Ratings for Dr. Alan Jager

I was really scared after reading some of these reviews but Dr Jager was great and his report factual and accurate.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Update on previous review in March. Report stated facts. Nothing more, nothing less. Job well done.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Had an IME today. I found Dr Jager to be a down to earth ok guy. Very briefly asked general background questions but mainly focused on the cause and effect of the issues. I have no intention on reading his report to avoid swaying my opinion. Nuria

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr Jager was intimidating and intrusive. From the outset he seemed to be looking for an angle from which he could secure the cessation of my Work Cover payments. He asked me inappropriate questions about my intimate relationships and, at one point, lectured me about the side effects of a medication I was prescribed. My Work Cover claim had been accepted without question some years prior, and every IME I have seen since then has stated that my injury arises from my workplace injury. However, as I expected, Dr Jager has stated in his report that my ongoing injury is unrelated to the stress I endured in my workplace. I now have a legal battle on my hands which is causing major anxiety, an irony when one considers that my injury arises from major workplace stress.

Submitted October 16, 2016

Not very professional at all, when I got there the staff reception staff were complaining about my insurance company, I had a laugh at that! I saw him as an independent phych for work over he had my payments stopped for 4 months however the medical panel over turned it! I think Dr Jagar seemed a bit stoned to me and felt he needed the help more then I did. Thank goodness the two progfecionals I saw at the medical panel disagreed with him, and saw that he didn't understand me one little bit! Why work cover use him, he would have cost them heaps to investigate me, when I have a real case, I know people do play the system but if Dr Jagar couldn't see that he has problems and should maybe think of a career change!

Submitted December 7, 2015

Horrible.developed a blood nose and while trying to deal with it , he kept firing questions at me. In accurate report , made it up, then told me to leave. Was in no fit state to get myself home. Was hysterically crying, blood pouring down my face onto my clothes. Some stranger found me in the street and helped me to get home. Stay away from him at ALL cost.

Submitted May 15, 2015

Absolutely pathetic , not versed with my history thought I was another patient and said that I was never seen by himself before... I refreshed his absentminded ness, Approx five or six years ago I said , he then refreshed himself and delved into his archives and said indeed I have seen you last in 2008.. This took some time to extract . Then some questions on my health and how my family was and how I keep my self busy & generalised questions have I been suicidal, my moods, do I feel balanced etc!!! I have recently received a finding and have been told that I am on a normal scale and in full remission of depression ( a decision Alan J├Ąger came to in only a brief 20 minute interview.). and Gallagher Bassett said Ithat I'm no need of any psychiatric treatment in future and from 30/4/2015. I have no future claimable treatment... I will be going to dispute this. Ridiculous decision by insurers GALLAGHER BASSETT.. on a downward spiral...hence after receiving the negative news my suicidal tendencies were heightened ((I voiced my disapproval quite severely)hence Gallagher Bassett sent the uniformed branch of Victoria Police over to take me to Casey hospital in the back of a divisional van to be assessed by the Cssey CAT team.. ( I might add I have quite severe spinal injuries , spinal fusions and 2 spinal cord implants) and there is NO paddding find to sit on.in the back of the van I t was indignant and I was very distraught to be taken away in view of my neighbouts...

Submitted April 19, 2015

I have also found problems with Dr Jager and could relate to all the comments posted below. He was late, unprepared, hadn't read my file and very quick to judge in what was only a 30 minute interview. On reading his final report at first I thought Gallagher Bassett insurers had sent me someone else's file as there were so many factual errors and omissions. He blamed my mental state on "menopause" and recommended medication despite not being a medical practitioner. He is living in the dark ages with some of his comments on menopause and womens' issues and mental health. His report was the opposite to every other "independent" practitioner that Gallagher Bassett has sent me to, including the Independent Medical Panel who I have already seen and agree that my issues are all work related. Dr Jager questioned me about my work history and when I mentioned I had briefly worked for Compass Airlines many years ago he then turned to his computer and actually spent 5 minutes googling it and ignoring me!

Submitted March 12, 2015

Not independent. Biased and unprofessional. Messy office, rude staff, late reports, producing what looks like copied and pasted reports totally in favour or the insurer...do not trust.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

I have seen Jager twice for Workcover assessments as directed by Gallagher Bassett. His first report was so inaccurate and misleading that I secretly recorded him the second time. I'm not sure if he deliberately writes sloppy misleading reports or if he is just lazy, doesn't care and simply goes through the process for easy money. His reports resulted in me going through the Independent Medical Panel process which disagreed with Jager's opinion and directed GB to keep paying me. GB then tried sending me to Jager yet again even though I had lodged a formal complaint against him. This was changed after intervention by Slater & Gordon. Appalling behaviour by both Jager and GB. Incidentally, he is always late, and as there is no previous patient I believe he only glances at your file starting at the appointment time. His entire office is a shambles and his receptionist is totally disinterested.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014