Ratings for Dr. Carol Ng

After consulting a naturopathic doctor, I went to Dr. Ng specifically requesting a transvaginal ultrasound. She told me a pelvic ultrasound would suffice, end of discussion. I questioned her no further on this and proceeded to have the pelvic ultrasound she requisitioned for me. Without prompting from me, the technician I went to requested written permission from me for a transvaginal ultrasound as it would provide a better image. I agreed. Later, I received a letter informing me that Dr. Ng could no longer see me "due to the changing nature" of her practice. When I talk to the receptionist, she said "Oh, you got one of THOSE letters" and refused to book any appointments at all as doctors in this clinic "work together". I requested an appointment to discuss the matter and was denied. All attempts to contact Dr. Ng in person, by phone, and by email failed. When I transferred my records to another doctor I requested a copy. The last entry reads: P/T (patient) will be "fired".

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

Doctor booked more patient than they can handle in a single day. Wait time for my scheduled appointment was nearly 3 1/2 hour.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2010

She is very arrogent. I saw a man on her floor screaming in her office and she rolled her eyes when someone asked her to help! She is rude to her staff and not helpful at all. She can be nice when she feels sorry for people, or maybe she just doesn't want to hear them complain anymore.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

Dr.Ng replaced my original doctor,Dr.Yorkston(who was great!).Dr.Ng,however, has often made me feel like my concerns were stupid, and expressed obvious annoyance that I came in for STD testing vs. a PAP. She actually huffed and scolded me for calling the testing a pap, and wasting her time. I found her pap testing painful, and she always left me bleeding. I would periodically ask for STD testing because I was recently separated and seeing someone new. This was the ONLY person I dated after my husband for a 2 year period, but I just wanted to be sure. My best friend got HIV from his longterm relationship. Anyway, Dr.Ng made me feel like a **** for asking, and actually told me I shouldn't just sleep with people WHILE she was proding my vagina! When I moved and stopped seeing her, she declared me "fired" on my patient file to my new doctor! I didn't know you could be fired by your doctor! I you can, see someone else-she is insensitive, arrogant, and dismissive, and her PAPs are painful.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Dr. Ng was the on-call doctor when I gave birth. I didn't feel she has much experience. She told me to go home after she examed me while the nurse said I should stay as I might give birth soon. And the nurse was right. Dr. Ng broke my water before I was fully dilated, then I waited an hour to fully dilate. After that I had a hard time pushing my baby out. Dr. Ng wasn't by my side the whole time. In the end my baby got into distress and the on-call OB had to perform emergency intervention. I highly recommend Dr. Ng's pregnant patients look for an OB ASAP.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

I'm disappointed with her concern for her patients. What ever happened to " The Hippocratic Oath" I'm totally disillusioned with her.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

I was a patient of Dr Yorston's when Dr Ng took over. Dr Yorston's high calibre of care is a hard act to follow, but Dr Ng is at the opposite end of the spectrum. She diagnosed my mother with heart failure and accused her of "forgetting" to go for diagnostic tests when she couldn't find the results. When I told her I in fact took my mother to the clinic where she did indeed get the tests done, she said it didn't matter anyway. When asked if my mother should quit smoking, Dr Ng said no, it's "too late". Another time, she referred my son to a specialist because according to her, one of his legs was "MUCH longer" than the other. The specialist asked why my son was referred to him and shook his head in disbelief when I told him. He said in fact his legs were exactly the same length, which in itself is unusual. Incidentally, many years later, my mother quit smoking. Now 83, she no longer relies on puffers.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2008

Dr. Ng looked after me during my first pregnancy and was fantastic. She truly cares and was quite thorough and patient. I highly recommend her as a doctor for families looking for someone who isn't going to rush them out of the office. I would have stayed with her if not for the distance (I moved).

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

Dr Ng took over for Dr Janet Yorkston I sadly miss Dr Yorston as I felt that she spent more time and was more caring about her patients. I feel that I shall have to look for a new Dr as I'm not comfortable with her.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2008

She is no cooperative in a pregnancy case, did not refer a specialist and we had to run very bad situation to fininding a gynochologist at the time 8/9 month pregnancy time of me.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2008