Ratings for Dr. Raymond Ying

I'm really surprised by the negative comments on here. I just saw Dr Ying and it was the best experience I've had with a doctor in a long time. When he came in he had obviously reviewed my file carefully (I usually see another doc in the same clinic). He knew of all the blood tests I had taken in the last year, my prescriptions and even where I work. This despite the fact it's a super busy clinic and i was only in on a one-off visit because my regular doc wasn't available. He was thorough, asked all the right questions and offered me testing "just to be safe". He had a pleasant manner and was super professional. It was a quick visit - but that's just the way things are these days. I would consider switching over to him from my current GP based on that visit. Really impressed with his professionalism - he explained his thinking to me on my condition and encouraged me to come back in if necessary. He also made time for a wee bit of small talk which was nice. Overall a great experience and i was impressed.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I've seen Dr. Ying three times now and I give up - he is terrible. He's always very late for the appointment and he has poor knowledge. He does not listen to what I have to say and he simply does not care. He's always rushing to end the appointment and he does not let me finish my sentences. I've been having tinnitus for 6 months now and he insists that I just have water in my ears, and that this is going to solve by itself, even though the ENT already examined me and said that I do not have water in my ears! I'll never come back to see him.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Had to wait for 30 minutes after having entered the examination room as Dr. Ying was 'finishing up some notes' - I thought he had forgotten about me. Upon entering, he was rushing to get out the door and didn't even have the respect to let me finish my sentences. After having some blood work come back with concerning results and requesting re-tests following some lifestyle changes, he refused to offer the requisition forms for follow-up tests, and was dismissive of my concerns (where as the initial Dr who reviewed my blood work was very concerned). Will make an effort to avoid when going back to this clinic, as the majority of the other Drs appear to be genuinely concerned about their patients' health. He is obviously in it to collect fees from as many patients as possible, is a great demonstration of why people avoid Drs in general, and will likely be responsible for basic preventable/chronic ailments due to negligence.

Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr. Ying is my baby boy's doctor. He is very patient and listens well. I like the way that he understands new parents always have tons of questions about baby, and he answers all our questions and and gives good advices. I'd like to have him as my and my husband's GP but unfortunately he is not accepting new patients at the moment ;(

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Submitted October 17, 2014

Being his patient a few years. Can get any examination paper if it is necessary. Feel satisfaction with his treatment all the time.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Really bad doctor. Would not recommend. He does not listen. He doesn't care about your concerns or pains... just says no to everything. Wouldn't even write me a simple blood test. Will absolutely never go to see him again. Horrible! Horrible!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Dr. Ying is a great doctor. He is very professional, a good listener and offers me suggestions in a kind and respectful way. I like the way he systematically explains what potential issues could be and next steps. I'm very happy being his patient.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Thanks to the doctor's hunch I discovered a serious condition. He was fairly professional and I have absolutely no complaints.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Excellent doctor! After doing the test that I had gone in for, he actually took time to give me advice and to make lifestyle suggestions, etc. Honestly - I did not find him condescending at all. I really liked him and will probably go back. The downside to that clinic, of course, is that you do have to wait a long time. Fortunately, you can "check in", leave and then come back later. If you do that, the wait isn't too bad at all. Checking in can be a bit of a challenge as well if the receptionists are on the phone. They are friendly, but will keep you waiting. Overall, very impressed with Dr. Ying and would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011