Ratings for Dr. Don McRae

Dr. Don is an amazing person and an amazing dentist, my daughter has been needing dental work for a few years but we had no luck in finding someone who was willing to helpĀ her because we have low income. Dr. Don went out of his way to help her even though he knew we couldn't afford much so being the kind person that he is he paid for a lot of the dental work out of his own pocket. He is so nice, funny and great with kids and I will recommend him to everyone I know. Thank you Dr. Don

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

WE LOVED DON and his girl! We were initially seen at another dental office that specializes in children. Well how the specialize in children is by sending them to out of town instead of a local office. I was so mad but luckily through friends I heard about Don and Valerie at True Dental in westbank. AMAZING! Valerie and Don are GREAT on every level. We saw them for a hospital evaluation in March. Don is very personable and my son just loved him. and his outgoing 'vibe' as Valerie called it as she giggled. He really related to my son and won him over. Valerie was beyond sweet and kind, very understanding when it came to my son and his mouth as well as our financial situation. She made me feel like it everything was going to be ok even though I have the gut wrenching feeling like its all my fault ... words cannot express how much I appreciated that. The hospital date we were given is in 2018 as they are ony permitted so many dates with Interior Health, and it theyre his awesome with kids no wonder why! Valerie expressed that if there was any pain or discomfort between now and then Don will do what ever he can to make our son comfortable. The time line is what it is I'm just thankful he can be seen locally and be in the comfort of his own home the same day/night to recover. I'm also very thankful to have met Don and Valerie and the rest of the staff there. They really go above and beyond not just with me but everyone that I witnessed while I was there, especially Valerie she'll make it a point to go and say hi to everyone in the office really adding a personal touch Don or D MAN the child whisperer as Valerie called him ( which made us all laugh and relax more as it wasn't a 'stuffy' DENTIST OR DR ) says she gets paid to visit. Keep paying her to visit 'DMAN' as that's the difference- personal touch/ care and you really are a child whisperer. Thanks for what you guys do.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I took my four year old to see Dr. Don at his True Dental office in West Kelowna. My son had a cavity and was up all night the night because he was in pain. Dr. Don is arrogant and condescending. He put my son on a year long waiting list to have the tooth extracted and charged me $130 for just having him on the list. He the. Told me to buy him Motrin for pain. How is that acceptable to allow a four year old to be in pain for a year?

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Dr McRae was very thorough professional absolutely Awesome with my child as he has a fear of needles and all went very well and fast.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. Don is AMAZING. We come from Penticton just to see him because any dental work needing to be done on my children would be referred to a child dentist anyway. Dr. Don amuses my children with his amazing attitude and great sense of humour. He looks at my son's mouth one time and commented that he had a "hunka hunks burning cavity" . Then when my son swung his legs over the chair, Dr. Don said, "Whooooaaa! Now don't you go stepping on my blue suede shoes!" My apprehensive son was at ease immediately. We've never had a problem and we will continue making the trip as long as Dr. Don will have us!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

We were terrified when our 5 year old daughter, who had previously had excellent checkups, discovered upon a panoramic x-ray that she had multiple issues between her back molars. Dr. Don recommended she would be better off undergoing a general anesthetic instead of separate visits. He assured us that he could accomplish everything in 45 minutes as opposed to numerous appointments. The entire team at Summerland Health Centre were so professional and warm; our daughter (and us) had an excellent visit and the anesthetist was compassionate and answered any concerns. It was a difficult parental decision at first; however, now our child can have a positive dental experience for the rest of her life and for that, we are extremely grateful. THANK YOU DR. DON & ASSOCIATES for being so great with everything! We truly appreciated your patience with our fretting and worries and explanations regarding your treatment plan.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

i wouldnt recomend dr don. ive known four people that went there all with very bad experiences.ive been for teeth cleaning but refused his services based on friends experiences with dr don. if you value your teeth find a better dentist. seems like all his favourable reviews are from children.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Im 15 years old and i go to Dr don. He is my absolute fav! hes effin awesome, I actually look forward to going to the dentist because I know it is going to be sooo much fun!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Don McRae, he has been our family dentist (3 kids) for over 10 years and even though we no longer live in Summerland we gladly travel from Kamloops and get treated like royalty even though we're not. I have found his attitude and service to be of the highest caliber among all professionals and we are pleased to be called his patients.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

Had the dreaded root canal done which turned out a lot better than I expected. DR McRae was very informative and even took snap shots along the way so I could see how he did it.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010