Ratings for Dr. Bodurtha

Eighteen years ago, I was operated on in an emergency procedure because of a two-year battle with severe bouts of abdominal pain after eating. A surgeon in Peterborough, ON did the surgery and told me without the benefit of pathology that I had cancer. I did not get any better and still could not eat after that surgery. I was sent by ambulance to Kingston General Hospital to see an oncologist who determined that I did not have cancer. But still I couldn't eat. After a 3 month period, I moved the Ottawa area and was seen by Dr. A.J. Bodurtha. After much testing, he decided to operate on the same site and see what was going on. It was this wonderful doctor, as compassionate and kind a doctor as I have ever met, who found the problem and fixed it. He attended me all along the healing time in the hospital and later as an outpatient. I would trust this surgeon with my life and body again if I had to have any kind of general surgery. He is wonderful! A truly lovely and warm person. God bless you, Dr. Bodurtha!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

My first meeting with this Doctor gave me a very positive impression of him and his staff.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2009

Dr. Bodurtha performed an abdominal tumour removal last year, and from diagnosis through surgery and to follow-up he was excellent. We got off to a rough start as it was a very difficult diagnosis and I was a bit of a basketcase, but he always answered all of my questions and was honest with me. Surgery and hospital care were excellent. Good outcome, and as positive an experience as possible under the circumstances.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2008

I recently had abdominal surgery by Dr. Bodurtha.I experienced no problems post-op & received excellent care while in the hospital.He is a very kind man who will take the time to explain everything about your condition in terms that are easy to understand.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2007