Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Crotty

I went in for a follow up with Dr. Cotty for my $500 insoles (BCBS insurance did not cover) and told him that I was worse off than before. I could immediately tell that he got annoyed. He left the room to cool off. When he came back, he did not give me the appropriate time to explain where I was having more pain. He said with an attitude, "Well you need to tell me where it hurts." I do not recommend you go to him. Dr. Cotty does not listen to his patients. I could write a book about my experience but I will stop here. DO NOT see this Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I went to see Dr. Crotty for pain in the heel of my foot. I explained that I had been wearing a boot at night thinking this was plantar fasciitis but was not improving. He began talking so fast about , "this is not the problem, it is not your shoes it is not from wearing heels, it is because you are not balanced, you do not need to wear the boot". Xrays were taken where bone spurs were on both heels and I had bunions. He talked to me about having to surgically repair the bunions but that it did not need to be done right away but the sooner it was done the less down time I would have. (4 weeks vs. 6 months) He proceded to give me injections in my foot "to reduce swelling and pain". The shots were the worst I ever had, the pain was terrible. He then came in and put some felt pieces under my arches and wrapped tape around it and told me to wear them in my shoes and if I had any pain in front of my foot to wear heel pads which the nurse provided. As I am being escorted to the desk I am given a paper about custom made orthotics and told that insurance typically doesn't pay for these and the cost is $500.00 and they require $250.00 down payment. I left the office hopeful that my pain would be relieved. The pain in my heel never went away and I wore the pads and heel pads provided although it was not comfortable. I kept thinking it would take my feet a bit to adjust. I sufferred all night with pain in both feet that was not my normal heel pain. I tried the pads again the following day and again terrible pain in my feet. I removed the pads and continued to suffer with pain in my heel. My follow up appointment I explained that the shot did not help and that wearing the pads caused further pain. He again began talking really fast first about the FDA removing their "normal" steroid medication from their stock and so used another steroid that "sometimes" doesn't work as well and so he could give me a "stronger" steroid to see how that works. I declined that since the pain from the shot was not something I wanted to do again and have no relief. He then proceded to tell me that I needed to wear the pads that he provided and allow my feet to get use to them since I was not balanced and that I needed to start wearing the boot again at night while elevating my foot. It seems that this whole business is focused on surgery and orthotics. I am not impressed.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Dr. Crotty removed my infected left big toe nail root and all yesterday and 30 hours later I still waiting for it to start to hurt. It was a little tinder when my wife changed the dressing. I will go back and see what else he can do for a broken down old man that has spent the last 35 years eating to much bent over a computer terminal a is paying the price.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr. Crotty not only reconstructed my foot so that the pain is completely gone. He also explained why my knees, hips and back were hurting so much. The orthotics he had made for me along with the surgery have corrected all of those problems. I like his plain-spoken style and the way he explains things so that I understand. The staff are absolutely wonderful. The wait is never more than a few minutes. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Very pleasant physician and staff! Wait time is always less than 10 minutes, from the time you walk in until you see the doctor. Felt I left his office very informed and hopeful, and now I'm better than ever. The shoe inserts he made me were well worth the money, and I've had several family members and friends say the same. Also fixed my ingrown toenails with almost zero pain. Love that he watches how the whole body reacts to what he does.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

Dr. withheld vital information shown on xrays about a fracture, lied to me, when confronted yelled at me, then blamed/accused me of not telling him the correct exact spot of pain. He came clean about the fracture but said he didn't feel it relevant to bring up but instead kept selling me different things to try at $400 each which intensified my fracture and wasted/prolonged my healing time.Then he would not refund my out-of-pocket I paid his office for the ridiculous custom $400 shoe insoles he made me. Do not waste your time and money with this Dr. nor his dishonest office manager who also lied to me and Dr. Crotty upon several occasions.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

I cannot begin to list all of the things that were wrong with my foot when I began seeing Dr. Crotty. I was in a wheel chair due to the excruciating pain. As soon as he got something "fixed", we discovered something else wrong. During the 11 months it took to correct EVERYTHING, I began to feel like a welcome member of the office family. His staff is warm, compassionate, and professional. I have already referred several of my friends and family members to him, and they have all been pleased. He is able to "fix" most people's feet in a very short amount of time, but even if your feet are as bad as mine were, I can assure you that he will find the solution to it. I did not lose the use of my foot, and today I am pain free! I recommend him unconditionally!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2008

Dr. Crotty is the example of what ALL doctors should be. He is concise, considerate and caring. He knows his "stuff" and isn't in medicine just for the money. If you have foot or ankle problems he is WORTH THE DRIVE if you don't live in Stillwater. He AND his staff are what you think of before medicine became an "industry".

flag | Submitted August 20, 2007

He LISTENS to and remembers everything you tell him, and asks numerous questions. Explains EVERYTHING so that you can understand it. Doesn't waste time getting you back on your feet, and he does everything possible to eliviate your pain as soon as possible. He's good with kids too. He's very "down to earth", and extremely knowledgable. I didn't require surgery, but know a few poeple who have, and they are all very pleased with the outcome. If your feet are in dire pain, as mine were, I highly recommend that you try him!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2007

Dr. Robert A. Crotty's Credentials

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Stillwater, OK