Ratings for Dr. Robert Furness

I couldn’t say more positive things about this Doctor. He was always positive and professional throughout my interaction with him. He conducted a multitude of minor surgeries on me as well as more complex ones on both my hands with positive results. He was always clear on what to expect and prompt to schedule follow up appointments to ensure there were no complications. He also conducted a breast reduction on my wife, carefully explaining the procedure beforehand and what to expect post-op. There were no complications with the surgery and it exceeded our expectations. He is a very highly skilled doctor that I would recommend anyone to.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Recently had breast reduction with Dr. Furness. It took me three years to build up to courage to proceed with this surgery and now I am wondering why I didn't have this done years ago. Dr. Furness is on the the most friendly, competent, professional and efficient surgeons I have ever met. It amazes me that he is right here in Red Deer. The only slightly negative I would say is that he should have a more comprehensive pre-op and post-op information package. It is difficult to remember everything. The internet was immensely helpful for me but for some it could be difficult to navigate and outright dangerous.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr Furness just did my second breast reduction (not my first). He was amazing. I love my new breasts and feel 100% better now he has performed the surgery. He is very knowledgeable, kind and professional. Highly recommended for this procedure. THANK YOU DR FURNESS

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Excellent bedside manner, patient & the epitome of professional.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I had Dr. Furness for Ulner nerve surgery in April 2016. He was excellent on explaining everything to me on what was going to be done. He did a great job on the surgery itself & did a good job on stitching me back up. Very pleased with his work.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Wonderful, skilled Doctor. The epitome of professional.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr Furness did a breast augmentation on me years ago and did what he wanted, not what I wanted and paid for. He redid it and still didn't do what I wanted. Not happy at all with him. Would not recommend him for this.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

I just saw this guy.i was in a car accident two nights ago.. never have I asked a dr for answers to medication where he walked out at same time offering no advice or knowledge.. probably the biggest waste of time and skin I have ever met. Amazing he can use zero knowledge in offering up no advice aside from come back next week I will shove some pins in there if it's clicking around". Wow. My son is developmentally disabled and uses better vocabulary and has better manners. How did I get stuck with this quack

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr Furness needs to learn how to do stitches that do not cause the skin to pucker up into big lumps. After three months of therapy using ultrasound and laser techniques, the scars are still UGLY!!!! And the dupetrens contracture is no better. USELESS SURGERY!!!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Had breast reduction surgery/lift almost 15 yrs ago and am now having to go for scar reduction surgery with another Dr who is having AHS pay for it as Furness is going to charge for fixing his mess that I had been to see him about three times. Went from free to $3000. He left pointed pockets that look horrendous and leaves me not wearing summer shirts or a bathing suit which was the point of the surgery in the first place. Skin pocket in the front, scars still red asymmetrical appearance. He did not do the job all these other people are saying they got. His receptionist is really nice, wow. I would not recommend him. Shop around.

Submitted February 20, 2015