Ratings for Dr. Marvin Roy Kremberg

I saw Dr Kremberg recently as another Psychiatrist would not treat the condition I was diagnosed with. I was a little apprehensive, as I'd read some negative reviews, but he was a wonderful doctor. I was in the waiting room for about 60 seconds before his support staff came to give me forms and explain the wait time. They were very considerate and explained the entire process with care and patience. I waited almost an hour to be seen which is not great for a busy professional, but at least I knew how long to expect. When I saw Dr Kremberg, he did not rush, or jump to conclusions. He asked probably 25 questions before eventually agreeing with the diagnosis another Psychiatrist had given me. He took care to start me on a very mild prescription, explaining the many options, and asked me several times about my preferences. I've literally never had a doctor ask me about what type of medication I would like - they always assume. Dr Kremberg isn't scared to prescribe meds, but he's not a drug-pusher either. He checked my story thoroughly before giving me the mildest drug available, and making sure I was booked in for another appointment to check it was working. If you're looking for a 'talk therapist', this is not your guy. Seriously, he's not there to make you feel good about yourself. If you want a no-fuss, smart, careful, no-BS doctor, then consider booking with Dr Kremberg. I'd done my research and was informed about my treatment options, so he was the perfect doctor for me.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

The office staff is terrible. They've screwed up my medications - specifically where to send them - so many times I feel as if I need another doctor just for dealing with this one. It's gotten worse since the non-paper precscription law came into effect. Last month they sent scrip to the wrong place then made it seem as if I was going to different places for unauthorized medications.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Should not practice medicine. Very cold and unfeeling. Only cares about his extensive toy collection. Find another doctor if you want to be helped.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

DO NOT VISIT THIS DOCTOR. HIS OFFICE DOES NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONE AND ONLY PERIODICALLY CHECKS THEIR VOICEMAIL. THE ONLY WAY TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT IS WHEN YOU VISIT THE OFFICE BUT IF YOU NEED TO MAKE ANY CHANGES OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, GOOD LUCK. it feels like you are visiting a doctor from the 18th century (with the exception of being on video surveillance for your entire visit)

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Very unhelpful. Prescribed meds that were new therefore cost a lot of money, and I was a self payer too!!!! When I ran out of medication and was broke, he refused to see me or at least renew prescriptions without an expensive office visit which lasted all of 5 mins and consisted of him simply writing a new scrip. I should've sued the guy, as he cause me to have to cold turkey off of some very powerful meds. However it was the best thing that ever happened to me, as today I live med free and I'm fine.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

The staff within this office are so rude and unprofessional, I find it outstanding the office is still open. I was overcharged for my appointment, 6 months ago and still am waiting for the issue to be resolved. I have emailed the proper documentation several different times and have called the office at least 15 times. Dr K, is quick to give out the prescriptions. During my first appointment, I was in and out in 15 minutes with a RX on hand. This made me a little uncomfortable, but may be good for other patients.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Great experience being that I had a previous diagnosis and medication regimen that was working for me. Dr. K. confirmed previous diagnosis and provided new insight to my condition. He made good suggestions and did not try to add or switch medication/s unless I needed it. Dr. K. is exactly the psychiatrist I was looking for; however, I can understand other reviews that recommend seeing a different doc for psychotherapy and/or "talk therapy". The phone and doorbell rang quite a bit which was somewhat distracting, but for brief medication reviews Dr. K. is great and very knowledgeable! Dr. K.'s staff was also very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

Appointments are very brief. Half the time he was on the telephone speaking about his own personal matters. Prescribes very excessive and expensive medications. very detached. He has a TV screen in his office to view waiting room. Strongly do not recommend. Two visits for me was two too many.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

Visiting Dr. Kremberg with my son was a terrible experience. Kremberg was rude to my son and told him he would have more friends if he would stop being annoying. After 15 minutes for what was supposed to be a child assessment, Kremberg said we were done and showed me the door.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2008

I was in and out of the good doctor's office in 35 min. That was long enough for him to gloss over my whole psychiatric and medical history, including family medical history. On the basis of such deep knowledge of me and my problem I was supplied with four scripts and sent off on my merry way. I must say that that sort of experience with a psychiatrist--sadly, this is not a unique experience in my case--makes me wonder whether some of them are not just certified by the medical profession drug dealers. I would like to know how much Dr. Kremberg gets from the drug company whose product he pushed into my hands even before he could pronounce my name correctly let alone have any real knowledge of whetrher I needed medication or not. In brief, I needed help and I got a bunch of pills. I suspect they are not the answer to my problems and do not plan to take them.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Dr. Marvin Roy Kremberg's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1976)

Harvard-Pilgrim