I had a breast augmentation done by Dr. Chong in 2012. He seemed very rushed through the initial consultation but seemed to be very well educated and confident he could help me. On the 4th day of recovery I felt something was not right in my right breast. I called right away and told his staff I needed to get in as soon as possible. I was booked in the next day but when I arrived he seemed very annoyed and gave me a lecture about going through the healing process. Told me he thought I was more "level headed" than that. He took maybe 5 minutes to talk to me before sending me on my way after I inconvenienced myself by driving over an hour, paid for parking, etc. I never went back to see him again as I was very unhappy with his horrible bedside manner just days after I had paid him $10000:/ it's been 3.5 years since then and to this day I have nerve damage and no feeling in my right breast. I would never go back.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

I had an initial consultation with this Doctor that I waited 4 months for. He assured me that he could "do something with the sagging skin under my eyes and sent me for an MRI to make sure that there was nothing else going on. My MRI took another 2 months and the results were sent to Dr. Chong. When I went back in to get the results and book my surgery he told me he did not do facial reconstruction and referred me to another Doctor. This was amazing after I waited 6 months and was told initially that he could perform the correction. Not impressed at all. He appeared rushed and unapologetic.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I received a full Tummy Tuck operation from Dr. Feng Chong on October 1st, 2015. He was the fourth Surgeon I had a consultation from. I had such a good feeling from him and his staff right from the get go and was certain I wanted him to perform the operation on me. I couldn't have been more right. Both he and his staff were extremely professional and helpful. They were there to answer any questions I had and were extremely supportive. They made such a nervous experience into an amazing one. I felt so safe to be in their hands, I can tell Dr. Chong is such an expert and is a perfectionist. He truly has a passion for what he does. The most important thing with a plastic surgeon are the results. I am currently 3 months post op and I couldn't be happier with my results! They are absolutely amazing! At the end of the day, the results are what matters and in my experience I would return to Dr. Feng Dong in a heartbeat, no question. If you are looking for the best results then look no further. I couldn't recommend Dr. Chong enough. If you are nervous, you will be in excellent hands with Dr. Chong in his staff. I have read that some people felt Dr. Chong wasn't personable. I felt this was a wrong interpretation. He and his staff were thorough with me, made me felt very safe and was there for any questions or uncertainties I had. Some people may have thought this because he can be busy. However, he is busy because he is in high in demand, a plus in my books. All in all, I got amazing results, I felt safe, both him and his staff were there for any questions. It was an amazing experience. 10/10 Thank you Dr. Chong

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

I was very impressed with everything here. The staff are very polite and friendly and they answered all my questions. Dr. Feng Chong was very punctual, the wait was very short, which is awesome. I was extremely impressed at how knowledgeable Dr. Feng Chong is he not only answered all my questions but was very polite and kind in doing so, I didn't feel like I was being rushed so he could get to the next client, I felt like he sincerely cared for each individual client. Between Dr. Feng Chong and his staff they were very helpful with everything, my surgery was done perfectly I couldn't ask for better results. Dr.Feng Chong is amazing at what he does.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

4 days post op and feeling fabulous (breast augmentation). Never had an issue with Dr. Chong and found him and his staff very professional and friendly. So happy with my results this far :)

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

I had a breast lift and augmentation with Dr. Chong. He does come off a bit rushed during the initial appointment but otherwise has been excellent. I could care less about a Dr's personality (his seemed great (BTW) as long as they are talented and knowledgeable. He is one of the busiest surgeons in Western Canada, and for good reason. His office staff and the staff at the Alberta Surgical Center were awesome!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

I had a consult with Dr Chong May 12/15 for a BA, TT . After waiting 45 min in a tiny crowded waiting room, I was rushed through a very cold consult. Dr Chong was impatient (as if I was an inconvenience) and didn't want any questions. He insisted I need a BL (even though my extensive research said I didn't) and refused to just do the BA. He said I also needed Flank Lipo which was fine, except the way he spoke to me made me feel lousy about myself. Neither my husband nor myself liked him at all. I'm sure he is a skilled surgeon but I was totally uncomfortable with him throughout the 15 minute consult. Two weeks later I had a consult with Dr Jonathan Toy and booked surgery the same day. See my review for Dr Toy surgery Sept 16/15.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

As a physician myself I found Dr Chong to be highly professional, knowledgable and amiable. He is honest and will do what is best for you. Some patients do not understand that you cannot always go as big as you fantasize with breast implants if your body frame and tissue will not support it. In the long term the quack who will just do whatever you want without offering sage advice will leave you in a much worse situation. Staff are brilliant, surgery went well, I am Writing this the evening of my surgery earlier today; speaks volumes of the skill of the surgical team and post op medications. Immediately post op in recovery I had a pain level of about 3 to 4/10 before the medications kicked in, now at about 9 hours post op I have no pain just a feeling of chest tightness (to be expected with submuscular breast implants!!) no nausea and just a dull ache (like when you have worked out in the gym on the bench presses too hard! Great surgeon, fantastic team. P.s. I gain nothing professionally from this my line of work is an antithesis to plastics!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr. Feng Chong's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a breast augmentation done by Dr. Chong in 2012. He seemed very rushed through the initial consultation but seemed to be very well educated and confident..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing surgeon! He truly cares about his patients and is very skilled! I definitely recommend him to anyone thinking of getting cosmetic surgery."

January 24, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had an initial consultation with this Doctor that I waited 4 months for. He assured me that he could "do something with the sagging skin under my eyes and sen..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I received a full Tummy Tuck operation from Dr. Feng Chong on October 1st, 2015. He was the fourth Surgeon I had a consultation from. I had such a good feeling ..."

December 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very impressed with everything here. The staff are very polite and friendly and they answered all my questions. Dr. Feng Chong was very punctual, the wait..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "4 days post op and feeling fabulous (breast augmentation). Never had an issue with Dr. Chong and found him and his staff very professional and friendly. So happ..."

December 22, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a breast lift and augmentation with Dr. Chong. He does come off a bit rushed during the initial appointment but otherwise has been excellent. I could care..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Awful experience. Awful Dr. Never answered my questions. Had complications post open. Go to someone else to spend your money"

November 13, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a consult with Dr Chong May 12/15 for a BA, TT . After waiting 45 min in a tiny crowded waiting room, I was rushed through a very cold consult. Dr Chong w..."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As a physician myself I found Dr Chong to be highly professional, knowledgable and amiable. He is honest and will do what is best for you. Some patients do not..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Even though I read some bad comments about this doctor personality, I decided to give it a try, so after over 3 months of waiting I got to see him for a consult..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Chong is absolutely amazing! I felt completely at ease going into surgery as he is very knowledgeable and has amazing bedside manners! I am 4 days post op an..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I just had my surgery with Doctor Feng Chong yesterday, he was very polite and answered all of my questions, he's a very knowledgable man. All of his staff were..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Chong a few years ago and I do find him nice but I also brought pictures with me of what I wanted. He did nothing like the pictures at all. Way sm..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "First off I find dr chong to be quite rude. Didn't answer my questions or provide knowledgeable advice. He was late & seemed annoyed with me asking questions- l..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "First of all I don't understand how anyone could have anything negative to say about dr chong or his staff. I recently had breast augmentation done by mr chong..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "While booking the staff was extremely rude, and ignored all my questions VIA their Facebook. Took them 4 weeks to even get back to me. When they did it was a ha..."

June 3, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://PlasticSurgeryAlberta.ca" to "http://www.plasticsurgeryalberta.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5N 3W6". Address has been updated from "None" to "10240 124 Street Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804533223".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It has been exactly one year since my surgery and I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Chong. He is very confident and professional. I could not ..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "staff was terrible and very rude not very helpful give me t3's after telling them they didn't work didn't know when my post office turn the phone them the morni..."

March 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "found Dr Chong easy to talk to... he is a very busy man, but took the time to answer any questions I had... I was able to get in very quickly for my procedure(B..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Horrible. For someone who has a 6month waiting list, he's not worth the wait. I had to call his office to see if they have any cancellations, when the front des..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely DO NOT go to the narcissist Feng Chong, he is not worthy of the title "Doctor". He has no bedside manner, he lacks compassion and empathy which are ..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am six months postop from full abominoplasty with lateral liposuction. Very happy. The thing is, if you go in to the appts smart and ready, you will be thril..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "3 months post op from a lift and implants. He is a boob magician. Love my results! I felt like I was in good hands the whole time. Can't be more pleased!"

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm 6 months post op and LOVE my results.. The healing was quick, and my scars are barely noticeable. Highly recommend"

September 3, 2014