Ratings for Dr. Tara Tandan

Unfortunately can't think of anything positive to say about her. Just as many others have shared, I found her to be extremely condescending and rude. At one point she asked me about my son's diet and when I told her he didn't eat a few select foods (dairy, gluten and corn) due to those foods causing him skin problems, she pretty much accused me of malnourishing him and sent a nutritionist in to talk to me. Which obviously makes you feel bad as a parent, even though I was well aware my son had an excellent diet (which the nutritionist agreed with). This was just one of the many issues I had with her. She seemed to have no patience or compassion for my 20 month old son, getting visibly agitated when he cried.. Doesn't seem like acceptable behaviour coming from an apparent "professional" who's job is to work with children.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Dr Tara is a saviour for my daughter and my family. She explained everything in depth and showed compasion and caring. She is an awesome doctor and we are so blessed that our daughter is getting treated under her care😊

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr. Tandan has been seeing my son since birth. She has always taken the time to thoroughly evaluate him and we never feel rushed, for this reason, and because she is usually on call at the hospital, she is often late for appointments. While some may be bothered by her lack of punctuality, I choose to overlook it as I feel she is worth the wait. I have always sensed that she greatly values her patients and their health and well being is important to her. Her priority is not to see as many patients as possible but to ensure that all their concerns are addressed.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

When we first met Dr T 6 years ago it was a nightmare. I hated going to her office. But as we worked together more, we developed a rapport with each other and now I have no problem seeing her. She saw my son last month after not seeing him for three years, and was amazed at his progress. She values the children she sees just as much as any adult. He is very knowledgable, and if you can get past the eccentricity of her personality she is really good to work with.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Terrible. Rude and condescending. I read the reviews and thought she can't be as bad as most are saying but she is. If you find out this is who you've been referred to get a new referral to someone else. A mother in front of me walked out of her office in tears. I feel bad for anyone who has to go to her.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

She was very thorough during my daughters consultation appointment and ordered lots of tests. She is probably the first doctor who has taken her symptoms as serious as they are and although we have not had our second appointment yet, I believe it will go well.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

This woman cared more about talking down to me than helping me. She even went as far as to call me a liar. To put insult to injury, she was eating a sandwich covered in sauce and did not wipe her hands before touching me and got sauce on me.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Dr Tandan has saved my life on more than one occasion. She is very helpful, and if she can't figure out the meds she'll send you to someone who can. Without her I probably wouldn't be alive today. She has inspired me to live my life, and not give up. I consider her to me my second mom. I've been seeing her for almost 6 years and we've been through a lot. I don't know what I would do without her. Thanks sooo much for every thing. Thatawesomegirl.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Told us that there was no good meds for our daughter but referred us to a psychiatrist with a referral to medication.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

I will never bring my children to see this Dr again. She was extremely rude and condescending. She made me feel like any question I asked was stupid or invalid. I left her office feeling worse than when I came in. For someone who specializes in working with children, her bedside manner was horrible.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013