Ratings for Dr. Claude Calandra

Very rude with my 5 year old... First time experience... 35 minutes wait...

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Needs to b registered. women can give birth naturally if not forced oxytoccin. Why this man doesn't listen to women;s concerns. We don't need abusive obstetricians. AHPRA need to act!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I have been seeing doctor calandra for years and I think his great. His professional and direct, but that's what you want. We're not there to have coffee and cake with him. We're here to get results and the truth. He does have a bad rap on goggle but unless you go to him yourself and see for yourself people shouldn't jump in the band wagon and judge. He does high risk cases that no one else wants to deal with, so obviously there is going to be some things that go wrong on occasions that is out of his control. I wouldn't see anyone else. Never judge on what you hear people life's to short 😃

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I saw this doctor when I was 21 to remove endometriosis lesions. He is gruff, rude, arrogant, dismissive and his surigical skills are nothing less than haphazard. I found out later , after my surgery -too late by then :( from two friends of mine who are nurses, that his nickname in the hospital industry is, The Butcher. Do not place your trust or your body in the hands of this man. Do not let your daughter or friends or family near him. His bad reputation is well deserved. He is a menace and should not be practicing. AVOID at all costs I got scarred for life. I'd rather die, than ever let this doctor touch me again

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

after Claude Calandra botched 2 operations I have had to have ongoing operations by a very qualified Doctor but still bear the scars Calandra left.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

If it was not for Dr Calandra i would not have had any kids. He help me when i needed it most. He was straight down tge line with what we had to do and was amazing to deal wirh. His wife and staff are amazing. Thank you Dr Calandra for making my dreams comr true

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Love this Man. He delivered my bundle of joy last year. Very thorough & absolutely knows his stuff. I actually like how blunt he is... Who wants a doctor to fluff around & tell you things to make you feel better when the reality is sometimes things just don't go our way. We are dealing with two lives that need the best of care so you need honesty from your OB! Dr Calandra is so misread by some, he has all the time in the world for his patients (hence the fact you wait so long) & has a heart of gold. Time is everything to this man. I've never met a hard working Man like him, he works around the clock 24/7 & will get up to delivery your baby no matter what time it is. My daughter was delivered by C-Section.... I have the cleanest cut & recovered so well with no complications. He is a saint in my eyes & I will go back to him for my next baby. He is there to do a job not to become your bestfriend.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I love this DR! Yes he is blunt and very matter of fact but without his care with me not only would I have required a liver transplant but very likely have lost my baby due to the complications I had. He never scared me and got me as far along in the pregnancy as we safely could and now I have a very happy and healthy child & I still have my original liver and am healthy enough t enjoy her too. Appt wiat time was long but the man was in high demand and that was OK with me

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I had a very bad experience with Dr Calandra. We found out that our second baby was in a breech position and he recommended a c-section. I did not have any problems with my first pregnancy and was told that there is a chance that the baby can turn into the right position. After an unsuccessful ecv (external cephalic version) my water broke and I rushed to the Mercy hospital. When the midwife called Dr Calandra he said I am not one of his patients as he did not want me to try ecv. It was a pure lie as I had ongoing appointment scheduled in a couple of days and he had already charged me $600 by then. Imaging having this experience on your delivery day. I would never recommend Dr Calandra to anyone. And the waiting time is ridiculous.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

I seen Dr Calandra when I was 24 I had a lot of pain and told him I think I had endometriosis, he said is it painful Having sex I said I broke up with my boyfriend 6 mths ago so I wouldn't know now but yes it was painful when I was in a relationship! He said "there are risks with the surgery and it could make me worse and I could even end up on a calostraphy bag" then he said "I don't think you have endomitriosis I think you are just a hypochondriac and You don't need surgery i can refer you to a psychologist I know", I have only ever heard bad things about this Dr and I never went back to him, I did have endomitriosis and it was severe I was treated at the age of 33 because of fertility probs from the endomitriosis if I had of had the surgery when I was 24 I wouldn't be having the fertility problems Iv been having today my husband and I have spent over $27,000 on IVF, thanks to the misleading information of Dr Calandra saying you don't have endomitriosis your just a hypochondriac! I can't believe he is still practicing he should have been shut down a long time ago. Arrogant rude nasty man!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015