You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Marilyn Kwolek

I have gone to Dr. Kwolek off and on over 25 years, mainly for spider veins and brown spots. This last time I went because I had a growth on my back that I couldn't reach or even see very well. I was frightened. She just flicked it off and said it was nothing and proceeded to freeze that spot. Then she froze a few persistent sores on my face. It took about 5 minutes. Her male receptionist then billed my insurance for $350 for surgical removal of growths. Something similar happened about 10 years ago when that same male receptionist was there and I made a fraud alert to my insurance company. Nothing happened and here he is again with the same tricks. Serious ethics violation!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Botox and collagen injections. Dr in a rush because she schedules patients every 15 minutes. Was handed Kleenex to Hold against areas hat were still bleeding. No ice Given Dr said Oh dear several times as she stuck the needle in areas and saw bruising. Seven day after procedure I still have 3 bruises that can't be masked with heavy make up. People ask if I wAs hit in the face. I paid top dollar for cosmetic procedures that had a terrible result- have photos day 6

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

Dr Kwolek is OK, not great by any means. She is sweet but she is not gentle. Her office staff is always horrible! Her male receptionist is the worst!!! What is someone with an attitude like his doing working with the public? He ruins my day when I have to see the doctor. He is FULL of negative thoughts comments and energy. Do not go to this office if you can go elsewhere. My insurance pays 100% if I see Kwolek, that's the only reason I go there. I would not pay out of pocket for this kind of abuse.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

Great Dr. Professional. Very accommodating with last minute appointments unlike other dermatologists. Really knows her stuff. High recommended.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

I strongly do not recommend this doctor. I paid out of pocket and she used the laser on my nose. I had a broken capillary and she said I can take care of that. She did it once which was fine. But it didn't go away. Went back again, then she over burned my nose. The skin peeled off and it was a horrible mess. Called the office and the staff was horrible. Especially the male receptionist who has a horrible attitude. Do not go to her.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2009

My Bill took OVER 1 YEAR to get to me,I was told by Blue Cross that the bill was submitted to them on 10/24/2008 and they paid Dr. Kwolek's office on 10/27/2008. It shouldn't take from my 2/28/2008 appt. over 10 months for the bill to get to Blue Cross and then another 6 months for me to get my bill. I was very pleased with Dr. Kwolek services, but I will not be using her in the future if this is her billing practice. I was told when I called the OFFICE when I mentioned it took over a year to get my bill, that sometimes it takes the insurance company a year to pay the doctor's office. Not right, but not a good answer as to why it took so long to get my bill. By the billing office I was told that they had sent bills in the past. I never got a bill until the two I have rec'd recently, the first being 4/8/2009 and the second on 4/29/2009. This is no way to run a business.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009

Wouldn't recommend her. I had a capillary on my nose from a scratch. She burned it, didn't go away, so she burned it again. But wayyyy too much. My skin peeled and for awhile it was worse than when I started. For just oral meds etc. she is fine. But don't let her burn anything!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Kwolek is the best. She is professional, knowledgeble and punctual. Unfortunately, her office staff is rude and unhelpful. In particular, she has a bitter man who works in her front office that is very sarcastic and rude to patients.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

Stay far away from this doctor. She has permantly damaged my face.........

Submitted March 28, 2008

Fantastic doctor. Would definitely recommend her. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2007

Dr. Marilyn Kwolek's Credentials

• Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med, Iowa City Ia 52242 (Grad. 1981)

Benesys
Multiplan
National Elevator
Principle Life Insurance

Updates

• A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I have gone to Dr. Kwolek off and on over 25 years, mainly for spider veins and brown spots. This last time I went because I had a growth on my back that I cou..."

October 4, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=106619'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 5, 2014