Dr. G. Tatra

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. G. Tatra

Dr Tatra and his team is one of the best that there is. If your reading this do your self FAVOR and go see the best dentist team on Vancouver Island. Professional race driver. SRC

flag | Submitted January 11, 2019

My wife and 2 children have been seeing Dr. Tatra for a few years now. My children have only ever seen Dr. Tatra. He and his team have always been friendly and go out of their way to ensure my children are looked after. They have been going to see the team since they have been 2 years old. "Sunny" jokes with them and gives them a feeling of "ease" when getting cleaning and examinations done. #1 in my books

flag | Submitted January 9, 2019

Terrible doctor messed up my root canal, and to have a second dentist repair it, on top of that he over charged me

Submitted January 2, 2019

Dr. G. Tatra

Dr. G. Tatra's response
Happy New Year, and we hope your Christmas was a good one with family and friends and most importantly pain free. It is unfortunate you leave this review as your root canal was completed by a root canal specialist just over two years ago, and not our office. At the time, I did advise it was a tough root canal due to calcification and advised extraction then. However, you expressed you preferred not to lose the tooth so we referred you to the endodontist. We had not seen you for follow up until Dec 2018. This was after you were advised by another dentist to extract the tooth as the root canal was failing, and who referred you to an oral surgeon who could not see you till Jan 2019. When you contacted us we re-arranged our schedule to accommodate you on 20 December 2018 before we closed for Christmas as you were in pain, and extracted the tooth for you after reviewing the tooth was root canaled by the specialist and reviewing the chart notes. I stressed I had recommended extraction initially after looking at the likelihood of the root canal failing even in the hands of the specialist, as per the chart notes. We are sorry your treatment was not a success even in the hands of the specialist, who does charge more than a general dentist. We charge the fee guide set for general dentist by the BCDA and not a penny more. I really do not know what more we could have done for you as the root canal that failed was completed by the specialist. We wish you every success with all your future dental endeavours! Best regards and wishes to a much better and happier 2019!

Submitted January 3, 2019

i cant express ever how amazing Dr Tatar is! i wud not even consider going to any other dentist. i just cant say enough how amazing my experience with this whole office is....kind caring fun ....life changing actually... see you soon Dr Tatar and staff

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

I love Sunny Tatra and all his staff. Though I have had to wait a couple of times for my appointment it's because he took someone with an emergency - and since I have had one emergency visit for which he postponed appointments for others I have no problem waiting. Ever. He has all the mod cons and is a very genuine person.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Dr Tatra is amazing!!! He goes above and beyond for his patients.... the whole staff is amazing as well.... I recommend everyone and my family to go see Dr Tatra. And thank you Dr Tatra for helping me taking care of my teeth for me... hehe #1 in my books

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

Dr Tatra is an exceptional dentist who was able to fit me into his very busy schedule for an emergency dental procedure. I was in an extreme amount of pain but his professional expertise quickly relieved my pain and reduce my anxiety. His office staff is very kind and understanding. I have travelled back from Alberta in orde to complete the work Dr Tatra initiated. I would highly recommend Dr Tatra.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

I recently received my bottom partial plate. Dr. Tatra had the time and patience to ensure it fit perfectly and it does. I have heard a lot of horror stories about partials and dentures not fitting, mine fit perfectly... i love the renewed confidence in my smile... Joel...

flag | Submitted August 4, 2018

You need to have a star rating for ‘caring.’ Dr. Tatra has worked hard to help my father retain as many teeth as possible, calls after hours to check on my father and authentically cares about his clients. My father who doesn’t generally prefer any one person over another, actually made me seek out Dr. Tatra when he moved from his last location. I was very impressed that my father did this as he’s a very quiet, easy going man who is general likes everybody - but he insisted, twice and -really- likes Dr. Tatra. I like that he saved as many of my father’s teeth as possible and reaches out consistently to make sure my dad is okay. Bless your heart, Dr. Tatra - you’re the best, and we -really- appreciate it!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

I have been a client of Dr.Tatra for at least 10 yrs. first at the Bay Center and presently at his new practice. I must say that everyone from front reception to dental hygienists and Dr.Tatra himself are an exceptional group of professionals. They do everything to make your experience as comfortable as possible.The atmosphere is Spa like and almost makes you forget why you're there.This is a bright state of the art business.I would recommend Dr.Tatra and his team to anyone that feels apprehensive about seeing a Dentist.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

Dr. G. Tatra's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

With 12 years of practice in family dentistry, Dr. Tatra is proud to have a reputation for helping children and adults feel comfortable at the dental clinic. Dr. Tatra gained his Doctor in Dental Medicine (DMD) degree in UBC, and also has a BSc. and MSc. in Plant Molecular Physiology. From a family of doctors, Dr. Tatra started his career as a medic and a health administrator. Dr. Tatra now sponsors two teaching clinics at the UBC Faculty of Dentistry. He’s honoured to help young dentists in their training to serve British Columbians.

• English
  • Punjabi language

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 2003)

• Dental exam for children