Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Sethna

Terrible experience. He dismissed my neurological symptoms and prescribed me a medicine to cover the symptoms, while advising me to increase the dose until I hallucinate. It felt like he diagnosed me before I even spoke. It turns out he missed a major medical condition which I am now thankful to be being treated for at a couple other clinics. Lastly, he talked down to me and disregarded much of what I said. I would never return here, nor would I recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Sethna since 2001 to treat my multiple sclerosis. Yes every once in a while I have to wait a while to see him but he is worth it. He is extremely knowledgeble, caring, professional, etc. I saw 4 other neurologists from 1998 to 2001 who either told me that I was exaggerating my symptoms or that I would never walk unassisted or be able to work more than 2 hours every other day. I've now walked without assistance and held a 20 hour/week professional job for over 10 years.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

He double books his appointments and twice arrived late at the clinic, so that there was a waiting room filled with people all waiting to see him first thing in the morning. Worst doctor I ever saw. He dismissed my neurological symptoms telling me he thought I was making them up. I later learned I had a serious medical situation that he should have figured out.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

You may have to wait past your appt. time but he is worth the wait. When you see him he is VERY thorough and makes sure you have all your concerns addressed.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

Dr. Sethna is the best doctor i've met. He helps all his patients to the best of his ability--which is very high. He is genuine and talented in his trade.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr. Sethna has been taking care of my wife who has MS for several years now. His personal concern, attention to detail, and bedside manor is impeccable. My wife has seen several doctors about her MS. No doctor has been more proactive then Dr. Sethna.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

Was seen for migraines and brain cyst. Dr. Sethna said my brain cyst was not the cause of any of my symptoms. He was wrong. I'm now having it removed after finding out it is the cause of all my symptoms. He also put me on medication that caused me to hallucinate and have difficulty breathing. I told him and he advised me to continue taking the meds. I stopped taking it and never went back.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2008

I've been seen at noran from 2/00. Sethna from 02. Has always been very aware of newer meds,proceedures, etc. He will take as much time as you, he, or both of you think you need. Wants to make you take an active part in your care. Very pleasant and allways professional. Waits about 15-20mn. Highly Recomended!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2006

Helped with my Migraines. A good, straight-forward doctor. Noran Clinic is big with many neurologists. Be sure to see someone that specializes in what you are needing to be seen for.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2006

Very rude, and cynical. Treated me in a very infantile manner, and blew off my symptoms. When I sought a second oppinion it was discovered that I had a very potentially serious neurological issue that would require monitoring via MRI's and spinal taps for the next three years. This doctor is horrible and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2005

Dr. Michael P. Sethna's Credentials

• Mayo Medical School (Grad. 1983)

MSP/BC Med