Ratings for Dr. John R. Pace

Had 2 discectomies and went fine. He did a fusion and it looks like he threw darts at my back as they are all over n crooked he Accidentally cut a major femoral nerve and have to deal with that pain and numbness now on top of not being able to do 1/10 of what I used to do. I'd never recommend him and he never checks in you or calls, he has a mean il nurse do it and they couldn't even keep meor of pain after surgery as he only ordered shots no drip. I had meds brought in and a nurse said this is ridiculous and she gave me shots anyway. He has caused such pain that I'm now going to a neuro in Lit Rock and he can't believe how my Mri looks and needs to remove the screws and my spinal cord is compromised and I have to do this. I can barely walk for 10 minnow. Dr office won't tell Newhart screws are in me so I can get removed with correct tool. He's only in it for money. Not once in 8 days ever visited me in hospital. Terrible bedside manner. Made me pay for my records!! I'm ready to get on with life and get fixed and be off pain meds. At least these strong ones like morphine n oxyicodone and others. I go to pain management once a month because he was so careless. Think twice,,, no think 10 times before you use this butcher. I could tell more but I think you get my drift. Hot so is not the place for major surgery!!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr. Pace did my back surgery over 10 years ago. I have not had any problems since. I always recommend him when someone talks to me about their back problems.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Dr Pace takes his time with you and your problem. He will talk with you for as long as you want to about your options. When "we" decided on a operation it went off without a hitch. The downside was that your waiting time can be up to 3 hrs. in the waiting room and if you have to call his office it could be up to few days before a return call

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Unable to diagnose problem after 7 months and 3 MRIs.(no Xrays) Took films to out-of-state spine specialist and had answer in 20 minutes. The diagnosis was confirmed with one Xray.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

He's a great surgeon, not great bedside manner, a little quiet. His appointment and billing staff are terrible. I've waited over 3 hours for my appointment.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2007

Dr. John R. Pace's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

HealthPartners