Ratings for Dr. Ron Benbassat

Dr. Benbassat has been my doctor for over a decade. I am former biomedical engineer and have Decent but not expert knowledge in the internal medical field. Over 10 years, I have found him to be consistently thorough and attentive in his analysis and process. Perhaps most importantly, in the two times I have really needed him in crisis he has come through. Most recently, he called and got me a highly respected surgeon to operate on me same day when I was in the ER with an emergency that needed surgery that day. The surgeon's residents asked me how I got this well regarded senior surgeon to operate on me. They asked if I was his regular patient. Not at all. Another Dr I know in the field said that the the Surgeon was top notch. It was Ron Benbassat who made that happen. The other time I thought I needed to go to the ER he correctly diagnosed my issue at night over the phone--low blood sugar from not eating--and saved me the ER expense and time. He called me back right away even though it was 8 pm and worked through my symptoms. As for his personality, I find him funny--I would say he is a very good hearted person who really cares about his patients and uses his sense of irony to make health issues tolerable. I approach him in this way and it has resulted in a strong doctor patient relationship.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Benbassat has been my doctor for over 15 years. He's the best internist I've ever had. He is so knowledgable and thorough during my yearly physicals and whenever I see him for other reasons. I'm surprised so many people comment on his personality. I find him very funny, he has a very dry sense of humor, which evidently some people don't get...too bad, because he's a wonderful doctor I wouldn't trust anyone else to handle my health.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Dr Benbassat might be very knowledgeable but he is an ass. No professionalism and comes off accusatory in questioning your health. To say he is rude an impolite would not do justice to his behavior. His bedside manner is horrendous and incredibly disrespectful. Unfortunately that overshadows his medical competence. Avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Dr Ron has been my Internist for over 12 years. I hope I'm able to see him for the rest of my life. He is the most thorough doctor I've ever visited and I'm upset to see that some comments accuse him of anything less. His diagnosis and treatment has been uncannily correct. While I agree that he usually has his his face in my file I don't have a problem with that. If you want warm and fuzzy go to a bunny for your healthcare. I also REALLY like that more times than not he'll see me the same day I call with a problem. He's a great doctor and a good man with a good heart.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

Dr. Benbassat is by far the best doctor I've ever been to and I've seen more than a few. I have a bit of a fear of going to the doctor and Dr. Benbassat instantly put me at ease. He gave me the most thorough physical I've ever had. He addressed all my concerns and gave me excellent referrals of reputable specialists in the area. I highly, highly recommend Dr. Benbassat.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2009

This doctor has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I've ever met. He orders unnecessary tests...he hates when you ask questions...no eye contact....major attitude. I have no idea why he is a doctor. He doesn't seem to care about his patients.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Dr. B can be quirky but he's extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to listen to your concerns and history. He is thorough (sometimes almost to a point of fault) and has a calming bedside manner. I find his office very respectful of my time and in important cases has fit me in to a busy schedule. I have always felt confident in his care.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr Benbassat has been my primary care doctor for 10 years. I do not go to the doctor all that often, usually when ill. I can usually get a same day appointment when sick, which is important to me. His bedside manner may not be for everyone. He is a bit of an acerbic wit. A little sarcastic, but I am female and I find his bedside manner unfussy and fine. He can be a little rushed, but if I have questions, he has always taken time to address them. He has always given me excellent referrals and he caught a potential eye problem that I had, which no one else had found during a routine check up. I have referred him to at least five people who all like him as well.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

This doctor is a mixed bag. He is knowledgeable and has referred me to excellent specialists, but he is lacking in "bedside manner." Whenever I go in for a checkup, he enters the office and starts asking questions while staring at my file. Very little eye contact or pleasantness. If I ever have questions or concerns, he seems inconvenienced by having to listen or answer. He is also prone to demanding unnecessary tests, which I find very annoying because they can be expensive. He also acts as if his time is much more important than his patients' time. Try and find another doctor if you can, but if you have to, this one will suffice, barely.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Dr. Benbassat is the best in town. Not only does he take most insurances, but he's extremely punctual, caring, thorough, and professional. He's a great physician and all my friends go to him as well. I wouldn't recommend anyone else. I give him the highest marks.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

Dr. Ron Benbassat's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal