Ratings for Dr. Stephen Malfair

My wife and I have been going to Dr Malfair since we came to Kelowna 10 years ago. He and his staff are excellent, and provide exceptional care. His training as a dentist has gone far beyond the basic degree. When you couple this with years of dental practice, he is an excellent choice for your dental care!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Malfair since I was a small child, I've always been a bit nervous of the dentist but the staff at Dr. Malfairs office make every appointment easy and comfortable. Over the years I have learned I do better with having my music playing while at each appointment and they make sure to remind me during my reminder call to bring my headphones. It's the small touches that make the experience great. I would highly recommend Dr. Malfair and his team to anyone and look forward to bringing my children to him as well!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I am a longtime patient and have always been impressed with Dr. Malfair's services. He is thoughtful and cognizant of costs and doesn't over charge! His staff has always been excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Malfair has been my dentist since 2002. I have found him to be cheerful, honest, approachable and professional. He suggests my dental procedures only when they are necessary and also presents alternatives. He includes my opinions in the decision making process and that makes it much easier to accept. I have never had to wait long between appointments and he makes himself quickly available for consultations and any dental health issues. This is extremely important to me. I feel sate and relaxed knowing all my dental work will be addressed in a comfortable and timely manner. I thank you Dr. Malfair.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I have been Dr. Malfair's patient for a long time and have found him and every one of his staff to be knowledgeable and thorough. I especially appreciate that the treatment plan is explained to me prior to the appointment and as the treatment proceeds. A very happy and outgoing doctor and staff so that, if I have a problem with my teeth, this is the place for me.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Malfair is the best dentist I've been to in Kelowna, BC. He is highly skilled, confident and gave me all my options. All his work has been high quality and I have had three crowns and multiple fillings. He has also fixed other dentists work. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I am very excited about my two new implants done by Dr. Malfair. I trusted him completely, he already did one implant last year with great success. I have been a patient of his for a long time and appreciate his excellent work. Also a big thank you to his staff.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Excellent dentist...will work with you in designing a strategy to improve mouth health in accordance with your needs and budget. Always takes time to thoroughly discuss options...didn't find him pushy at all with treatment OR X rays, Pleasant staff and office.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Dr Malfair is very knowledgeable & his staff are very friendly with the best up to date technology. I've never had a bad visit highly recommend Dr Malfair.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Extremely happy to find this wonderful office. Never have I had such an in depth and thorough exam. I take good care of my teeth and I don't need a lot of dental work but they still took the time to go over every inch of my mouth. Dr. Malfair and his assistant made me feel that I had their complete attention during my entire appointment. I left feeling confident and at ease. I totally recommend this dentist, and will be booking appointments for my family as well.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Dr. Stephen Malfair's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I am the son of Dr Ted Malfair, a retired Kelowna specialist in Internal Medicine, and Amelia Malfair, a retired public health nurse. I have two brothers: David and James. I grew up here in town until graduating from KLO in 1987 and moving to UBC Vancouver to further my studies. During my 10 year stay at UBC, I completed a BSc in Microbiology in 1991 and a DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine) in 1997. I was a member of the UBC Varsity Rowing crew while there. After practicing dentistry for 5 years on Vancouver Island, I returned to my roots by coming back to Kelowna with my wife Violeta in 2002. We have since had two wonderful sons (Dominic and Julien) and enjoy an active family life including cycling, swimming, golfing, skiing, basketball, soccer, paddle boarding and travelling. All of us love it here in this wonderful community and are all very involved in life here. In 2002, I decided to takeover my childhood dentist’s, Dr Al Labounty’s, practice following his retirement. I am very passionate about dentistry and continually strive to learn and improve my knowledge. Together with my dedicated, caring and highly skilled staff, we work hard to provide world class dental care. This focus on achieving great outcomes flows from our focus on great listening and communication with patients. You will be heard and well cared for in my dental practice.

• English

• dental school UBC (Grad. 1997)

• Dental exam
  • Cavities/tooth decay
  • Wisdom tooth extraction
  • Impacted wisdom teeth
  • Dental implant surgery
  • Dry mouth
  • Tooth abscess
  • Bruxism (teeth grinding)
  • Bad breath