Ratings for Dr. Steven F. Putman

I saw Dr. Putnam in October of 2002. At that time he diagnosed me with one medical issue, yet the time bomb was the incidental finding on my MRI. He told me that what they found was rare, I didn't have to worry about it, and not to get surgery. I was sent to him by my primary care doctor again in 2008 for pain in the back of my head, headache, etc. He refused to deal with me because I had gone ahead with a Brain surgery for the condition that he said I really was not suffering from. Go figure.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2012

Dr. Putman is the best!! He cares about his patients and works with you to find the best treatment for you. He is very caring and spends the time with you that you need. He never gives up and keeps working until you are feeling better. I am so thankful for him!!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Putman for over 3 years now. He is very caring and friendly. He diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. This is a disorder that takes a lot of time to diagnose. He left no stone unturned. I feel like he is very dedicated to me as a patient and a person. He has seen me several times instead of going to lunch because he felt that I needed to be seen. He is highly respected and came make things happen for you in this area. I would give is name to all friends and family.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Dr. P. is the best physician I've ever gone to. He takes all complaints very seriously, truly interested in getting a proper diagnosis and proper treatment. Very serious about his work and has a great 'bed-side manner'.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

I've been seeing Dr. Putman for years and have the highest opinion of him and his staff. I have a lot of experience with physiccians and have a number of doctors in the family, so I have a good frame of reference. Dr. Putman is always prepared, respectful, interested, knowledgeable, accessible, communicative and helpful in every way possible, as is his staff. I cannot think of any way he could possibly do his job better and I recommend him very highly to anyone wiht Parkinson's who needs a doctor to help you manage the disease, keep you up to date on research and always to be there for you professionally. Thanks, Dr. Putman.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

I've only seen Dr. Putman a few times, however, he and his staff have been very outgoing and respectful of the patient. I was late gettijng to his office (almost a full hour) but they went out of their way and still made time for me so that I didn't need to reschedule. He is the first Doc. I have felt really comfortable with in my adult life.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

He's been my neurologist for 15 years, and if he ever retires, I'll have to retire too. :-)

flag | Submitted March 8, 2008

GREAT DR. He helped me get my life back when other Dr's thought my problem was psych. Dr Putman kept looking and finally found the problem. He beleived me and did not dismiss me as a hysterical female. He explains things well, is kind and very patient. A great Doc!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2007

Dr. Steven F. Putman's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1978)