Ratings for Dr. Leon E. Brown

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

Easy to make appointments. I called all over to find a dermatologist who could actually schedule me in within the same month. He was one of the few. Helped me and my daughter. Great with children. Excellent at treating eczema. He is really knowledgeable in his field. He was the only dermatologist that was able to actually help keep my eczema under control. The wait can be long sometimes but that is because he spends a lot of time with each patient. He took his time with me and my kid, never felt rushed. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I sat in the waiting room for over an hour on multiple occasion before being placed in a exam room. Red Flag. Without touching or truly examining my hand he diagnosed me with eczema. I took the prescription to the pharmacy and had it fill...he ordered 3 containers of the ointment, not sure if that was the correct course of treatment. He ordered blood work my first appointment I didn't receive the results until my follow at which time he order more blood work. His office sends the blood to an independent company that doesn't bill your insurance company directly which let me with a $500 bill. I called the office to be prescribed a new medicine. I am still waiting for my messages to be returned or to receive the call back I was told I would get. That was 3 weeks ago. I will not be returning to Dr. Brown's office. I would not recommend him to anyone I know. There is much more that I could go on about my 2 visits...please just take heed to my advice and see another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

I recommend doctor brown . He gave me a good medications for my skin ..now look beautify :) . So thankful and happy :)

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

Sure wish I had read these reviews before going to see Dr. Brown. I went to him about a rash on my face. He spent five seconds looking at my face and then ordered lab work to the out-of-pocket tune of $1,100. The rash cleared up on its own a few days later. Dr. Brown has yet to call me with the lab results. Obviously it was a scheme to pump money out of me since I was stupid enough to visit him about a heat rash.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

It has been seven weeks and this physician has yet to return my 5 phone calls requesting test results. Each time I am told that the staff is on break or the dr will call back, but he never does. I still don't know what my diagnosis is. But I have gotten an expensive bill for tons of lab fees even though he is a preferred provider. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

I was very disappointed. I had a 8:30am appointment and finally saw the doctor at 9:48am apparently the office triple books each slot!!! The staff was not approachable. ALmost all had a hard time speaking english over the phone and in person. I called to ask questions about the prescriptions given and I was left on hold forever and was promised to get a call back. It's been a week and I still have not heard from the doctor. NEVER GOING BACK!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

Dr. Brown was the only Doctor able to prescribe the proper medications, to correct the skin condition of tinea versicolor. He was very knowledgeable and the condition has not returned. Dr.Brown also was very in suggesting other health remedies, that would improve my overall health.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr. Brown was punctual, helpful, and VERY knowledgable of my skin lesions, and after seeing several dermatologists, he was the ONLY doctor that was able to diagnose me with skin cancer, and now because of him, I was able to recieve treatment in the early stages of my cancer. GREAT DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2009

After waiting an hour to see doctor on 2 separate appointments, was disappointed by the interaction. I had a biopsy on hand, and was not given ANY verbal instructions by Dr. or staff for care of wound. I later found out that the neosporin I was using was a bad idea. It did mention it in the patient materials, but not clearly. He may be busy, I just didn't get a good feeling from the whole bit.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2007

Dr. Leon E. Brown's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal