Ratings for Dr. Feng Chong

Dr, Chong treated me horribly! My initial consultation was ok but a bit rushed, I wanted a brachioplasty and breast lift with augmentation done. I explained to him although I'm a smaller to medium frame, my arms have always been large, loose skin and flabby and it came to the point where I could not buy normal long sleeve blouses. He agreed the surgery would help but advised me against smoking. I had told him because of my seriousness with wanting to get the surgery done I was already on my way to quitting( pack a day to vapor on 3 mg's). He then raised his voice, and said I have to take this seriously!! Like who spends over 20 000$ to not take it seriously ! He wrote in big fat black writing on my lab req. " no smoking". Ok was I stupid to go back? Maybe, but after talking to a few people they said he's probably a great surgeon who has no bedside manner. So I went back for my sizing. At this time I haven't smoked at all! And let me tell you, after smoking 30 years. Yes I was damm serious about this surgery and quite proud of myself. So his first words to me were not hi, how are you? Rather" you better not be smoking". I said I haven't smoked In 2 months. He then raised his voice again, and said I mean it!! Of course by this time, the clinic has already rec'd 1/2 my money, and surgery date was set. He put all the sizing implants on the table, said pick a size, and walked out. Then came back and asked what size I wanted( I talked to another lady who had same procedure, and she was shocked he didn't help me with the picking of the size, and walking me through it). So he wrote down the size, and dismissed me. Next appt was my surgery. I woke up to all my markings left on my body(which was from my chest up to my neck) and was sent home like that. When my husband walked me through my back door, my mom almost passed out as she thought the black felt going up my neck was blood!!! Husband tried to wash it off but was very painful, so we waited till next day. Went into see Dr, and he said hi how are you, I said I was in alot of pain ( remember I had my arms done too, which didn't help the matter of me scrubbing the ink off my body... You would think he would of helped with this). he said to me " you don't look like your in a lot of pain????? What the **** I was so confused by him? I'm drugged up, looked like I've been hit by a truck, feeling awful, and this is how the doc treats you. He then started accusing me of smoking again, and was very very loud! I remember saying. Your kidding me right? Then started rambling on about not having faith in my surgeon?? Blah blah blah. My husband was in the waiting room, he was just about ready to come in as he wasn't sure who the dr was yelling at. The doc took a VERY quick look at me, while yelling, then sent me on my way. Told me to check in after 8 weeks. ( wow) shocking after a 3 hour surgery, he wouldn't want another check up. Anyways I started going to my GP for follow ups. I told my GP, that my surgeon treated me horrible, and he recommended I let the board know. I still might. I had a few infections along the way which my GP took care of then went to my 8 week appt. I asked my husband to come in the room with me as I was uncomfortable with Chongs attitude. Again the first thing Chong said was. Who's smoking? Lolol!! Wow, mt husband said don't even start. She quit, I smoke, but don't around her, and it was the hardest thing she ever had to do. Ok so I'll wrap this up.. At my appt while he sat there and watched me get undressed instead of asking me to put on a gown, he said everything is fine, he didn't even look at the incisions on my arm as they were still covered in tape. ( I was expecting him to look). he sat in his chair just glanced at my breast, and said see you in the fall. What kind of doctor doesn't give you a more thorough exam? He really upset me, took my money, and left me feeling disappointed! I've had told many people about him who are considering him, and they are now going to see my NEW plastic surgeon ( I requested a appt for a more professional follow up). not impressed what so ever, he is very fortunate he had his assistant Michelle to keep the stirred waters some what calm.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Breast augmentation on March 10th 2016, 42 days post and I couldn't ask for a better result. Usually I am my own worst critic, but they could not have turned out better. Michelle was great with the whole process, and Dr Chong and the anesthesiologist that day (I forget his name) both remained personable so I didn't feel nervous at all.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I'm very happy with Dr. Chong and his staff. I always felt that he was there for me and cared. I would happily recommend him to anybody, and would definitely go back to him. Consultation was thorough, and post op answered all my questions. After my surgery I called in and emailed a few times to make sure the healing process was going well and I always felt I was being properly looked after. Very satisfied :)

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Absolutely amazing surgeon with a skilled team and stellar personality!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I've had 3 visits (consultations ) With Dr. Chong. Love the guy. Very perfessional and kind. Very knowledgeable and he made me feel very comfortable. I will be having a anchor lift aswell as a augmentation performed by him this April . I'm so glad I found him. There is no one else I'd feel more comfortable performing my surgery.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

I had a breast augmentation done by Dr. Chong in 2012. He seemed very rushed through the initial consultation but seemed to be very well educated and confident he could help me. On the 4th day of recovery I felt something was not right in my right breast. I called right away and told his staff I needed to get in as soon as possible. I was booked in the next day but when I arrived he seemed very annoyed and gave me a lecture about going through the healing process. Told me he thought I was more "level headed" than that. He took maybe 5 minutes to talk to me before sending me on my way after I inconvenienced myself by driving over an hour, paid for parking, etc. I never went back to see him again as I was very unhappy with his horrible bedside manner just days after I had paid him $10000:/ it's been 3.5 years since then and to this day I have nerve damage and no feeling in my right breast. I would never go back.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

I had an initial consultation with this Doctor that I waited 4 months for. He assured me that he could "do something with the sagging skin under my eyes and sent me for an MRI to make sure that there was nothing else going on. My MRI took another 2 months and the results were sent to Dr. Chong. When I went back in to get the results and book my surgery he told me he did not do facial reconstruction and referred me to another Doctor. This was amazing after I waited 6 months and was told initially that he could perform the correction. Not impressed at all. He appeared rushed and unapologetic.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I received a full Tummy Tuck operation from Dr. Feng Chong on October 1st, 2015. He was the fourth Surgeon I had a consultation from. I had such a good feeling from him and his staff right from the get go and was certain I wanted him to perform the operation on me. I couldn't have been more right. Both he and his staff were extremely professional and helpful. They were there to answer any questions I had and were extremely supportive. They made such a nervous experience into an amazing one. I felt so safe to be in their hands, I can tell Dr. Chong is such an expert and is a perfectionist. He truly has a passion for what he does. The most important thing with a plastic surgeon are the results. I am currently 3 months post op and I couldn't be happier with my results! They are absolutely amazing! At the end of the day, the results are what matters and in my experience I would return to Dr. Feng Dong in a heartbeat, no question. If you are looking for the best results then look no further. I couldn't recommend Dr. Chong enough. If you are nervous, you will be in excellent hands with Dr. Chong in his staff. I have read that some people felt Dr. Chong wasn't personable. I felt this was a wrong interpretation. He and his staff were thorough with me, made me felt very safe and was there for any questions or uncertainties I had. Some people may have thought this because he can be busy. However, he is busy because he is in high in demand, a plus in my books. All in all, I got amazing results, I felt safe, both him and his staff were there for any questions. It was an amazing experience. 10/10 Thank you Dr. Chong

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Dr. Feng Chong's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr, Chong treated me horribly! My initial consultation was ok but a bit rushed, I wanted a brachioplasty and breast lift with augmentation done. I explained t..."

April 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Breast augmentation on March 10th 2016, 42 days post and I couldn't ask for a better result. Usually I am my own worst critic, but they could not have turn..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm very happy with Dr. Chong and his staff. I always felt that he was there for me and cared. I would happily recommend him to anybody, and would definitely go..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've had a great experience with Dr. Chong and his staff. Answered my questions.. no rushing.. I'm really looking forward to my surgery coming up."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely amazing surgeon with a skilled team and stellar personality! "

February 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've had 3 visits (consultations ) With Dr. Chong. Love the guy. Very perfessional and kind. Very knowledgeable and he made me feel very comfortable. I will b..."

February 13, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a breast augmentation done by Dr. Chong in 2012. He seemed very rushed through the initial consultation but seemed to be very well educated and confident..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing surgeon! He truly cares about his patients and is very skilled! I definitely recommend him to anyone thinking of getting cosmetic surgery."

January 24, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had an initial consultation with this Doctor that I waited 4 months for. He assured me that he could "do something with the sagging skin under my eyes and sen..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I received a full Tummy Tuck operation from Dr. Feng Chong on October 1st, 2015. He was the fourth Surgeon I had a consultation from. I had such a good feeling ..."

December 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very impressed with everything here. The staff are very polite and friendly and they answered all my questions. Dr. Feng Chong was very punctual, the wait..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "4 days post op and feeling fabulous (breast augmentation). Never had an issue with Dr. Chong and found him and his staff very professional and friendly. So happ..."

December 22, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a breast lift and augmentation with Dr. Chong. He does come off a bit rushed during the initial appointment but otherwise has been excellent. I could care..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Awful experience. Awful Dr. Never answered my questions. Had complications post open. Go to someone else to spend your money"

November 13, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a consult with Dr Chong May 12/15 for a BA, TT . After waiting 45 min in a tiny crowded waiting room, I was rushed through a very cold consult. Dr Chong w..."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As a physician myself I found Dr Chong to be highly professional, knowledgable and amiable. He is honest and will do what is best for you. Some patients do not..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Even though I read some bad comments about this doctor personality, I decided to give it a try, so after over 3 months of waiting I got to see him for a consult..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Chong is absolutely amazing! I felt completely at ease going into surgery as he is very knowledgeable and has amazing bedside manners! I am 4 days post op an..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I just had my surgery with Doctor Feng Chong yesterday, he was very polite and answered all of my questions, he's a very knowledgable man. All of his staff were..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Chong a few years ago and I do find him nice but I also brought pictures with me of what I wanted. He did nothing like the pictures at all. Way sm..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "First off I find dr chong to be quite rude. Didn't answer my questions or provide knowledgeable advice. He was late & seemed annoyed with me asking questions- l..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "First of all I don't understand how anyone could have anything negative to say about dr chong or his staff. I recently had breast augmentation done by mr chong..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "While booking the staff was extremely rude, and ignored all my questions VIA their Facebook. Took them 4 weeks to even get back to me. When they did it was a ha..."

June 3, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://PlasticSurgeryAlberta.ca" to "http://www.plasticsurgeryalberta.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5N 3W6". Address has been updated from "None" to "10240 124 Street Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804533223".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It has been exactly one year since my surgery and I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Chong. He is very confident and professional. I could not ..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "staff was terrible and very rude not very helpful give me t3's after telling them they didn't work didn't know when my post office turn the phone them the morni..."

March 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "found Dr Chong easy to talk to... he is a very busy man, but took the time to answer any questions I had... I was able to get in very quickly for my procedure(B..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Horrible. For someone who has a 6month waiting list, he's not worth the wait. I had to call his office to see if they have any cancellations, when the front des..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely DO NOT go to the narcissist Feng Chong, he is not worthy of the title "Doctor". He has no bedside manner, he lacks compassion and empathy which are ..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am six months postop from full abominoplasty with lateral liposuction. Very happy. The thing is, if you go in to the appts smart and ready, you will be thril..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "3 months post op from a lift and implants. He is a boob magician. Love my results! I felt like I was in good hands the whole time. Can't be more pleased!"

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm 6 months post op and LOVE my results.. The healing was quick, and my scars are barely noticeable. Highly recommend"

September 3, 2014