Ratings for Dr. John Tiller

when using his diagnosis of if you have depression: If you won tatslotto would you be a)happy b)depressed how do you accurately answer there is no c. He doesn't listen to you and how you are going. He spends most of his time with you on his Dictaphone. He changed his mind with out consultation and did ECT and now my concentration and memory is gone, Do NOT use this psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

He literally destroyed my life for two years trying different drugs on me. He misdiagnosed me because of the drugs effects. I only got better when I walked away from him & took control of my life back.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

If you are after a psychiatrist that will listen rather than simply dispense medication and use you as his experiment, then do not see this man. I have gone backwards since seeing him and have had less than sympathetic words from when I have been in a great deal of distress (other than the standard facade of previous visits). The first 5-10 minutes of every visit is spent solely on medications and taking notes on them rather than actual concern for welfare and his hellbent desire to persevere with medications despite them obviously not working is astounding. He does have very good attention to detail but sadly he has just not assessed his patient well (me) and sought to particularise solutions to the patient. Some of his comments have been unbelievably damaging to people who literally put their lives in his hands. He is a quality person but just not suited to everyone.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

All the negative comments here are voicing the same sentiments i want to share. If you are suffering from severe anxiety and depression and get reffered to him, please do NOT see him and ask for someone else. My wife was a patient and Albert Road mother baby unit, and I stayed with her throughout the whole ordeal and saw how he treated her with my own eyes. He is rude and exceptionally forceful. It seems the only way for him is to drug your patient to the point of almost if not fully incoherent. He put fear into my wife who was suffering badly. She wanted to leave after 1 day but he wouldn't have a bar of it. I thank my lucky stars I was there to also support and talk him into us leaving on the 3rd day which he obliged but made us feel so bad and ashamed by it that he gave her gp an ear full in front of us, saying she shouldn't be let out and that she is extremely ill and sick mentally. How can someone professing in mental health be so damaging with his actions towards people most in need... Happy to say that since leaving that place my wife has recovered from her illness successfully just by being an out patient at a local clinic and seeing an amazing physiologist and being in the comfort and support of family at home. Dr Tiller has opened my eyes as to what's out there let me assure you.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Rather narcissistic and can be a bully if he feels threatened

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Prof Tiller accepted me as a patient at Epworth Camberwell. He was part of the team who helped me recover after some terrible family situations. The meds he prescribed were excellent and although his manner is matter of fact I think I needed that and recovered well. If you are after a doctor who will hold your hand and pat it then Prof Tiller is not your dr but if you want someone with loads of knowledge, skill and dedication and the ability to help you then give him a go.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

I know that I'm one of the few of this opinion - but, Prof. Tiller saved my life. He is fantastic with medication reviews, and very methodical. His approach is just that - methodical, and very professional. He went above and beyond for me in a difficult situation, and was capable of empathy. I also had him administer E.C.T. when I was eighteen, and he was always very professional. He can be very blunt, however he is efficient and I am grateful to him. After 5 years of trying to get my medications right, Tiller did it in less than two weeks. He may not be warm and fuzzy, but he's professional and he was everything I needed and more. Also, I really like his receptionist.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Far too interested in himself to be able to treat patients Has limited range of skills Medicatio and ECT main ones I suspect interested above all in power and making money Avoid

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Prepared to call a spade a spade, but fundamentally a patient and compassionate physician with a phenomenal knowledge of his field.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

This man advised my doctor to prescribe shock for me even though it was well known that I was totally traumatised by it, with NO good result, in the past. He made several claims about my `condition' to justify this without ever speaking to me. He was aware of my antipathy to it and to him as its major exponent. He didn't `force' my doctor but `strongly' advised my doctor not to let me stop, and in spite of my extraordinary distress and my attempts to stop it, to the point of suicide, my doctor did not. What he did was not illegal, but, if I had known he was involved in my case I would have walked out immediately. The only good thing that happened was that, eventually, because of all this, I walked away from psychiatry for good and have not looked back. The only `cure' he offered was to drive me into real mental health. Good one John.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014