Ratings for Dr. Louis Peltz

A real, Canadian-educated, knowledgeable and helpful psychiatrist who has a good radar for bull$hit.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Had my son assessed for Autism. He spent less than an hour observing him and dismissed him as immature. Took our son to a child psychologist who was more thorough and lo and behold, he IS on the spectrum. This guy should NOT be allowed to assess kids for Autism.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

avoid at all costs unless you don't mind wasting your time

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

We referred to Dr. Peltz through ER Credit valley .He is very experienced in his field . Though he is reluctant in prescribing psychotic medicines but what we feel that he understand patients need he listen us care fully his question are very calculated and focused.he prefer to prescribe medicine on merits as compare to others who may prescribe more then the required medicine just in case if one do not effect then the other but Dr peltz prescribe medicine one at a time thoug this is difficult to manage but in my view this is what we say patient care .There are lots of side effects of medicine and I think this is nice approach as compare to prescribe all medicine at once just to get quick result.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Dr. Peltz is probably a nice man and has been a good doctor, however he should consider retiring. One's dedication dictates performance, compassion and appropriate guidance he just doesn't have it. Please retire....

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

WORST psychiatrist ever. Seriously, do NOT go and see this guy. Unless you are physically and mentally disabled in a wheelchair, he will treat you like you are fine. I came into his office for a follow-up appointment and told him I was suicidal and wanted to kill myself that night. He told me I was fine, and proceeded to ask me about how my MOM is doing...seriously, where did this guy get his license? He also took me OFF my medication for my social anxiety and I got so much worse and he didn't care! He presents NO solutions! He is an idiot!!! It should be illegal for Dr. Peltz to practice psychiatry!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

I have a 14 year old, part of the LGBT community, with severe anger issues resulting in damaged home. Four visits over 2 years, nothing, Child was diagnosed at Chisholm with ADHD a few years ago, but according to Dr Pelz, no ADHD issues since school marks are ok (IEP and actually not doing well, hello). After I disagreed with a comment he suggested I can get a different psychiatrist. Well, I could not agree more.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Literally the worst psychiatrist I've ever seen. I dot know how or where he got his license, honestly. He completely disregarded my issues. I told him that I was extremely suicidal and he said, "Well, you seem fine, and I've seen other patients who are worse." He completely disregarded my already diagnosed social anxiety disorder. This guy is useles.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

lol all the positive reviews are probably from Peltz himself

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

We thank Dr. Peltz for all the special care he is giving our daughter . It has been a struggle to get the right meds. For her condition. He had been very caring and considerate of everyone's feelings. He does tell you to the point how things are and what you need to do but isent that the reason we go to the specialist! I don't understand the other reviews. Dr Peltz is the best!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016