Ratings for Dr. Edward P. Laurance

Regarding my concern that my child was vomiting blood, Dr. Laurance stated "We do not concern ourselves with blood in the vomit unless it occurs consistently for three weeks." This conversation took place in early February. Although this vomiting was sporadic, four hospitalizations later, following an endoscopy in the hospital, it was found that my child had acute esophagitis, and was literally bleeding to death because of the condition -- a condition which a competent pediatric G.I. doctor would have found months earlier.

Submitted April 19, 2015

Although Dr. Laurance has been pleasant with my son, he has been quite condescending and rude to me. We have been going to his office for months and still have not discovered why he is having stomach pain. After reading the previous review I have doubts as to his competence, and will most definitely seek a second opinion.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2008

We had a very bad exprerience with this doctor. Our child had a serious and deadly medical condition and the doctor showed no care at all. He kept insisting the child was fine and that was not the case. Luckily, someone else diagnosed this condition. He has a very bad attitude toward patients which was confirmed by coworkers in the hospitals where he works. He never showed any concerns for our questions. His attitude toward patients will eventually catch up with him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2007

Dr. Edward P. Laurance's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)