Ratings for Dr. John Andrew Colgan

This doctor requires a second opinion. He took advantage of us financially and they require payment before surgery? Overpriced . We did not compete surgery return 10% of depost!!!!

Submitted September 3, 2016

Extremely knowledgable and proficoent..........He, tryly is NOT overpriced, as he a true professional.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

GET A SECOND OPINIKN WHEN DEALING WITH DR. COLGAN! Although he is a good dentist, he is way overpriced. I had a root canal performed on a tooth and it failed causing destruction of my bone. My dentist recommended that I get the tooth removed and referred me to Dr Colgan. He extracted the tooth and did a bone graft as well. This ended up costing $1000-1500. I had planned on getting an implant from him also since I do feel that he is a very skilled dentist but I was told that, just to do the work below the gum line the cost was going to be $6500! Then I would need to go back to my regular dentist to have the crown made (probably another $2000-3000). I looked around and found an excellent dentist who is doing it for way less than half Dr. Colgan's price. I wouldn't recommend this dentist to anyone I'm sorry. He is way too greedy.

Submitted May 26, 2015

Awesome experience! Dr. Colgan and his staff are great.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Just finished dental implant with Dr. Colgan Start to finish there were no problems .everything was handled in a professional manner also thought his staff was great. Hope not to need another implant but would see Dr. Colgan again if necessary.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

My son had his wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Colgan last week. He was very frightened, but Dr. Colgan put him (and me) at ease and things went just as smoothly as he explained they would. His whole office staff, from Alexis explaining our complicated insurance, to his surgical assistants were so nice and we could tell they cared about us. We knew that we were in the right place. I highly recommend Dr. Colgan!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

I've had dental implants done by two other doctors before I went to Dr Colgan, and in my experience Dr Colgan was the best. He took the time to clearly explain my procedures, did a great job, and was very good with follow up.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

I met with Dr. Colgan after an exam and xrays showed I had an impacted wisdom tooth and a cyst which had destroyed some of my jaw. I was told an outrageous cost (initially $22,000 and then reduced to $14,000) which covered exactly what I don't know since I was not given a breakdown of costs. Not having dental insurance but having oral surgery under my health insurance, I sought a second opinion. I found a very competent, caring, affordable practice in Melbourne and Suntree area where a total breakdown of costs and procedures was well defined. I was quickly reimbursed by Dr. Colgan's office of expenses I paid that were later covered. Needing an implant as well, I had that done by the same practice in Melbourne and Suntree. I will need my next phase done in 3 to 4 months. That means a crown or cap which I will have done by my regular dentist. By all means get second opinions when you are talking this kind of money. I believe Dr. Cogan's fees are unaffordable by many.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

I've just completed two implants and could not be more pleases. Dr. Colgan took the time to explain the process before and after the surgery. The cost was not much more than a root canal and crown. The staff was pleasant to deal with and very professional. I was especially impressed with his use of advanced technical equipment. My insurance did not cover much of the cost so I had a large co-pay which is required before the surgery. I can understand this policy because unlike a set of tires, the surgery cannot be repossessed. I would recommend Dr. Colgan with complete confidence to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Dr.Colgan and staff made me feel at home. He explained the procedure before any work was done. Dr. Colgan did an awesome job!!!! I will refer him to anyone that crosses my path.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Dr. John Andrew Colgan's Credentials

• Univ Of Maryland, Baltimore Col Of Dental Surgery (Grad. 1995)

Avmed