Dr. Stephen Malfair

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Stephen Malfair

I would highly recommend Dr. Malfair and his staff. They are all very nice and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

I was very unhappy with my dentist so when my daughter suggested I see her dentist, I did just that and am pleased to say that Dr Malfair is now my dentist. He is an excellent dentist.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Handled complex difficult dental problem very well. Efficient and supportive staff. Would recommend highly.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I have been a patient for years and would never consider going anywhere else. Great service at all levels of the practice. The phone call reminders are a nice touch. I have complete confidence in Dr. Malfair.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

Hands down the best dentist out there!!!! He has helped me finally be confident in my smile! Thank you Dr.Malfair!!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

I have had the best of work done by Dr.Malfair and staff. They all work as a team to do things that are needed. Professionalism and efficient use of time are what seem to be their mantra. Thank you for the many years of good work and a perfect bite.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

There office is awesome I wouldn't go anywhere else! All the staff are amazing and extremely knowledgable!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Highly recommend – Doctor is Competent, Professional & Gentle. All Staff friendly & helpful, making trips to the Dentist less stressful. Bev

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Thanks for all you do my teeth always feel shiny any new after a visit with you.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Excellent service . Reception,dental hygienists,dentistry,all exceptionally good.Would recommend Dr Mayfair’s practice to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Dr. Stephen Malfair's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I am the son of Dr Ted Malfair, a retired Kelowna specialist in Internal Medicine, and Amelia Malfair, a retired public health nurse. I have two brothers: David and James. I grew up here in town until graduating from KLO in 1987 and moving to UBC Vancouver to further my studies. During my 10 year stay at UBC, I completed a BSc in Microbiology in 1991 and a DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine) in 1997. I was a member of the UBC Varsity Rowing crew while there. After practicing dentistry for 5 years on Vancouver Island, I returned to my roots by coming back to Kelowna with my wife Violeta in 2002. We have since had two wonderful sons (Dominic and Julien) and enjoy an active family life including cycling, swimming, golfing, skiing, basketball, soccer, paddle boarding and travelling. All of us love it here in this wonderful community and are all very involved in life here. In 2002, I decided to takeover my childhood dentist’s, Dr Al Labounty’s, practice following his retirement. I am very passionate about dentistry and continually strive to learn and improve my knowledge. Together with my dedicated, caring and highly skilled staff, we work hard to provide world class dental care. This focus on achieving great outcomes flows from our focus on great listening and communication with patients. You will be heard and well cared for in my dental practice.

• English

• dental school UBC (Grad. 1997)

• Dental exam
  • Cavities/tooth decay
  • Wisdom tooth extraction
  • Impacted wisdom teeth
  • Dental implant surgery
  • Dry mouth
  • Tooth abscess
  • Bruxism (teeth grinding)
  • Bad breath