Dr. Stephen Malfair

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Stephen Malfair

Explains everything in "layman's" terms. Very proficient and courteous. Spends time with you to discuss your issues. I've been going to Dr. Malfair since he set up his practice in Kelowna and would not hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

The best thing about Dr. Malfair is that he spends time with you to explain everything and in that sense allows you to participate in the process rather than just telling you what has to be done. He is very personable and has a comforting bedside manner. Overall, an excellent dentist.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

I love my dental office, from the moment you walk in the door the entire team is warm and welcoming. No anxiety here! Dr. Malfair is so kind, caring, knowledgebase, skilled and professional and always makes me feel comfortable in the chair. I have very cavity prone teeth and in the 6 years since I have been seeing Dr. Malfair and his team, my incidences of requiring fillings has gone way down and my teeth have never been in better shape. I no longer get any anxiety about going for a check up or cleaning. If I do ever need work done, I know I am in good hands and it will be a good experience. I highly recommend Dr. Malfair :)

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Dr. Malfair is the most genuine, caring and skilled dentist out there! He cares immensely about his patients! When I first started going to Dr Malfair (after not being to a dentist in about 6 years) I was terrified of going to the dentist. Until recently, I had to take Ativan (a calming drug) to calm my nerves before my visits. After my first visit he explained everything very thoroughly and helped me realize the pros and cons of everything. Throughout the past year Dr Malfair and his AMAZING staff have been nothing less than fantastic. They understood my anxiety of going to dentists and they always helped me relax. It's amazing what a fantastic dentist and staff can do; just today I had to get TWO teeth pulled and I didn't feel the need to take ANYTHING to help calm my nerves! I'm proud to say that I'm a patient of Dr. Malfair and my teeth have never been in such amazing shape! They are whiter, cleaner and completely healthy all thanks to Dr. Malfair. If you are in search of an incredible dentist, Dr. Malfair is your guy!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Knowlegable,thoughful and efficient care can always be expected at Dr.Malfair's office.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

The staff is extremely knowledgable and always freindly. It is always a pleasant experience at dr malfairs office.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

We have been seeing dr. Malfair for many years, have always been pleased with our visits . Enjoy the staff as well.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

My wife and I have been going to Dr Malfair since we came to Kelowna 10 years ago. He and his staff are excellent, and provide exceptional care. His training as a dentist has gone far beyond the basic degree. When you couple this with years of dental practice, he is an excellent choice for your dental care!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Malfair since I was a small child, I've always been a bit nervous of the dentist but the staff at Dr. Malfairs office make every appointment easy and comfortable. Over the years I have learned I do better with having my music playing while at each appointment and they make sure to remind me during my reminder call to bring my headphones. It's the small touches that make the experience great. I would highly recommend Dr. Malfair and his team to anyone and look forward to bringing my children to him as well!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I am a longtime patient and have always been impressed with Dr. Malfair's services. He is thoughtful and cognizant of costs and doesn't over charge! His staff has always been excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Stephen Malfair's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I am the son of Dr Ted Malfair, a retired Kelowna specialist in Internal Medicine, and Amelia Malfair, a retired public health nurse. I have two brothers: David and James. I grew up here in town until graduating from KLO in 1987 and moving to UBC Vancouver to further my studies. During my 10 year stay at UBC, I completed a BSc in Microbiology in 1991 and a DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine) in 1997. I was a member of the UBC Varsity Rowing crew while there. After practicing dentistry for 5 years on Vancouver Island, I returned to my roots by coming back to Kelowna with my wife Violeta in 2002. We have since had two wonderful sons (Dominic and Julien) and enjoy an active family life including cycling, swimming, golfing, skiing, basketball, soccer, paddle boarding and travelling. All of us love it here in this wonderful community and are all very involved in life here. In 2002, I decided to takeover my childhood dentist’s, Dr Al Labounty’s, practice following his retirement. I am very passionate about dentistry and continually strive to learn and improve my knowledge. Together with my dedicated, caring and highly skilled staff, we work hard to provide world class dental care. This focus on achieving great outcomes flows from our focus on great listening and communication with patients. You will be heard and well cared for in my dental practice.

• English

• dental school UBC (Grad. 1997)

• Dental exam
  • Cavities/tooth decay
  • Wisdom tooth extraction
  • Impacted wisdom teeth
  • Dental implant surgery
  • Dry mouth
  • Tooth abscess
  • Bruxism (teeth grinding)
  • Bad breath