Ratings for Dr. John E. Stanhope

Dr. Stanhope has been my GP since 2004, and would go to no other GP. He is kind, caring, and is always wiling to listen. His staff is A+ as well.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I have found Dr. Stanhope to be great. He is certainly an "old school" doctor but that is what I like about him. He listens, provides his thoughts and comes up with a game plan. He doesn't jump to a diagnosis and doesn't want to have every test run on you just to "try" it. He thinks it through and follows up accordingly.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Dr Stanhope does a great job and is usually able to squeeze me in when my busy schedule allows. He is more of the old fashioned doctor than the just out of med school type, but he cares and tries herd to work with you to get the best care and address your concerns.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Dr. Stanhope was my primary care physician for over 2 years. Throughout that time, I noticed there were several appointments where I was rushed out of the office long before I could have all my questions answered, and when Ive mentioned I still had more questions, his normal response was “Just set up another appointment and we’ll address that.” Even when I went in for real medical problems, not just preventative care visits. I went to see Stanhope for a serious medical problem and he didnt bother examining me. When I called back to say that I felt I was rushed out of the office, and that I was concerned that Stanhope didnt bother examining me, the office staff was rude and unhelpful. Less than a week later, I received a certified letter stating Dr. Stanhope could no longer be my PCP, all because I didnt feel he was being thorough enough? It seems like that would violate his Hippocratic Oath. Patients Beware! WebMD has helped me more than Stanhope ever has, and its free!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

Dr. John E. Stanhope's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1978)