Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey I. Gerry

Dr. Gerry was concise, professional and knowledgable on this problem. He asked questions, examined different parts of the back, wrote a prescription and sent us on our way. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone who wants to listen to a consummate professional.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

I have to agree with the rest of the patients who had to deal with this poor excuse for a doctor. I was injured at work and the workers comp insurance referred me to the only doctor that they had and that was Dr. Gerry. He gave me a script of Vicodin and some muscle relaxers and diagnosed me with strained lower back muscles. After a month of complaining, he actually said that he's going to refer me for an MRI to shut me up. Really? So I get the MRI and he calls me back into his office right after I got it. He said I have herniated a few disc in my low back. Shocker! He put me on leave so he can figure out the next step, meaning he needs to see what the workers comp adjuster wants to do. Dr. Gerry Second guesses himself, listens to the workers comp insurance. So he sends me to 2 surgeons and they both say I needed surgery. He however knows it all since his knee surgery is just like a herniated disc. Dr Gerry is worthless for patients but great for workers comp ins co

Submitted June 1, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Gerry's for about 4 years. I was referred for my lower back issues. I find him extremely knowledgable and very interested and helpful with the therapy that he provides. Currently, I get trigger point injections about once every 6 weeks in my muscle tissue. He also will do research into whatever new "therapy" that I read about and come up with and provide direction. He has referred me to both Physical Therapy (very helpful) and recently to a Dr. Blatt who has done two nerve block tests and will procede with nerve abrasion therapy shortly. In short, Dr. Gerry believes in the all around approach. You have to exercise, stretch, and take advantage of Medical therapies. He has been very instramental in allowing me to do the things I enjoy; golf and working out. His staff is polite and very fuctional. Calls are returned promptly but you usually get through immediately. In 4 years Dr. Gerry has never been late on an appointment time. I highly reccommend him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

I have to agree with the other unhappy patients. He is rude, no beside manner what so ever, short with you, impatient when he asks what your symtoms are, tells you about HIS pain and seems to be in the wrong profession. Not someone I would recommend.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

I had a torn muscle in my pelvic region. He did some steriod injections that have helped a ton. So far so good. He is direct and straight to the point, and not a big fan of proscribing pain meds.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

Very helpful with pain management and options to avoid having surgery. It's been over 4 yrs of being pain free after seeing him and trying a couple of different options. I am a very active person and he offered alot of options to help me.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Dr. Gerry is the most grandious, insensitive, abrupt, and caustic doctor I have ever seen. He assumues he knows what pain or not pain you are feeling. After nearly a year of suffering with pain and numbness, he looks at my MRI & tells me to go back to work (it's a workman's comp claim), like I must be using the system. This doctor has biased opinions, spends the very little time -assuming rather than knowing, doesn't ask the right questions, won't listen to your answers,is verbally rude and condesending and is playing a very dangerous game with his patients. If he's burned out on his profession then it's time for the grandious,jaded doctor to get out of the medical field. One leaves there feeling less than, no further along with a plan of action, & wishing he got the same busted discs so he could suffer with the same pain, numbness & limitations. It's no wonder the office manager is innundated with calls from attorneys. If you have a choice,do not see this self-proclaimed Messiah.

Submitted May 31, 2010

He is an absolute terrible careless, heartless doctor. I had one appointment with him, I have a herniated disc and 3 bulging discs from a car accident, and he said he thought they weren't caused by the car accident. He prescribed vicodin which hurt my stomach. I called his secretary to say that the vicodin was bothering my stomach and their office NEVER RETURNED MY CALLS! If a doctor doesn't care about your pain and argues with you over your symptoms- it is a BAD DOCTOR. It was a waste of my time to see this doctor and I was terribly disappointed. Please don't see this doctor!

Submitted October 17, 2009

I was refered to Dr Gerry after being hit by a car at work. I suffer from ankylosing spondylitis which can be a very painful condition on its own. I was allready on a small dose of methadone from my primary care physician Dr Gerry seemed very unconcerned about my level of pain and just said well we better get you in for a MRI and handed me a order for said MRI when I asked when the MRI would happen he seemed very put out and said whenever they call you. I informed him that I had allready waited almost two weeks to see him and I was in a huge amount of pain and I started to breakdown and cry he just said well I can give you some vicodin if you need it but I'm sure not going to give you any methadone. Vicodin for me is like tylenol or ibuprophen it does nothing and I tried to explain this and he treated me like a drug addict .I called a few days later in terrible pain to find out he was on vacation.I went to the hospital for the MRI they badly injured my neck and he refused to see me.

Submitted March 24, 2009

Dr. Jeffrey I. Gerry's Credentials

• Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch Of Med, Portland Or 97201 (Grad. 1986)