Ratings for Dr. Jonathan M. Raskin

Dr. Raskin is a wonderful doctor, the best I have ever seen. Aside from his great intelligence and wisdom he is a truly compassionate and caring person. He helped me through a lung issue and has become our family physician. Cannot recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

UNHELPFUL: This doctor does not look at test results when they come in unless a patient asks or comes in. He writes prescriptions much too readily. He is often dimissive of a patient's reported symptoms. UNKNOWLEDGEABLE: He is listed as an internist but is very reluctant (unable?) to deal with anything other than straight pulmonary issues (on which he is very good). For example, on two separate occasions he advised me not to take any action to lose weight (BMI 32) and prescribed statins although I have no CVD risk factors other than high cholesterol. He dismissed a symptom my dentist had asked me to discuss with him as gingivitis, a disease my dentist was surely familiar with. GOOD THINGS: On the other the other hand, he accomodates last minute appointments very well, spends a lot of time time with each patient at the beginning and end of each appointment, is usually friendly and will converse about things other than medicine.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2007

Dr. Jonathan M. Raskin's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1978)