Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth M. Spiers

I have been seeing Dr. Spiers for several years and have always felt that I was being well taken care of by her and her staff. The staff are friendly and approachable. Dr. Spiers has come in early/stayed late in order to accommodate and her staff has worked with me in order to schedule emergency appointments for my family over the years. As with any physician, it's important to come prepared to your appointment with questions/concerns and to follow up with recommended next steps. Dr. Spiers has been able to address any and all concerns of the ten people in my extended family [including diagnosing and treating skin cancer, skin tags, allergic reactions, suspect rashes, cysts, and our annual full body checks as well as several cosmetic procedures]. She has also followed up with a personal phone call [in the evening] after two of our "emergencies". There is a reason why you may experience a 'wait' in their office area - you will never feel rushed or unheard and you will be given a timely appointment if it is an emergency. This unusual customer care and service are very important to me - I never mind the gift of a few minutes for self-reflection while waiting to be taken back to an examination room.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2019

refreshingly nice staff, Dr, Spears was kind and thorough, Waiting results

flag | Submitted June 7, 2019

I felt rushed, and all i received was a recommendation for a surgeon. No other option. I tried the portal and registered, but never received a response. Its all about money with doctors.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Both my husband and I have been going to Dr. Spiers for many years. Excellent doctor who has successfully diagnosed several tricky problems on both of us. She recently found skin cancer on me and I am thankful she found it and treated it. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Spiers for many years. Recently I had an unusual rash (large red spots ~2 inches) over several areas of my body. Knowing the challenge with scheduling appointments with Dr. Spiers due to her popularity with patients, I contacted my regular GP for a same day appointment then called Dr. Spiers. Fortunately, I was able to see Dr. Spiers that day. Within a few minutes of seeing me, she recognized that I had Lyme's. Due to headaches that I was experiencing, she also suggested that I keep my appointment with the GP. My GP didn't think it was Lyme's due to the unusual rash (with no bull's eye) but tested me to confirm the diagnosis of Dr. Spiers. The test clearly confirmed that I had Lyme's. Dr. Spiers contacted me at home that evening to check in on my condition. She showed a great deal of concern for me and we were both pleased that we had caught the Lyme's before it progressed any further. I feel very grateful for the knowledge, expertise and personal concern demonstrated by Dr. Spiers and I would certainly recommend her. Deb C - Doylestown PA

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Very long periods of waiting to only be looked at for a very short amount of time! Seems to not care about me and my symptoms and felt that she was only after my money!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Spier for numerous years and although, at times, I have waited a considerable time in the waiting room; she has always taken time with me, explained my conditions, been very courteous and my time spent in the office with her made up for my time in the waiting room as I felt she was very attentive to my needs and questions. Office staff also very helpful.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Spiers for many years. She is knowledgable and never rushed with me. Very understanding to my needs. (Adult acne) She does not hard sell either, which is appreciated. The wait in the waiting room is worth it. (Always clean and plenty of seating.)

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I had a bad experience with a male doctor (supposedly a top dermatologist in Doylestown, PA area #3) and hands down, this doctor is better. Her staff could use some improvement, but are average. Wait time is long, however. Obviously, they over-book. When you have an appointment, unless there's a real emergency, stick as close to those appts. that patients make as possible. Being understanding time and time again is asking too much. On occasion, no problem.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

We just moved here from abroad, and Dr. Spiers was the only one available when I called for an appt. She did not look at my skin or discuss the symptoms with me before giving a wrong diagnosis. When I tried to explain that this is exactly like the symptoms my husband recently had, she completely denied any connection and would not listen. She became VERY defensive. She ignored me and prescribed steroids although I told her that I have used both and they do not help. Another doctor prescribed Ivermectin cream and it has worked. Dr. Spiers does not possess the skills of a good doctor. She is too quick and defensive. As the NY Times wrote after a boy's death this summer, "The big questions are about how to integrate new information that doesn’t fit with the perception you have formed, How to listen to the patient when they are telling you something that doesn’t fit with your internal narrative of the case. These are the hardest things to do in medicine and yet the most important.”

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

Dr. Elizabeth M. Spiers's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1986)

Coventry Healthcare