Ratings for Dr. David Matthew

It is getting ridiculous these days at the office, Dr Dave seems never to be there. Secretary called cancelling our rendez vous because "he is still in Florida where he mostly lives now and could not get back to Montreal". Clearly he does not give a hoot about we clients anymore. No respect for us, waited seven weeks for the rendez vous. Going elsewhere where doctors actually care for their clients, not just there wallets.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Have been a patient for over 25 years. Care from Dr. Matthew and staff is excellent. Workmanship is excellent. He has a wonderful patient/doctor approach. Emergencies are handled very quickly. The office staff are always very polite and pleasant. Have recommended many friends to Dr. Matthew and everyone has been with satisfied with his work.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Not certain what has happened in the clinic but services and personnel have dropped off from what we experienced in the past. We see Dr Dave, as he likes to be called, and his partner Dr. B depending on availability. Seems Dr. Dave is not around much, and when he is, he is quite off focus and distracted. My daughters will not see him and more, they just feel uncomfortable with him. My wife finds all is fine. I get the feeling he has lost his love for treating people. He charges more for the same services than Dr. B. I know because I work at an insurance company, I get and pay the bills. My son says he feels he is over treated with treatments he does not want, more X rays than he ever had. Do not get me wrong here, quality of past work very good, these days we do not know. We want to get a message to the staff and Doc here that, we hope all is well, we just need the care we had in the past. We are the same age, Dr. Dave and I, we joke about this, graying hair, tummy size, we both love golf, etc. so this is tough to sit back and assess. B and D and family

Submitted June 29, 2017

I have been with this dentist for over 30 years and he and his staff are great

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr Dave was great in the past. Wish the old Dr Dave could be back. These says he seems preoccupied and not focused. Pays more attention to the assistants and hygiene young ones than us. Clinic needs sprucing up. Worn out looking. This is very difficult to say but we hope this might inspire him to be his real former self again. We hear from the staff it is like he cannot wait to get out of work. Please someone there take him aside and chat. We need his former great skills. Donna and Gary

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I have been with Dr Matthews for many years. Excellent doctor and always available when I need him. I recommend him often and will continue to see him until he decides to stop practicing dentistry. Recently had to have 3 caps replaced and he found quick, painless and a cost effective approach to getting it done. A big fan.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

The clinic is looking and is tired. In need of an update, chairs and equipment are old and looking it. Wish the doctor was more focused, these days seems to be distant and does not have the love for what he does that he had in the past. My wife and I and her family know Dr Dave from the golf club and downtown, so it is hard to write this. Hopefully someone there will read and listen and do something. Hard to get appointments often since we hear he is out of town a lot. G&B

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Dr. Matthew is without a doubt an excellent dentist. I have many problems with my teeth an jaw and he always listens attentively and finds solutions. A very kind and understanding person and his staff have always been friendly and skilled. The building is old, but that's Montreal for you and most buildings in Westmount are old. If you're a high maintenance person who looks for spotless, mirror shiny floors and the smell of disinfectant everywhere, this is not the place for you. The office is very well maintained, and it have a comfortable "lived-in" look. Anyway, who cares about the office! Dr. Matthew is great and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

As a new patient I found Dr. Matthew to be an excellent dentist! Very knowledgeable. His Assistant is super good looking! Good team!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Dave is always available and friendly. Thorough in his approach to understanding problems and imaginative in devising helpful solutions. Our family is pleased with his manner, staff and our results. Good professional recommendation to an orthodontist.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013