Ratings for Dr. Satpal Girgla

Had issues many years ago panic attacks . hes the best out there

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

As the mother of a person with mental illness I found Dr. Girgla extremely unhelpful. When he put my son into a trial for Zyprexa, I asked him to take him off after a short while because his symptoms got worse. Instead he increased the dose until my son said it make his brain "mush." He takes little interest in my son and only serves to refill his prescription and nothing else. Very bad service.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

My experience with Dr Girgla was very negative. I saw him for 7 years -- and not once in any of the time I him did he offer me any real suggestions for help or improvement. They were some of the most hopeless years of my life. Gratefully, I got so fed up that I found a good therapist and sought people who sincerely wanted to help me, and not just line their bank account. I am now very well, and I look back at those years and i have no idea how a human being can be in a profession as a doctor and have such a profound lack of insight, understanding, compassion or wisdom. I wasted money on gas to go see him, to write out prescriptions and for me to leave more hopeless than when I came in. It is a disgrace that these people are employed by OHIP.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

It is almost 20 years since I was referred to Dr. Satpal Girgla. He is always punctual and very helpful. He is a doctor with lots of patience and listens to my problems carefully. Thanks Dr. Saptal Girgla for your excellent service!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

My mother was admitted twice to Oakville Hospital for suicide attempts. The first saw her held for six weeks, released on medication, sent to the outpatient program and then dropped from the system with no follow up. The second attempt she made out of town, was left untreated in Hamilton hospital for four weeks (on a surgery ward) as Oakville claimed to "try to find a bed." After numerous calls to administration at both hospitals, she was readmitted to Oakville, held for FIVE DAYS (again, after a second suicide attempt), and released after only a week on meds. My sister and I requested that Dr. Girgla conduct thorough evaluations (psychogeriatric, undiagnosed conditions, a community treatment order, a release plan, etc). I can only assume none of these were done, as less than 24 hours later she was out the door, and it was confirmed none had been conducted previous to our request. Three weeks later my Mother successfully killed herself. Now we live with that. Thanks "Doctor."

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

My sister was in the psychiatric unit at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital ... Dr. Girgla's visits were only for mere minutes daily and with the possibly of checking and administering medication(s) ... the unit is nothing more than a "holding tank". He discharged her and now she has passed. It is completely beyond my understanding that he has allowed this to happen. I cannot address staff nor punctuality but his helpfulness for and apparent knowledge of suicidal individuals remain sorely lacking. It's shameful.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

My daughter has been a patient for many years and I do not see an improvement. The drop in appts. are five minutes long and only to renew the same prescriptions. There is no office hours and the only visit to see him is once a week at a clinic that is open for 2 hrs. I am positive that he does not have knowledge of any new treatments available. We are looking for a new Doctor at present.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Girgla for thepast 10 years. He is the best doctor I've ever had. I believe his treatment of my Bipolar disorder saved my life. Knowledgeable, understanding, and a doctor who takes the time to follow up. 10/10

flag | Submitted November 23, 2012

Was "treated" by him for a few years over 25 years ago. DISASTER.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2012

My son has been seeing Dr Girgla for 15 years.We have lots of confidence in him and his knowledge.We trust him very much ,he is very gentle and always so concern about us

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012