Ratings for Dr. Clifford L. Jeng

A resident will do your surgery, Mercy is a teaching hospital so Jeng won't touch you during surgery. Doesn't know much about feet, i think he mainly does ankles. I went for a consult and he seemed to have no idea. I spent most of the time with a resident (who would have done the surgery). Wasn't for me.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Dr. Clifford Jeng has the most exceptional bedside mannerisms I have encountered in years! He was extremely thorough during my initial consultation and explained everything at each and every appointment. I never felt rushed or hurried like I have at so many other medical offices. He reviewed all of my options and outlined a treatment plan tailored to my needs and our schedules. Dr. Jeng promised me two things during my consultation 1) reduced pain after surgical reconstruction and 2) improved quality of life. He has fully delivered on both promises. Although I will never live pain free and may need future treatment and/or surgical intervention, he is the only doctor I will continue to entrust with the care of my foot. My original injury was a severe Lisfranc injury with multiple fractures and dislocations back in 1997 and Dr. Jeng was able to remove broken K wires that no other doctor would attempt (because of the depth in the bones and complexity). I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Clifford Jeng 

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr. Jeng repaired a tendon in my ankle that other doctors stated it was not worth repairing. He demonstrated more knowledge about the procedure than the other doctors I had consulted on my rupture. He accepted me into surgery with very little notice and scheduled me into a very busy practice. The foot has almost returned to full function with no complications. I am able to return to my active life style. Dr Jeng and his staff are very attentive, knowledgeable and punctual. They always took the time to discuss the procedure and any follow-up questions I had.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I highly recommend Dr Jeng. I had a bunion for 20+ years. Over time it became much worse which caused crossover toe and hammertoe. Over the years I saw 4 doctors. I never felt comfortable that they could help my pain. Mercy Medical Foot & Ankle Reconstruction has been advertised on TV. That convinced me to make an appointment. Dr Jeng and staff were exceptional. Everything from surgery to recovery was explained to my satisfaction. He was very honest with what to expect; if you follow his instructions, recovery is smooth. It has been 4 months since surgery and the pain is gone. Dr Jeng takes his time to talk with you; very professional and compassionate. I highly recommend to be under his care. Thank you Dr. Jeng.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Due to nerve damage in my leg my toes became clawed and my ankle was out of alignment. I could barely walk and was at risk for losing my toes. DR. Jeng operated on my foot 3 months ago and my toes are straight and my ankle is as it should be. I am amazed at how well I am walking and I can't thank DR. Jeng enough. Not only is he a great surgeon he was very caring and kind. Thank you DR. Jeng.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Jeng replaced my ankle 6 months ago and I am completely pleased. He prepared me extremely well for what I should expect before, during and after my surgery. He answered every question we asked with an explanation that we could understand. Dr. Jeng's gentle manner, evident expertise, quiet confidence, and enthusiasm to relieve my pain have been very reassuring throughout this entire process. I received outstanding care at Mercy Medical Center and the staff was exceptionally helpful to my husband. The surgery was flawless, my recovery as well. My physical therapist said he had never seen such precision in ankle surgery in all of his many years of practice. I sailed through physical therapy and was back to work full time in three months. When it comes time to have my other ankle replaced, I will have no hesitation knowing that I can count on Dr. Jeng, once again. It will again be a very wise decision!! I am most grateful to Dr. Jeng for helping me to walk pain-free again!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

I would recommend Dr. Jeng and the team at the Institute for Foot & Ankle Reconstruction without reservation. Dr. Jeng is a rare combination of a world class surgeon with a caring and engaging bedside manner. My case was made more complicated by the fact that I was from out of state, but Dr. Jeng and I used email & photos to ensure that my recovery from surgery remained on track for months after the initial procedure. I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Jeng. Had I not, I am not sure I ever would have walked properly again.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I went to dr jeng in the worst pain he than performed surgery on my ankle but before going under he was the one person who took all anxiety away (I'm 14). He is the reason I am pain free today and I would recommend him to ANYONE!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Dr. Jeng is an excellent MD. Prior to seeing Dr. Jeng, I had a reconstructive ankle surgery with a different doctor in VA. After the first surgery it never felt quite right. I was suspect of the outcome and a year later was referred to Dr. Jeng. He was very good and meticulous. Spent over an hour with me during the initial consult and determined what needed to be fixed. He explained the what, why, and how of the problem. This instilled all the trust I needed to move forward. The surgery went great and follow ups were just as good as the initial visit. After rehab and therapy, I was running, snowboarding, and able to do things I enjoy again. Hands down, the best doctor/patient experience I've had.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Dr. Jeng was a great doctor. I have had several surgies because of an accident I was in, and Dr. Jeng took the time to time to really figure out what the problem was and how we could fix it. Dr. Jeng is the only doctor that has actually personally called me himself after surgery to see how I was doing. I would highly recommend The Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstructioin. I had other doctors tell me that there was nothing else that we could do for my ankle before I went to see Dr. Jeng. I am now starting to run thanks to his work!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Dr. Clifford L. Jeng's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

UPMC