Ratings for Dr. Madeleine Murphy

I was a patient for many years since I was very young but finally left her when I began to suspect something was very off. I also had two other dr's that mentioned in conversation concerns. I question whether she is stable .. I'm not sure. Last time I went she slammed my head into the machine where they test your vision. I couldn't get out of there fast enough, I switched dr's and am very happy now. There were also some things that she lied to me about and I find that hard to forgive.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

After several visits to Dr Murphy and many incorrect prescriptions, I finally went to a new eye doctor. One visit and this doctor suspected Keratoconus, and referred me to The Eye Institute. I do not understand how Dr Murphy missed it.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Contrary to the other reviews I've been reading, I find Dr. Murphy on time, knowldgeable, and pleasant. My husband and I have been going to her for over ten years, and we are very happy with the service we have received.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

She's a person on a power trip. She thinks anyone that isn't a Doctor with her level of education is incompetent. Go else where she's a head ache, rude, abusive, stuck up, insensitive may the list go on!!!!! Nothing but a negative vibe from the moment you walk in the door.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I find that she is very thoughtful and thorough with her patients. I have been going to her since I was in my teens. I refuse to go to anyone else. Her intervention and assertiveness saved by eyes. She follows up with me twice a year because I had a detached aretna.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

This doctor has two faces. She has ups and downs like all people do, but most of the times she is rude especially to her staff. I admire her staffs Kristen, Danielle, and Charlene for being patient in doing their jobs. Too bad they have to deal with this doctor everyday.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

This is a chaotic office and unpredictable Doctor. Confusion reigns!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Rude, ignorant, controlling, abusive and unprofessional sums up this person, my advice to upcoming patients, look for somebody else. I feel for her staff.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Dr Murphy's staff Danielle and Christine are amazing and must deal with a difficult employer. They are very patient with Dr Murphy as she is very rude and condescending to them. I have been in the office several times in the past 6 months due to surgeries and must say she is lucky to have them in her office. As for her patients she will rush you in and out after having a long heart warming conversation of 45 minutes with a different patient. PS : you can hear everything clearly when she sits you outside of her office. I am happy I no longer need to be followed due to post operations and will be looking for a new Ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Always expect to spend at least 1 hour longer than you thought you would. There are so many patients waiting for and needing to see a ophthalmologic specialist, that Dr. M. Murphy tries her best to see as many patients as she can each clinic day. Therefore, appointment time is not always exact. It is well worth the wait. She is very knowledgable and thorough. We believe it is well worth the wait. She is fantastic with children and all other age ranges. While you are waiting to see her, you'll notice that she is running around like no other doctor I've seen, so that she can get every patient seen and treated. Other offices where you wait long periods of time to see the doctor, in many of those offices the waiting is due to physician not even being in the office, and physicians taking too long with particular patients, and taking breaks when appointments are due. This is not the case with Dr. M. Murphy.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015