Ratings for Dr. Joseph M. Masessa

staff has changed its 10 times better now, its hard to find good staff, but now the staff is amazing

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. Masessa took time to address all of my concerns, explain the treatment plan and what our next steps would be. He was very thorough and instilled so much confidence! I ended up taking my father to see him because I liked him so much. I will recommend him to all of my friends!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Yes I had to wait, but quality of care I received from Dr and his assistants can not be compared to other practitioners neither in dermatology nor somewhere else. I had a condition for many years that nobody could figure out, and this doctor knew what tests to order, diagnosed the disease and now I am being treated for it. He is very competent in medicine. I referred many friends and they are all coming back to him as well. Good doctor, good stuff. Wait times are a little long, bring a book.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

THANK YOU ALL. AFTER READING THE WAY THIS DOCTOR TREATS PEOPLE I AM NOT GOING TO HIM...HOW DARE HE LET A PA SEE A PATIENT INSTEAD OF HIM TREATING THE PATIENT ...OUTRAGEOUS..THANK GOD ..FOR YOUR REVIEWS.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

DO NOT GO TO THIS DR, I MADE AN APPOINTMENT AND WALKED OUT BECAUSE THE OFFICE STAFF WAS VERY RUDE AND OFFPUTTING.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

wish I had read these reviews before my surgery, I felt as I was at his mercy , which he has none.... afraid to return to have stiches removed as to what he may do next..........................

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

Thank you everyone for taking the time to describe your experiences with this office. I will NOT be scheduling an appointment with this unpleasant man and his equally rude staff. Life is too short…. thank goodness for this helpful website!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I personally worked for Dr.Masessa. I worked at the Toms River, NJ, And Manahawkin, NJ locations. All of these negative reviews are from people who don't understand anything and only,want to complain. Your insurance tells you everything can be done in one visit (surgeries) because they only have to pay for one which leaves YOU with the remaining Bill (so really he's saving you from having to pay). As far as follow ups are concerned we make you come back multiple times to make sure you are healing ok.there is always a chance something could happen so we want to make sure you are healing properly and you get fast attention if not. the PA'S. That are in our office have all undergone years of working directly next to the doctor himself So They know exactly what is going on. They are,trained better than doctors while in school for those of you too ignorant to give them the time of day because they don't have,M,D, after their name. The doctor is in and out because he has surgeries to get,to. If you've had skin cancer you would appreciate a doctor who would spend more time getting it out than sit in a room doing nothing with someone else. Dr. masessa and his staff are very well trained and we know what were,doing. So before you decide you're in a bad,mood and want to be negative how about you tall to someone and get the real answer.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

Very Poor experience. There is no accountability in this office.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I wish I had read these reviews before I sent my husband to this dr. He is absolutely arrogant and obnoxious. When my husband voiced concerns about an unnecessarily invasive procedure the doctor called his concerns stupid. He may be brilliant but that is worth nothing if he cannot be trusted. My husband was told that the procedure he would undergo would be minor and if a skin graft was necessary, it would be performed. Instead, the doctor severely disfigured my husband without giving him the option of choosing a less invasive procedure. Permanent damage is permanent. There's no way back now.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Joseph M. Masessa's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1987)

Pacificare