Ratings for Dr. Benjamin Gelfant

He used two different surgeons without my consent to do my breast lift and reduction. When I would raise any concerns during follow-ups, he told me to not worry about it and not be so detail-oriented. I was an absolute idiot for trusting him, and I advise everyone to stay far away from him!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

I had lip augmentation and forehead lift in 2009. The forehead completely dropped. And today looks a mess. The lip augmentation was completely botched, after I complained I was in pain all the time, he refused to listen. First time around he put way too much fat and I looked like a clown. After pleading to have it removed he finally agreed but was arrogant as usual. I ended up looking like clown the second time around with one side much higher than the other also having nerve damage. He wouldn't do anything about it except to say he wouldn't be doing anymore lip augmentations. Ever since, my life has been a nightmare with people laughing at how bad it looks. Physicians, Specialists and any other medical staff including lab staff abuse me. I have developed breast cancer and no one will treat or do surgery because of this disgusting mess Gelfant has left me with. I saw a Dr in the States and his comment was, I do not support the person that did this to you. The fact that this untreated breast cancer will kill me makes Dr Ben Gelfant very guilty of causing an unnecessary death. He refused to refund my money and I cannot afford to go to another country for private surgery to save my life. How would anyone who reads this feel as I sit typing this I'm in dreadful pain from the cancer. Thank you Dr Gelfant for shortening my life. Who ever is thinking of going to this man, should think again. Thank for reading this. Valerie

Submitted September 21, 2015

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Stay away from this rude, pompous, cold man. All he cares about is your money. He shoots down any concerns you may have and interrupts you along the way. He has the ego of a God with an attitude like how dare you question anything since in his mind his opinion is always perfect. I would never trust anyone to be in his care.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Was nice before my surgery but after surgery his true coloured surfaced. Extremely rude and arrogant! Was literally in my face when i told him I had a tummy tuck performed by another surgeon. Came across very intimidating...please do not go to this surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Pretty uncaring Dr and exceptionally rude office staff

Submitted April 16, 2015

when I realized that after cataract surgery I would no longer need glasses, one close look at my eyes told me I had to do something! when my Doctor recommend Dr Gelfant, I didn't hesitate! his decades of experience and reputation was enough for me. he and his staff made me feel very comfortable right a the start. he is gentle, warm and professional. we only discussed eyelid surgery , which is what I wanted done to my very tired eyes! he did not try to push me to do other surgeries. now that it's all done, I am very pleased with the results, my eyes look very natural!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I had breast augmentation, saline under the muscle, Under breast incision 8.5 years ago and I left the clinic to dinner with friends. Barley had any pain. Very happy with result. Very NATURAL looking. I still have scars but they look way better now. I researched a lot back then and think Dr. Gelfant's augmentation could be one of the best in Vancouver BC. Other services I don't know.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

I had breast augmentation, saline under the muscle via my arm pits, almost 10 years ago now. I had the surgery on a thursday and was back to work on the monday. I have no scars. They look amazing even after having a baby and breast feeding for a year. I am very happy with my results. I love my breasts!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I had a breast augmentation in Sept 2009 by Dr Gelfant that was completely botched. I was in incredible pain and had severe swelling in one breast the days following and it took a week for him to realize that it was the result of a hematoma, which then needed to be evacuated. So two surgeries in a week. Now they are completely uneven (completely different sizes and at different levels) and the side that had the hematoma now has a part of the implant that is puckered out and looks (and feels!) terrible. It even aches a lot if I'm not constantly wearing a bra to hold the puckered part in. I need to have it fixed but he didn't agree that there was anything wrong and said he was going to charge me nearly $1000 to make the pocket size BIGGER when that side is already way bigger than the other! What was supposed to be a positive experience has turned into a nightmare and I hate my breasts even more now. It's especially frustrating that he won't admit anything is wrong or remedy the problem.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Dr. Benjamin Gelfant's Credentials

MSP/BC Med
Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He used two different surgeons without my consent to do my breast lift and reduction. When I would raise any concerns during follow-ups, he told me to not worry..."

April 24, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I had lip augmentation and forehead lift in 2009. The forehead completely dropped. And today looks a mess. The lip augmentation was completely botched, after I ..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I booked a consult with Dr. gelfant quite some time ago and paid the full amount for breast augmentation surgery. After the initial consultation where everyone..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had breast augmentation done. I am very pleased with the results. Dr. Gelfant was very professional and caring. I would recommend this doctor for sure! "

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Stay away from this rude, pompous, cold man. All he cares about is your money. He shoots down any concerns you may have and interrupts you along the way. He ha..."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Was nice before my surgery but after surgery his true coloured surfaced. Extremely rude and arrogant! Was literally in my face when i told him I had a tummy t..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Pretty uncaring Dr and exceptionally rude office staff"

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "when I realized that after cataract surgery I would no longer need glasses, one close look at my eyes told me I had to do something! when my Doctor recommend ..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I had breast augmentation, saline under the muscle, Under breast incision 8.5 years ago and I left the clinic to dinner with friends. Barley had any pain. Very ..."

November 9, 2014