Dr. G. Tatra

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. G. Tatra

I am very pleased with my experiences with Dr. Tatra, as well as his staff. The office is flawlessly clean, welcoming and high tech. I came to Dr. Tatra for a second opinion and was treated with utmost respect and professionalism. He was able to address my concern, without delay, and explained exactly what the problem was, and how he was going to fix it. He is very careful, and makes sure that you're comfortable during the procedure. Best of all, if something is going hurt, even slightly, he is completely transparent about it, and will let you know. The receptionist, Aileen, took the time to explain my insurance coverage, and helped me make the most out of the benefits I receive through my employer. It makes me very happy to have finally found a dentist that doesn't give me an anxiety attack to visit. Straight up

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

The negative comments below are clearly unjustified and epic misreporting. This person must have spoken to Dr. Tatra and discussed his/her concerns in a civilized way. Full disclosure: I have had put few outstanding remarks previously. Sometime back, there came a situation which was a total misunderstanding probably happened unintentionally. After few weeks, I realized the fact and went back to Dr. Tatra and respectfully discussed the facts as I knew. It was very tough situation but Dr. Tatra stood with the facts and corrected everything. Not only that but he also himself told me what further things were which I would have never ever known and on TOP of everything, he went ahead and told me to waive all the fees. Where can you find such a dentist, please DO TELL ME????? Very had to find, to say the least. I can say with Authority that no dentist could have the professional courage and integrity to do as Dr. Tatra did. This a real time scenario and since then Dr. Tatra's respect has been double folded in my heart. This Dr. works so hard and is so thorough professional that putting bad remarks that have no grounds reflect the unjust and unfair mindset of the person or some ulterior motives, nothing else. My very complex situation is the proof of Dr. Tatra's upright professionalism. This person would have a right to express his/her bad feelings/review if he/she had met and discussed their concerns/issues with Dr. Tatra and if Dr. Tatra had disappointed them then they would probably be right to express their factual experience but slandering unilaterally using abusive and ill-advised statements about a dr who is one of his Only kind is not Canadian but seems from some dark corners of the planet earth. I feel offended when he/she writes about the hygienist. I have absolutely opposite experience and with extreme sensitivity {that has altered my quality of life since last two and half years, before I found Dr. Tatra from Internet} has been cared very professionally with great care by Dr. Tatra's hygienist. His whole team is fabulous. Since I found Dr. Tatra through the internet and RateMD, I feel strongly that its my duty to tell the truth to public at large. If people had not put up the good remarks on Dr. Tatra, I would have never been able to find him when I needed a real professional and a dentist of highest integrity to save my teeth and that was the time that I literally had lost the trust in dentists. I had no means but the peoples remarks on internet and on RateMD that helped me to put my trust in Dr. Tatra and his fabulous team. Public space like internet is a sacred place of trust and must be used with utmost responsibility. Baseless, Irresponsible and ill-mannered comments should be purged, I urge to RateMD management so that public is not confused and swayed by such egregious misreporting. Thanks Dr. Tatra and your team for your unmatched integrity and professionalism.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Dr. Tatra and the staff have been fantastic. I was extremely impressed with the thoroughness of the work done and the technology that allows me to see exactly what the doctor is seeing. You come away from any appointment understanding what your teeth are doing, and any paths forward. The procedures performed are always well considered and the rationale is provided through the use of images. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

The staff are amazing and Dr. Tatra(sunny) has been my dentist for many many years...he always makes me laugh and does a great job.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I was worried I wouldn't find as good a dentist as I had in Vancouver, and my teeth are a huge priority for me. Sunny and his team exceeded all my expectations and provide even better care than I got on the mainland. His skill as a dentist has ensured that my teeth are always problem free and looking good. He personally checks them even when I'm just in for cleaning. Having the latest technology is a good thing, but when coupled with Sunny's skill it becomes a great thing. Thanks for keeping me smiling. Paul R

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Sunny and his team are amazing. Always friendly, helpful and super attentive. Aileen at the front desk is one of the nicest receptionists I've ever met! Highly recommend

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Sunny and his team are far and away the most caring, attentive, and professional group of dental professionals I've encountered. The guidance they provide regarding dental routine really impressed me. Compared to other dentists I've gone to, it apparent that Sunny and his team ACTUALLY care about my wellness. Sunny goes the extra mile, calling in to check on patients after certain proceedures. I cannot recommend them enough!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I cannot believe the few bad reviews on here. I am literally more happy with the entire place ever time I go. They are so gentle, understanding and I feel like I am listened to when I ask questions. I have tried 4 different dentists in Victoria in the last 2 years and I am so happy I found Dr Tatra and his office. I literally cannot believe that odd bad review on here. I guess you cannot please everyone... Save yourself the time and just try Dr. Tatra first. I promise you will not be disappointed!! Thank you Dr. Tatra and staff, you have made the dentist an enjoyable experience for me and after avoiding the dentist for years it is such a relief to know I am being taken care of!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

The guy sucks. he did a filling for me a month ago and i have been in pain ever since. I went back and he made some adjustments but still nothing. his hygienists are also very incompetent, you can notice that some of them are visibly nervous during procedures. He is also way to aggressive in the methods he used

Submitted July 29, 2017

Dr. G. Tatra

Dr. G. Tatra's response
We would like to request you to please come back to our clinic and we could review the Carivu images and colour images of the decay again. It is obvious that our discussion with the images seems to have been unclear. We are not at liberty to discuss the decisions around your treatment on a public forum. We utilize the latest technology for better diagnosis, record keeping, and patient education. Furthermore, we do not charge for the CariVu imaging or the intra-oral camera images. We also do not charge for the 20 minute CariVu appointment and discussion time. We use the BCDA guidelines when it comes to treatment. Contrary to your review, our patients love our hygienists and our team for the way that we care for them. We hope this allows you to appreciate that we maintain communication with our patients regardless of their reviews and wish to ensure that any concerns are addressed in an appropriate manner. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Submitted November 7, 2017

I walked into Dr. Tatra's office with an abscess, no appointment, they saw me right away. I went back a few weeks later , and Dr. Tatra extracted two teeth for me. It is now 10 hours later, and no pain. The whole procedure was very reassuring. I went into the appointment visibly shaking hoping no one would notice. I have not had a lot of luck with Dentists as far as pain levels. The pain level was so well managed, it was insignificant. Thank you, Dr. Tatra! Looking forward to my next visit!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. G. Tatra's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

With 12 years of practice in family dentistry, Dr. Tatra is proud to have a reputation for helping children and adults feel comfortable at the dental clinic. Dr. Tatra gained his Doctor in Dental Medicine (DMD) degree in UBC, and also has a BSc. and MSc. in Plant Molecular Physiology. From a family of doctors, Dr. Tatra started his career as a medic and a health administrator. Dr. Tatra now sponsors two teaching clinics at the UBC Faculty of Dentistry. He’s honoured to help young dentists in their training to serve British Columbians.

• English
  • Punjabi language

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 2003)

• Dental exam for children