Dr. Miren D. Asumendi

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Miren D. Asumendi

I reached out to Dr. Asumendi when my alcohol/drug abuse caused me to hit rock-bottom despite completing a 90-day inpatient treatment program earlier this year. IN SHORT, DR ASUMENDI SAVED MY LIFE‼! Her compassion and ability to listen allowed me to be vulnerable to get past my anger and emotional insecurities to identify what triggers and motivates me to abuse substances. Through intense weekly therapy, she facilitated me to understand my mental, spiritual, and emotional needs for me to move through my past trauma to increase my chances of long-term recovery

flag | Submitted November 11, 2018

Can't say enough good things about my experience with Dr. Asumendi. I've been seeing her on a regular basis for around 4 months for help managing symptoms of anxiety and depression. It was difficult to find a psychiatrist who does psychotherapy in addition medication management. It's even more difficult to find a doctor who's as personable and easy to talk with as Dr. Asumendi.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

Dr. Asumendi has been my therapist and psychiatrist for years. She has helped me to overcome my depression and anxiety and become and remain a productive professional and loving and capable parent at the same time. She recently saved me and my sanity during a period of severe panic and anxiety unlike anything I had ever experienced. I highly recommend Dr. Asumendi and really can’t say enough good about her.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Dr. Asumendi was able to diagnose and treat my anxiety in a way no other counseloror therapist has in the past. She is very knowledgeable and compassionate in her care. I look forward to my sessions with her as I always feel she truly cares about me as an individual. She is very knowledgeable about medications as well as gives tools to use in my everyday life. I absolutely love her and am grateful I found her when I did.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Dr. Asumendi was delightful to work with. She listened to me. Really listened. She has a very calming way about her and I found her incredibly easy to talk with during our sessions. I felt safe to say anything I was feeling or thinking.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dr. Asumendi is an attentive, trustworthy and knowledgable doctor. She gives me insight into any topic and is patient with my many questions, while consistently helping me with my longer term goals. After finding a diagnosis, her first medicine reccommendations keep doing very well for me which I am very grateful for, as I know others who can't seem to find the right mix. I'm really glad that I found her and that she is flexible with scheduling.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Excellent to work with and very caring. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a supportive person with whom to make changes and explore life challenges.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

I sought a therapist for stress and anxiety issues and found Dr. Asumendi. She is a very calm, caring, and understanding doctor. She listens attentively and works with me on new and different methods to reduce stress and anxiety in a way that has actually changed my overall outlook on life. Her methods are easily transferrable into my everyday lifestyle and I have found that I live a more peaceful, stress-free life which is why I originally sought her guidance. She has a lot of experience in her field which is evident in our discussions. Dr. Asumendi offers techniques to see how they will work for me personally. She has a warm, welcoming personality and her office is a comfortable environment for our discussions. Also, she truly cares about me as a person and I feel at ease discussing anything with her. I appreciate her point of view on different topics and find her approach to therapy to be extremely helpful to me. She is flexible on time and scheduling which works for my busy lifestyle. I am a work in progress so I continue to see her and would recommend others to see her as well!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Asumendi regularly for nearly a year. She provides competent, compassionate, a d effective care. I appreciate her diverse and unique background and sense of humor. Most importantly, I have made tremendous strides in the treatment of my mood disorders and in my personal growth thanks to her guidance, patience, and support. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

Dr. Miren D. Asumendi's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1989)

Workers Comp