Ratings for Dr. G. Tatra

At the age of 60, I have seen numerous very good dentists. I've been fortunate. Dr. Tatra is the best dentist whom I have ever received dental care from. Remarkable.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. G.S. Tatra has made going to the dentist like visiting good friends. The front staff are wonderful and friendly and the hygienists are professional and warm. My wife and I are long time patients and we have consistently recommended the practice to everyone we know. My recent crown replacement was another example of his great work.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I have been going to Dr tatras office for some years know .very satisfied with the care and patience the whole staff has .thank you Robert Millette

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Tatra and his team are awesome! Very professional and gives honest advice. Just had a root canal, he made sure everything was done done professionally and I was comfortable through the procedure. Dr. Tatra cares about his patients as he calls them to see how they are doing after appointments!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Exceptional professionalism. Dr Tatra's office is well organized, efficient, competent, and patient centred. My husband, son, and recently myself have received care from him, and, consistently, it has been excellent. He presents options, noting costs (short term and long term), to consider, and is honest. He is conservative and cautious. we are new to Victoria, after having one of the top dentists in the country in Ontario, so I am thrilled and relieved to have found a great dentist in Victoria.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Tatra and his staff are all absolutely amazing, everyone always takes extra time to make sure I feel comfortable and welcome. I wish more dental clinics work this way. Tahnk You

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

All my life I've had severe anxiety over going to the dentist, but Sunny and his staff have a way of easing my nerves. He constantly checks in during the procedure to make sure I'm not in any pain, even 4 hours after I've seen him, Sunny calls me to check in again and see how my pain is. He's an outstanding dentist. I would highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Tatra for a year and half now. I'm never disappointed by the outcome after wards. He listens to what my needs are and if I'm close to going over my insurance we create a plan that works best for me so I don't end up having to pay much out of pocket. He's such a great and helpful dentist. He even has his personal number on his cards so you're able to reach him at all times of the day. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I am from vancouver and new to victoria . My friend has recommended me to see her dentist Dr. Tatra, and I am glad she did . I find him professional and taking his time to listen to my concerned . I would not hesitate to recommend him to any one I know. His receptionist Aileen is very helpful in finding appointment time even for an emergency . I have had my teeth cleaned by Heather and Rachell and they were both amazing . I find Dr Tatra very personable & professional as he took the time to explain everything and gave me options for short term and long term treatment. He even called me the evening to see how I was recovering . 👌 Thank you Dr. Tantra and the staffs , Michelle Nguyen :-)

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Worst dentist I've ever had, he seems nice at first but later on is extreamly rude. Once I went in just for a cleaning and he said that if I didn't get my cavity filled that day then I would have to find a new doctor, I had work so I couldn't and he didn't understand so I left. Would not reccomend him to anyone! He doesn't care about his patients only about making money.

Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. G. Tatra

Dr. G. Tatra's response
All reviews and feedback are warmly welcomed as it helps us to improve on the patient experience, so we are concerned by your review. We abide by the "Code of Ethics" and the "Fostering the Dentist Patient Relationship" guidelines as set out by the CDSBC. We always offer a multitude of treatment options and time lines, as appropriate for the clinical situation as the end result we want to see is a good outcome from a health, dental standpoint and overall patient care. Due to the anonymous nature of such posts, we urge you to reach out to our staff so we can get a better knowledge of the situation. This will allow us to improve your experience, correct any misunderstandings, and allow growth for ourselves as care providers and how we interact with our clients. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. G. Tatra's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

With 12 years of practice in family dentistry, Dr. Tatra is proud to have a reputation for helping children and adults feel comfortable at the dental clinic. Dr. Tatra gained his Doctor in Dental Medicine (DMD) degree in UBC, and also has a BSc. and MSc. in Plant Molecular Physiology. From a family of doctors, Dr. Tatra started his career as a medic and a health administrator. Dr. Tatra now sponsors two teaching clinics at the UBC Faculty of Dentistry. He’s honoured to help young dentists in their training to serve British Columbians.

• English
  • Punjabi language

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 2003)

• Dental exam for children