Ratings for Dr. Zita Rutkunas

I must have had the same experience as the last poster. It was absolutely shocking! She made us wait much too long. Her resident was great but became silent and showed fear once she finally arrived. Her advice was a complete joke, her comments were insulting and offered us nothing but extremely harsh medication. She was oblivious to the amount of time and research we as parents had dedicated to our child's issue. It was clear we were more informed than she was. We continued our own research and now our son is well with no issues. This experience was such a waste of time with terrible advice I felt compelled to warn other parents.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Dr. Ratkunas is knowledgeable but the least personable person I have met in my whole life. She has trouble making eye contact, terrifies her own residents and is not consultative with parents who are experts on their child. She also tends to treat her little patients with casual disregard. A relationship with a doctor is an intimate and vulnerable one... she seems to have a limited sense of the scope, humanity and compassion that modern day practitioners ought to have in their skillset. Terrible! And why does these ratings not have manners as a skillset? Or is that not required of specialists?

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

I have never met such an unqualified person who holds a degree. We were over half an hour early for BOTH of our appointments for my son. She was not punctual at all nor seemed to even have a care for that in the slightest. She then had the nerve to write a letter mentioning that we were late, WOW, perhaps she should look into Alzheimer's for herself. She then, after stuffing 4 of us in her closet sized rooms for 1hr, started her questionable diagnosis. I never knew her cat pictures on her phone was a professional practice now a days. Barring all the bs and above mentioned high quality of service she never even gave eye contact to anybody in the room and proceeded to show concern that was a problem with my son. Well you need to make eye contact with someone to diagnose this one would think.I'm sure the ceiling had issues since that got plenty of attention as this is where her gaze was for the the manority of the appointment. I actually made efforts to make this noticeable and she just ignored the obvious. So after the above appointment we reluctantly came back for a second and again we were early. Once placed in another closet for an hour we decided she was too busy for little old us and proceeded to leave. She then marked us down as a no show!! Really? She must have been doting over the ceiling and never noticed our presence. In conclusion if you enjoy long periods of time in small rooms, don't value an opinion from a true professional and don't mind lies in government reports then I suggest you go visit this peach. However if you prefer professionalism, a truly educated doctor, up to date practices and someone that may actually care for a person's well being please look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

When you make a three-year-old wait an hour and a half and expect a pleasant child you are on glue. You are thoroughly wasting your time if you go and see this doctor. She makes your child weight on a Godly amount of time and expect them to behave. My son had waited for over an hour as stated and when she came in she started showing him pictures of her cat on her phone and he didn't care all she did was get mad at him for jumping all over the medical equipment. Don't get me wrong I did try to stop him but it was too much for him to sit there for that long. All she did was refer me to a website and suggest that he would need medication if he's going to hurt himself. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

We have been to many different doctors over the years. She is extremely thorough in her examination. My son has been having difficulties for years and other doctors and specialists have not been very good with any sort of diagnosis. This doctor is direct, but will listen to concerns and act on them. Something that has not been forthcoming in the past with other doctors, with supposed better bedside manners. She is an excellent doctor and I would recommend her to anyone. Just to be clear, she knows her stuff and that is number one in my book.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

This Dr. doesn't get the credit she deserves. Yes, she has personality quirks that come across as lacking bedside manner (closes her eyes when speaking, very direct), but she is very empathetic to her patient (the child) and the dynamic family environment, and considers economic factors. When I was in the other day I expected a diagnosis that would result in bandaid medication which is typical but the Dr. spent an hour and half with us explaining practical solutions, reasons contributing to specific behaviour and reassurance that this is a normal expression of a developing adolescent brain. I very much appreciate how reassuring she was, and her very practical no nonsense FIRM advice.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

Best Dr. ever. She knows what she is doing and we would never see any other pediatrician.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

An absolute embarrassment of a dr. Do yourself a favour and request another dr, you will traumatized yourself and your loved ones. Time to retire and join the funny farm

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I had read reviews before seeing Dr Rutkunas and was a little worried but I was pleasantly surprised by how good and thorough she was. She took notice of something no one has before, not even be children's. I am very grateful for her care, knowledge and thoroughness.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

It was a traumatizing experience. She is rude and arrogant. I have a bad experience with this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016