Ratings for Dr. Bryan E. Woods

I did not like Dr Woods on my first visit. However, I went back. He was the first psychiatrist I had been able to see in years and he made it clear that he was unable to make a diagnosis based on a 50 minute meeting with me. His first order of business was to get my anxiety under control, so he explained why the medicine I was taking wasn't working and why he wanted to try something else. Once he was able to get a handle on exactly what was going on with me he was able to figure out which medicine needed to be changed in order to get everything under control. Now while Dr Woods is very good and listens to my concerns and asks me to clarify when he doesn't understand, he doesn't always write everything down. This isn't a problem for me -- I really don't care about absolutely every reason for me taking my meds the way I do being in my chart. But if you have a problem between appointment setting ahold of the President would be easier than getting ahold of him and his PA Sandra thinks that she is running the show. Even when you explain to her that you can't change how you are taking something because Dr Woods told you not to if it isn't written in the chart she doesn't believe you and tells you to do what she said until you see him and to call if you have any concerns. I had to insist that she speak to Dr Woods, we'll find out at my next appointment whether or not she actually did. I once had an allergic reaction to the medication and called and she told me to keep taking the medicine until I saw him which certainly was a surprise to him. So Dr Woods is great if a little gruff, but his PA is a little power crazy. But Dr Woods does know his stuff. When you're going to a psychiatrist you're not going to a therapist, you're going to someone who will diagnose you and manage your meds, and he knows his diagnoses and he knows his pharmacology.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Terrible doctor. Went to one visit, refuse to go back to him.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

I do not recommend him based on my experience with this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Dr. Bryan E. Woods's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Commercial Insurance Company