Ratings for Dr. Freda Lo

My family has been seeing Dr Lo for 8 years. She is an amazing doctor. She always takes out concerns seriously and refers us to specialists when needed. My son was born right before Christmas holidays, and was having issues with jaundice. She took time out from a family function to call us and check on how he was doing. Now that she has moved to Edmonton, I am very disappointed in the staff at the Domonion medical clinic. It is near impossible to get an appointment and the staff is not at all helpful. If she wasn't such a great doctor, I wouldn't put up with the staff at her clinic and would go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

The staff blatantly ignores you when you walk in.. you usually have to wait 10 minutes for them to acknowledge you at the front desk. Then wait another 30 minutes after your appointment to be let into the doctors office. Then wait another hour in the doctors office before you get a visit from the doctor. As well, I found that Dr Lo sometimes said inappropriate/ rude comments/jokes towards a sensitive pregnant lady... and found her to be not really sincere in answering questions, but rather would say just a quick response of everything is fine to quiet down my concerns.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Do not trust this doctor.. She is all about money. I asked her to refer me to another doctor for my prenatal visits. She told me she had done this 3 months ago, but also told me 'don't call the new doctor- they will call you.' Fed up, I finally ignored her advice and called the doctor that she supposedly referred me to 2-3 months ago. She did NOT send the referral. She lied to me every visit I had.. also emphasizing that she also delivered babies, and don't worry, just keep seeing me until your other doctor calls you! I believe she had no intentions of sending out the referral, as she wanted to collect her fee every visit I made. I would go to another doctor that you can actually trust.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I have been seeing Dr.Lo for many years-first in Leduc and now in Edmonton. Without a doubt and this is my opinion only she is not the greatest doctor-the only reason I see her is because I have no where else to go and unfortunately a lot of doctors are not accepting new patients. She only works 3 days a week.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. Lo is amazing! She's very kind and empathetic. She doesn't make you feel rushed. Have been seeing her since she was in Leduc; followed her to Edmonton. The reception staff at her new clinic (MacTaggart) isn't the greatest. They will keep you on hold for 15-20 minutes before saying hello and tend to be a little rude and abrupt. Dr. Lo makes up for it though with her excellent patient skills and vast knowledge. A wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

We have been seeing Dr. Lo ever since we moved to Leduc in 2007. Now that she moved, we followed her there. I find her very personable, caring, she always takes the time to listen. Heck even when I see her out in public, she chats! If she was taking new patients, I would for sure recommend her. I like the fact that where she is has a walk in as well as doctors that are accepting new patients.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

as much as I love dr. LO,now she moves to DOMINION MEDICAL CENTRES which is all $$$$$$$$$, I am out of syndroid pills ,I ask the front desk I need prescription from DR LO over my pharmacy but they wont do it coz I have to make appnt to DR LO which is way far or they can do it with $$$$$$$ which more cost of my pills ,I dont have ride,and cannot afford to miss day work,I have my life time SYNDROID PILLS to take,do I have to do it like this all the time? this is ****!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Excellent common sense approach for my pregnancy - I will never go back to an Ob/Gyn!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

Dr. Lo is awesome!! I've been seeing her for over 4 years now and she's great. She takes the time to listen to your concerns and does a great job in making you feel comfortable with whatever is happening. She has always sent me for further testing if there was even the slightest suspicion of something wrong. She gave me excellent prenatal care throughout two of my four pregnancies-two occurred when I lived in another province She is fabulous. I would highly recommend her to anyone/everyone.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

she is great looked after my mom and grandmother and she takes great care of them and looks deep in to what is wrong with them and that is great

flag | Submitted February 4, 2010