Ratings for Dr. Zita Rutkunas

When you make a three-year-old wait an hour and a half and expect a pleasant child you are on glue. You are thoroughly wasting your time if you go and see this doctor. She makes your child weight on a Godly amount of time and expect them to behave. My son had waited for over an hour as stated and when she came in she started showing him pictures of her cat on her phone and he didn't care all she did was get mad at him for jumping all over the medical equipment. Don't get me wrong I did try to stop him but it was too much for him to sit there for that long. All she did was refer me to a website and suggest that he would need medication if he's going to hurt himself. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

We have been to many different doctors over the years. She is extremely thorough in her examination. My son has been having difficulties for years and other doctors and specialists have not been very good with any sort of diagnosis. This doctor is direct, but will listen to concerns and act on them. Something that has not been forthcoming in the past with other doctors, with supposed better bedside manners. She is an excellent doctor and I would recommend her to anyone. Just to be clear, she knows her stuff and that is number one in my book.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

This Dr. doesn't get the credit she deserves. Yes, she has personality quirks that come across as lacking bedside manner (closes her eyes when speaking, very direct), but she is very empathetic to her patient (the child) and the dynamic family environment, and considers economic factors. When I was in the other day I expected a diagnosis that would result in bandaid medication which is typical but the Dr. spent an hour and half with us explaining practical solutions, reasons contributing to specific behaviour and reassurance that this is a normal expression of a developing adolescent brain. I very much appreciate how reassuring she was, and her very practical no nonsense FIRM advice.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

Best Dr. ever. She knows what she is doing and we would never see any other pediatrician.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

An absolute embarrassment of a dr. Do yourself a favour and request another dr, you will traumatized yourself and your loved ones. Time to retire and join the funny farm

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I had read reviews before seeing Dr Rutkunas and was a little worried but I was pleasantly surprised by how good and thorough she was. She took notice of something no one has before, not even be children's. I am very grateful for her care, knowledge and thoroughness.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

It was a traumatizing experience. She is rude and arrogant. I have a bad experience with this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Rutkunas' for the past 4 years. Dr. Rutkunas is always up to date with all the information regarding my child's health. Always asks detailed questions and never rushes through appointments giving us detailed information. She is very knowledgable and resourceful. She is always very nice and gentle with my daughter. My 5 year old really likes her and we feel lucky to have her as our daughter's paediatrician.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I have seen Dr. Rutkunas a few times for my child. sometimes with ok experiences but mostly not very good. A good indicator is that My son freaks out the moment she enters the room. She is not gentle. I kind of don't understand why she works with kids.. I will say she is good at pinpointing things but she is flippant and condescending. At my last appointment she bascially abruptly walked in the room to tell me what we had and that there was nothing she could for my child.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

Horrible dr. Don't let her near your loved ones. She doesn't care

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015