Ratings for Dr. Wilson T. Asfora

My husband had Dr. Asfora fuse his back. It was not successful and after 3 months we were told that Dr. Asfora no longer needed to see him. We felt like since it didn't turn out he didn't want to deal with it anymore.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Communication is gold. It is the key. Dr. Asfora and I have seen that a breakdown in communication was to blame for a great deal of issues concerning my care. We have been in contact and being the kind hearted man he is, he is willing to get a team together to help me. I just have to get back to the Midwest now. If anything can get fixed, this is the man who can fix it. Thank you Dr. Asfora.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Dr. Asfora is a brilliant surgeon. He's compassionate and highly skilled. I TRUST HIM WITH MY LIFE.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

he is by far the best doctor in sioux falls. Thank you for all that you done

Submitted September 9, 2014

This Dr did a 3 level fusion on me at 7:30. PM after doing surgery from 7:30 AM at Sanford. He finished with me at 10 PM. Sanford needs to stop over scheduling their rooms! And drs should not be doing sugery that late. This guy put my plate on cockeyed and one of the 8 screws was not even in the bone but screwed into my muscle 1 MM from my vertebral artery! He took the disks out but left the posterior spurs behind leaving me with severe foraminal stenosis. He also took of my C7 end plate leaving it asymmetrical and now collapsing causing severe C7-8 radiculoapathy. I am loosing the use of my arms. I just had that hardware removed elsewhere, and they found 2 screws loose that scans showed at 2 and 3 months post op. They said the plate was corroded and that there was metal shavings at the bottom. I now have metalosis. Those screws should have been self locking but they were never tightened properly. I know God will deal with this horrible man. My children, grandchildren, and husband have lost me. I am in agony, but only take ibuprofen. I can't hold my new grandchild. My life is tottaly ruined.

Submitted August 20, 2014

He is saved my mom. Amen He is brilliant and courtney is very grateful for him.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

Thanks be to God I took another Dr.s advice and made an appointment with Dr, Asfora. I had pain occurring in my lower back with "knock down" pain radiating down the back of both legs. After a year of various treatments including chiropractor, physical therapy and epidural treatments my quallity of life was continuing to rapidly decline to the point I, at times,couldn't continue to work. When Dr. Asfora saw my information and MRIs he told my wife and I with confidence and step by step what could be done to help my situation. This was to be quite extensive separating 5 veribre and inserting 4 cages. To make a long story a little shorter I had the surgery on 11-05-12. I came out of surgery knowing the pain was gone and was walking the halls with a walker by 10:00 AM the next morning and after Dr. Asfora's visit was sent home. I went back to work 1-2-13 with no pain lifting up to 50#. Thanks Dr.Asfora and staff.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Ten years ago last week Dr. Asfora removed a very large tumor in my head. It was an emergency situation. My life literally was on the line. I have the utmost confidence in this man. Is he arrogant? Yes, but not obnoxious. He just has a lot of confidence. As long as he is skillful and knowledgable, I can deal with his personality. As far as short bedside visits, I can deal with that also. It really is the nurses that are taking care of the patient after surgery.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

I don't know what these other comments are but Dr.Asfora saved my life! He was very helpful in all situations. I recommend him to everyone! Dr. Asfora has had some troubles,but he's still a great trouble. ( I can always understand Dr.Asfora! He does not have that bad of an accent

flag | Submitted February 6, 2011

Dr. Wilson T. Asfora's Credentials

• Univ Fed De Pernambuco, Cent De Cien, Recife, Pe, Brazil (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Sioux Falls, SD