as much as i did!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

Dr. Ahlstrom was amazing for me. He fixed my bladder situation and gave me back my life. I love him for the great doctor he is.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

I had went to Dr. Alhstrom for my entire pregnency had long wait times and honestly I'm not sure he ever remembered me ever the wait times were a joke and he missed huge issues I have a negative blood type he "forgot" to tell me until after I was 39 weeks. I could have never been able to carry children again. He was unavailable to deliver my child but then after being checked by another Dr all day suddenly available and obscenely late the nurse allowed my son to be crowned for 15 minutes waiting on him he allowed me to rip atrociously never informed me my pleasenta had ruptured sewed me up funny and I had to tell him a year later I had a minor prolapse at 22 I have a prolapse my kids head sitting on that exact spot for an extra 15 minutes had nothing to do with that I'm sure then neglected to tell me how bad it was I gave this man too many chances I hope you don't.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2011

I went in for a D&C consultation and all he told me was that I needed to lose weight but he was kind enough to suggest a good diet book NOT. Will not be going back.

Submitted June 1, 2010

This dude told me to get a procedure done and then didn't even remember me or why he told me to get that procedure done. He finally had to get my chart and review it for 10min before continuing our appt. Dummy!

Submitted March 8, 2010

I switched Dr. A after being dumped by another doctor in my 7th month of pregnancy with my second child. I had a prior c-section, and he was supportive of a trial of labor. During my labor, he always offered me choices and did not make me feel like I was "on the clock." I was able to have a successful VBAC. The only thing I didn't like was that he forced me into an uncomfortable pushing position and ended up doing an episiotomy. He worked great with my doulas, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND every woman considering hiring a doula (labor assistant) for birth. It made all the difference in the world.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

Dr. Jon W. Ahlstrom's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1991)

• BCBS Illinois