Dr. G. Tatra

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. G. Tatra

I was very satisfied with the care given to my fam.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

well where do i start? my experience as a patient of Dr.Tatra has been a good one and by a good one i mean a good one for my mental health and i have nothing but good things to say about him and his practice. He first started to treat me when i was on Disability and made dealing with my coverage pain free which was a big deal to me, but it doesn't stop there. he has been treating me for about 5 years and trough that time i have got to know his staff who are excellent and himself and the way he does things. He up with the times and all the new tech not the least of which is an anti freezing agent for after he has done his work taking into account the comfort of his clients and in short in my opinion goes above and beyond to make sure you have a low impact experience i can be a nervous patient but the chairs are comfortable and he has repeatedly set me at easy as i never show up that way. i have recommended him to my twin brother mother and younger brother and they have thanked me for it my hope is that this stears you in the right direction thanks for reading.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Hello, my name is Ravi MacLean-Charles 13 years of age and I am writing about my experience in the hands of Dr.Tatra. After having a rather horrible denstist experience I was brought to Dr.Tatra, at that point I was still scared and was getting some new fillings, after getting my fillings nothing felt different I had felt the exact same as when I had gone in other then the scared feeling before hand but other then that I was happy, not happy about fillings, but happy that my mom had found a good dentist for me. After 2 amazing years with Dr.Tatra I have never been happier about going to the dentist and never been happier about knowing that I will come out feeling the exact same way as I was before.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

I have never felt compelled to post a review for services yet , until I met Dr.Tatra. I have had a series of unfortunate experiences with various dentists throughout my life which have left me with sceptical trepidation to find a dentist that I actually enjoy visiting. Upon first entering his office I was impressed by the comforting surroundings warm friendly yet very professional reception staff. I was equally impressed that Dr.Tatra himself greeted me in the wait area introducing himself and lead me to the examination area. I carefully explained that I was probably would be a difficult and annoying patient . He seemed unphased by my anxious rant of previous negative experiences and assured me that I would be fine. I love the extras available in his office such as massaging chairs with heat. The office is impeccably cleaning tidy and staff are just nice friendly professionals who all seem to complete a perfect team together . I cannot say enough about how happy I am to finally find the Worlds Best Dentist. If you are looking for someone who is highly skilled, experienced , kind hearted and someone who truly cares about you , Dr.Tatra is your Denist!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2018

After the bad experience I got from Dr. Loumbardias with my bridge, I came to Dr. Tatra for check up and I was so happy with his experience, he's so friendly and helpfulness. The problem I got with my bridge is out of his experience that's why he sent me to the specialist instead trying to causes me more problem to get money, he's very nice I appreciate his knowledge!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

This is the second time in about four years that I've visited with Dr. Tatra, and my first experience with him was very encouraging. I was having some serious tooth aches and he gave good guidance as to how to approach the problem seeing that I did not have a dental plan. His suggestions were very helpful and not pushy. I ended up going for an extraction on one of the teeth. I have a very fast metabolism and my last visit with a dentist in the Oakbay district was extremely painful and because of that situation, he took this into account before the procedure and made certain that I as kept comfortable during and after the procedure. That evening he even called me to make sure I was ok. A very kind man. This past week I went to visit Dr. Tatra's office again, and they continue to maintain a level of professionalism and friendly atmosphere in their office. I don't often give reviews but I have not had very good experiences at dentist offices in the past, but the atmosphere in Dr. Tatra's is one that he very much cares for his patients well being. He has state of the art equipment and is able to get a very clear picture of the condition of one's teeth with his, I believe it is called an infrared machine.. or something like that. With this machine he was able to give me a complete over view of the condition of my ivories and what needed to take to be done in order to get things to where they should be. Dr. Tatra makes every effort to be punctual with all his appointments. But understand, sometimes there are unforeseen things that happen, emergencies which he attends to. But also know that he will do his very best to accommodate you and you could be that person that needed attending to. Anyways, I just wanted to assure anyone that who is considering a visit to Dr. Tatra's office, that in my opinion, you can't go wrong with having him as a dentist. He and his staff will take good care of you.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Sunny constantly shows real concern for your health and well being. Goes that extra mile. The best.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Very accessible! I called him due to a concern while he was on vacation as I really wanted to touch base with him regarding a tooth we were watching that we suspected may need a root canal, and he actually called me back within 30 minutes of leaving him a voice mail. I figured I was out of luck as his phone went straight to voice mail, but he did call back. After talking for 10 minutes he re-assured me all would be fine and we will do a follow-up in a few days upon his return and called in a prescription while he was in Mexico for me just in case. He even thanked me for calling even though I had inconvenienced him on his family vacation. Very accessible and caring for those who are fortunate to have him as a dentist! very Highly recommended,

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

Wonderful experience. Short notice extraction, was completely painless. Excellent staff, nice office.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

I am very pleased with my experiences with Dr. Tatra, as well as his staff. The office is flawlessly clean, welcoming and high tech. I came to Dr. Tatra for a second opinion and was treated with utmost respect and professionalism. He was able to address my concern, without delay, and explained exactly what the problem was, and how he was going to fix it. He is very careful, and makes sure that you're comfortable during the procedure. Best of all, if something is going hurt, even slightly, he is completely transparent about it, and will let you know. The receptionist, Aileen, took the time to explain my insurance coverage, and helped me make the most out of the benefits I receive through my employer. It makes me very happy to have finally found a dentist that doesn't give me an anxiety attack to visit. Straight up

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Dr. G. Tatra's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

With 12 years of practice in family dentistry, Dr. Tatra is proud to have a reputation for helping children and adults feel comfortable at the dental clinic. Dr. Tatra gained his Doctor in Dental Medicine (DMD) degree in UBC, and also has a BSc. and MSc. in Plant Molecular Physiology. From a family of doctors, Dr. Tatra started his career as a medic and a health administrator. Dr. Tatra now sponsors two teaching clinics at the UBC Faculty of Dentistry. He’s honoured to help young dentists in their training to serve British Columbians.

• English
  • Punjabi language

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 2003)

• Dental exam for children