Dr. G. Tatra

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. G. Tatra

Absolutely horrible dentist. Should be out of work for malpractice. I am waiting for someone to open a lawsuit on this crooked dentist. This review will be deleted within the day, just watch!!!

Submitted May 24, 2019

I just updated my Four Years fabulous experience with Dr Tatar and his Team. Somehow, inadvertently, knowledge was missed by Five stars, so l needed to re-post this correction. Look no where else, if you need a sincere and highly professional dentist in Victoria. All the best Sunny

flag | Submitted April 25, 2019

It’s my UPDATE after being treated by this FABULOUS doctor since FOUR years. I have every best word for his professionalism and superior dental work so is his Team. He greatly helped me to restore my devastated teeth more than six dental problems created by another dentist. He was kind and caring and l have every good wish for him and his success. Based on my 4 Years experience, l most sincerely recommend Dr. Tatar and his team to anyone looking for a trustworthy professional who cares to Canadian human civilized standards and behaviours.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2019

Excellent energy in the office - professional, caring, down to earth. Highly recommended - he did my wisdom teeth and all went smooth. No pain! Great experience.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2019

I am 11 years old. I was playing squash and I got hit in the mouth with the squash racket. So I went to Doctor Tatra I was scared I did't know if I would of had to get it removed so he tested it katey took a picture of it Doctor Tatra showed me what the damage was he said it should be fine but just in case he did a cold test everything was fine he explained everything clearly with details. I was so afraid of seeing him I am not afraid of the dentist anymore and I am glad I went. And I get to keep my teeth!!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2019

My experience at Dr Tatra’s office was like a breath of fresh air. The team was welcoming, informative and explained all necessary procedures thoroughly. I found Dr Tatra and his team genuinely supportive and caring. I’m looking forward to my next appointment (hygiene).

flag | Submitted March 14, 2019

I would highly recommend Dr. Tatra to anyone. Incredible facility, with all the newest in dental tech. (Heated and massaging dentist chairs) Talented and friendly staff. Close to a parkaid. Very little waiting around. Plus they even send text reminders! 👍

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

Amazing experience, I don’t usually like going to the dentist but going to Dr Tatra’s changed my previous experience going somewhere else. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

Great dentist - highly recommend using him and his staff. The guy knows his cars too ..

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

After explaining to his staff that I had anxiety about going to the dentist, but I had picked him because his website specifically says he specializes and cares about nervous patients, I had to wait an half hour in the reception room then an entire hour before he actually made an appearance to do the work. His dental assistant took some x rays then I waited in the chair for an hour. When he appeared all he did was talk about how difficult things were for him, that he had to get on the phone to straighten out some personal sale/credit? issue. He did not express any empathy for my situation., or care much that I had waited so long. Consequently he rushed through my check up. He missed determining which molar was giving me pain and why, so it was not fixed and currently is getting worse and needs attention. After doing a different tooth, which needed refilling, he than sanded the back of this tooth so that perfectly tight teeth now have a gap so big that I have to carry dental floss in my pocket everywhere. The gap is so big that large chunks of meat and strings of celery and apples etc get wedged down into my gums. I After treatment all the teeth in my mouth were more sensitive so I read my bill and saw that he had done an acid etch in two teeth. This supposedly was to make them less sensitive but it did in fact make them more so. I have no faith in this dentist and he seems only concerned with himself and hes image.

Submitted March 7, 2019

Dr. G. Tatra

Dr. G. Tatra's response
Thank you for your review, as all reviews are wonderful learning points we can reflect on and improve from. The scenario you speak of, however, does not sound familiar as to time management on our part. Furthermore, I am confused re your report that I would discuss my personal financial situation with someone who is a new patient of our clinic, in for the very first time with no pre-existing treatment plan. The term acid etch is referring to composite or white fillings which are bonded-in fillings, and acid etching is an important step to prepare the tooth for the binding process. Without acid etching the composite filling will not bond/stick to the tooth. Based on the specifics you report, none of our team even recognize any new or existing patient that had this scenario play out in our office. We can follow-up on any treatment you may need and help with your situation if you wish. Best regards.

Submitted March 11, 2019

Dr. G. Tatra's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

With 12 years of practice in family dentistry, Dr. Tatra is proud to have a reputation for helping children and adults feel comfortable at the dental clinic. Dr. Tatra gained his Doctor in Dental Medicine (DMD) degree in UBC, and also has a BSc. and MSc. in Plant Molecular Physiology. From a family of doctors, Dr. Tatra started his career as a medic and a health administrator. Dr. Tatra now sponsors two teaching clinics at the UBC Faculty of Dentistry. He’s honoured to help young dentists in their training to serve British Columbians.

• English
  • Punjabi language

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 2003)

• Dental exam for children