Ratings for Dr. Steven F. Putman

Dr. Putman was my neurologist for several years after I was first diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. He seemed to always be in a rush to assure that patients were seen in a timely manner. Unfortunately, it came across as dismissive, allowing patients to talk and ask concerning questions (especially when newly diagnosed with a neurological disease). I must have discussed my migraine headache(s) on several of my visits, but when I would bring it up, he would appear as if that was the first time we discussed the matter. Nothing was ever resolved during the years I was in his practice, even though he had a headache specialist on staff. When requested to use a different DM medication for MS, I was first given the "priviledge" to have my infusion at Dr. Putnam's office. When discovering in February (was to start my new infusion medication in his office) that there was a balance on my account from the MRI I had done in January, the accounting office called me and abruptly informed me I would no longer be able to have the infusion(s) in Dr. Putman's office, I would need to go to CMC Infusion Center. I hadn't received the invoice for this January MRI service when I received the call that redirected me to another facility for the infusion. When calling with concerns, the staff was rude and it finally came to a head when the nurse at the infusion center (who was new and not experenced with MS symptoms) called Dr. Putnam's office before my infustion that day to relay her concerns. The "nurse" asked to speak with me and rudely said "if you're that sick, you need to come in tomorrow" and I retorted that I needed to go to work. With that she said, "Well then, you must not be THAT sick". I was unable to receive my infusion until I saw Dr. Putnam and when I arrived in his office, the staff was cold and rude to me. Dr. Putnam entered the room saying, "Well, you are a hard person to get a hold of, my staff can't get a hold of you". Needless to say, I found a new neurologist....knowing he would also retire soon (he seemed to bring that up frequently).

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I saw Dr. Putnam in October of 2002. At that time he diagnosed me with one medical issue, yet the time bomb was the incidental finding on my MRI. He told me that what they found was rare, I didn't have to worry about it, and not to get surgery. I was sent to him by my primary care doctor again in 2008 for pain in the back of my head, headache, etc. He refused to deal with me because I had gone ahead with a Brain surgery for the condition that he said I really was not suffering from. Go figure.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2012

Dr. Putman is the best!! He cares about his patients and works with you to find the best treatment for you. He is very caring and spends the time with you that you need. He never gives up and keeps working until you are feeling better. I am so thankful for him!!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Putman for over 3 years now. He is very caring and friendly. He diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. This is a disorder that takes a lot of time to diagnose. He left no stone unturned. I feel like he is very dedicated to me as a patient and a person. He has seen me several times instead of going to lunch because he felt that I needed to be seen. He is highly respected and came make things happen for you in this area. I would give is name to all friends and family.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Dr. P. is the best physician I've ever gone to. He takes all complaints very seriously, truly interested in getting a proper diagnosis and proper treatment. Very serious about his work and has a great 'bed-side manner'.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

I've been seeing Dr. Putman for years and have the highest opinion of him and his staff. I have a lot of experience with physiccians and have a number of doctors in the family, so I have a good frame of reference. Dr. Putman is always prepared, respectful, interested, knowledgeable, accessible, communicative and helpful in every way possible, as is his staff. I cannot think of any way he could possibly do his job better and I recommend him very highly to anyone wiht Parkinson's who needs a doctor to help you manage the disease, keep you up to date on research and always to be there for you professionally. Thanks, Dr. Putman.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

I've only seen Dr. Putman a few times, however, he and his staff have been very outgoing and respectful of the patient. I was late gettijng to his office (almost a full hour) but they went out of their way and still made time for me so that I didn't need to reschedule. He is the first Doc. I have felt really comfortable with in my adult life.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

He's been my neurologist for 15 years, and if he ever retires, I'll have to retire too. :-)

flag | Submitted March 8, 2008

GREAT DR. He helped me get my life back when other Dr's thought my problem was psych. Dr Putman kept looking and finally found the problem. He beleived me and did not dismiss me as a hysterical female. He explains things well, is kind and very patient. A great Doc!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2007

Dr. Steven F. Putman's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1978)