You may also like

My name is Binu Joseph. I've just finished a surgery for a para oesophageal hernia, total thoracic stomach, large hiatal defect. I've been under Dr. Paul's care and today being only the third day after the operation I am home with no pain. I've found Dr. Paul to be someone who you can trust and very dependable. He is very confident of what he does which is great but is also punctual, caring and straight. I like him because he does not waste a minute, Gets straight on to the problem, works out the solution and fixes it straight away. And guess what? I was actually referred to Dr. Paul by another surgeon who did not really feel confident to work on me as he thought I may have to undergo an open surgery. If you believe in miracles and prayers my introduction to Dr. Paul Cashin sure is one. Rock steady Dr.Paul, there are many who need you out there .

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Amazingly simple man, if you saw him walk down the road one would assume he is a banker. Anyways I m lucky to be under his care for a condition called Hiatus hernia. In fact my whole stomach had gone up my chest . It took the smooth operator a little over 3 hrs to fix the problem. 72 hrs post I am walking, can eat an elephant😂but Taking it easy. I pray that God blesses him with many more years of good health to help many more. I just think it's a new leash of life for me from now on.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I originally saw Dr. Cashin for a suspected Paraoesophageal Hernia. When it turned out not to be a hernia, he sent me for further tests to find out what was going on. He did not "throw me to the wolves" like so many others, and persisted until he was able to obtain enough information to find out what was going on. He communicated with other Doctors in order to achieve an answer and referral to the relevant specialist. He is easy to communicate with, caring, and non-judgemental. He is not just a surgeon. He is a true Doctor, and we need many more like him. He is a rare gem in the Medical Profession and you are very fortunate if you get referred to him. Thank You so much, Mr. Cashin, for making an otherwise very long and difficult medical journey a lot shorter. I would still be stuck in a bad situation had it not been for your expertise and caring.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Every single one of these comments are correct and true. Paul is, in my opinion, the best surgeon you will find in Melbourne. I was one of his more perplexing patients upon which he performed Nissen Fundoplications and giant paraesophageal hernia repairs. Some people are born to be great assets to society.....Paul is one of these exceptional people. Dont bother with second opions or shopping around for another doctor. If you have been referred to Paul Cashin then you are extremely fortunate. Bernadette Day

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Mr Paul Cashin is not only a fantastic surgeon but goes beyond the call of duty to help people he is empathic kind and is always ready to help with his expertise. He is exceptional at what he does He has recently done a hernia for my husband Troy I cannot recommend him more highly, once in Mr Cashins hands you are safe he has done two operations for me as well he is very precise in his diagnosis but what is different about him is his empathy and care whether private or public he stands out as being a very special surgeon and Man

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I met Dr Cashin earlier this year as a referral from my gastroenterologist. I was apprehensive at first but made to feel very comfortable by his knowledge of my situation and how he was to approach it. As it turned out, he was absolutely spot on and I have nothing but praise for this gentleman and his surgical skills. He answered all questions so I was able to understand and put my mind at rest with his assurances. I feel very fortunate to have had him be my surgeon. As well as his skills, he is a marvellous conversationalist and has a great sense of humour.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I have been to see Dr Paul Cashin a few times now for reflux problems and am now waiting for a surgery to be booked in but i can say that from what i have read and the talks we have had i wouldn't want any one else operating on me you all ways mange to make me laugh and you are as professional as they come

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

It's impossible not to connect with and like Paul Cashin, he is simply a nice guy in addition to his reassuring manner, wealth of knowledge and surgical ability. He removed my gallbladder and performed some diagnostics on me for some my other conditions. Everything went perfectly and by that afternoon I was walking around the ward and not even remotely feeling like I'd hard surgery earlier. Paul is very clear in his decision and suggestion making and explains his rationale in a manner that you feel like a doctor yourself when explaining to others. I'd rather not have anything else removed or need to go under the knife again but if I do Paul will be the man doing it. I've met many health professionals due to mine and my sons varying and complex needs and Paul is up there amongst the best of them.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I have just had the pleasure of meeting Dr Cashin. After a stay in hospital Christmas Day and now Easter he is prepared to operate on a public holiday to ensure my health improves. A brilliant bedside manner, considerate and general concern are the fine traits of this man. A little laugh on the side as well ensures I am extremely confident letting this man perform my surgery.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Dr. Paul Cashin's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My name is Binu Joseph. I've just finished a surgery for a para oesophageal hernia, total thoracic stomach, large hiatal defect. I've been under Dr. Paul's ca..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazingly simple man, if you saw him walk down the road one would assume he is a banker. Anyways I m lucky to be under his care for a condition called Hiatus h..."

December 9, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Mr Cashin for actually saving my life. For 25 years I've suffered till I miraculously came under his care."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I originally saw Dr. Cashin for a suspected Paraoesophageal Hernia. When it turned out not to be a hernia, he sent me for further tests to find out what was go..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Every single one of these comments are correct and true. Paul is, in my opinion, the best surgeon you will find in Melbourne. I was one of his more perplexing p..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Mr Paul Cashin is not only a fantastic surgeon but goes beyond the call of duty to help people he is empathic kind and is always ready to help with his expertis..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I met Dr Cashin earlier this year as a referral from my gastroenterologist. I was apprehensive at first but made to feel very comfortable by his knowledge of my..."

October 3, 2014