You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kevin Bainey

Dr. Bainey is an exceptional interventional cardiologist. He performed a complex procedure on me that many other's had failed. He was kind and compassionate and full of enthusiasm. His bedside manner was truly remarkable and took the time to explain his treatments. He reinforced the importance of medications in my condition which I understand will reduce my risks long-term. I HIGHLY recommend him as he really understands his patients. I'm just a patient but he took my condition very seriously. I am convinced I will live longer because of Dr Bainey's expertise. The Mazankowki Alberta Heart Institute is a world-class facility which should be recognized in Canada due to physicians like Dr Bainey. I have the utmost confidence in his abilities and would push for any of my family members to be seen by him if there were heart problems. He is an exceptional physician which others should follow.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

My husband and I moved from Ottawa to Edmonton almost immediately after the attempted angioplasty that the University of Ottawa Heart Institute cardiologist did on my husband's 100% blocked artery. My husband also had another artery that was 50% blocked and was advised after the attempted angioplasty that my husband had had a heart attack a few years ago. My husband's cardiologist recommended that we contact a cardiologist at the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute. We contacted them immediately. When we went for the first appointment we told Dr. Bainey of my husband's history. Dr. Bainey immediately scoffed and implied that the cardiologist in Ottawa did not know what he was talking about and that they would do their own tests. So, my husband did the same tests that he had already done a month earlier. At the follow up appointment, Dr. Bainey basically gave my husband a clean bill of health, said that he didn't have a heart attack and told my husband to live his life and if he had any problems to come back to see him. We recently moved back to Ottawa and immediately went back to see my husband's cardiologist because my husband's condition was getting worse. The cardiologist immediately scheduled another attempted angioplasty and again could not get through the 100% blocked artery. He also discovered that not only had the blockage gotten worse, his other arteries were worse. The cardiologist immediately scheduled my husband for bypass surgery. Thanks to the cardiologist, the heart surgeon and the staff of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute, my husband had a successful triple bypass surgery and it was confirmed by both the cardiologist and the heart surgeon that my husband did in fact have a heart attack a few years ago. If we had have stayed in Edmonton and followed Dr. Bainey's lack of prognosis, we are convinced that my husband would have had a heart attack. I noticed in the write up about Dr. Bainey that he "has a special interest in ethnic-based clinical research focusing primarily on South Asians with established coronary artery disease." I guess because we are caucasian-born Canadians, that my husband's health was not an issue with Dr. Bainey. Either that or Dr. Bainey is not a good cardiologist.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr.,Bainey is compassionate, well spoken and cutting edge knowledgeable. Even with his,busy schedule, he takes time to listen to patient concerns and answers questions.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Was very helpful and informative during the screening for heart disease that I underwent. Takes time with patients wihout feling rushed. Highly recommended for skill and empathy

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

I found Dr. Bainey very attentive and very knowledgeable. Also, very easy to talk to and discuss problems pertaining to the heart surgery. Also, I was very surprised when we were in Arizona that he answered our emailed questions. I would highly recommend him for heart surgery. He is also interested in what procedures were taken in Arizona with relation to my heart. FOr this he has the report of the cardiologist in Arizona. A very nice gentleman with good bedside manners and not a snob, makes you feel comfortable, and is interested in your problems.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Dr. Bainey is knowledgeable in the extreme, very affable, honest and forthright. He gave me renewed hope; I trust him implicitly

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

committed, caring, confident and credible Inventional Cardiologist

flag | Submitted January 22, 2011

Outstanding physician! Takes the time to care for patients. Able to integrate knowledge with compassion into his medical practice. highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2007

Great doctor, cares a lot about his patients and seeks maximum help for them. Well, he has for me and I am just his patient, no one special.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2007

Dr. Kevin Bainey's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bainey is an exceptional interventional cardiologist. He performed a complex procedure on me that many other's had failed. He was kind and compassionate an..."

February 13, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I moved from Ottawa to Edmonton almost immediately after the attempted angioplasty that the University of Ottawa Heart Institute cardiologist did..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.,Bainey is compassionate, well spoken and cutting edge knowledgeable. Even with his,busy schedule, he takes time to listen to patient concerns and answers qu..."

October 2, 2014