Ratings for Dr. Albino Chiodo

The office staff never answers the phone, always running 1-2 hours late for appointments. Very nice doctor, personable and experienced, but with the office staff issues and lateness not worth it, find someone else. When running so far behind with appointments the bare minimum to be courteous would be to call the appointments later in the day with the option to reschedule or tell them to come late. If a patient showed up 1-2 hours late for their appointment where do you think they would be?

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I met with Dr. Chiodo and he recommended removing my tonsils as a solution to my medical issue. I told him that I was interested in exploring alternative solutions before completing the surgery. He suggested we book a surgery (because he was booking 5 months out at the time) and then I could call 2 weeks in advance to postpone or cancel. I agreed to this. I found the Dr. to be easy to talk to and he was thorough in his review of my situation. One month before my surgery, I called his office to postpone the surgery. The receptionist asked me my reason for postponing and I shared that I was in the middle of other treatment to try and prevent this surgery. She told me that she didn't want to waste her time to reschedule (she actually repeated that she didn't want to "waste her time" numerous times during our conversation). I tried to explain that this is what I had discussed with the Dr. but she wouldn't hear it and strongly encouraged that I cancel the surgery. I was tired of the circular conversation and her rudeness so I cancelled the surgery. I wish I had a way to let the Dr. know how I was treated by his staff because I had no issue with him but I cannot recommend him as a result of the behaviour of his staff.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Takes the time with everyone - which is great when you have questions - but sucks when you're waiting in line. He really takes the time to explain the risks of surgery. The only real downside is that it's really tough to get through to the reception when you call.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

The best ENT, and even the secretary are very polite. best office! thank you dr.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

So long as I shall require an ENT, Dr. Chiodo will be it. He is extremely personable, compassionate, and treats his patients like human beings. Truly invested in helping others and always with a smile. Sure his clinic may be behind at times, but consider that no appointment can be timed as results for every patient are different. I am okay with waiting to receive top care. Many thanks to Dr. Chiodo and his staff for supporting me post subtotal thyroidectomy and now into my septoplasty.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Thank you Dr. Chiodo for a successful surgery and a very respectful bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

The office staff are so unprofessional at this office. They make arranging an appointment very difficult. If they don't want the referral they should just decline rather than give you such a hard time.

Submitted January 12, 2017

I met with Dr. Chido to discuss a tonsilectomy surgery. After our initial meeting where we arranged for this, I did not hear from his practice for several months. One day, I received a call informing me that the surgery would take place the next day. Naturally unaware of this and on such short notice, I declined to receive the surgery. Dr. Chido called me on my personal cellphone and left a long voicemail where he chided me and said, "You have taken a spot away from a potential cancer patient". To be personally insulted over the complete lack of information provided to me by his practice was perhaps the most unprofessional experience I have ever recieved from a medical professional. If you cannot inform your patients at least 1 week ahead of surgery, absolutely do not take out your mismanaged practice on the clients.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

First time here I waited 2.5 hours past my appointment time to see him. Nice enough guy but didn't share much information with me and didn't ask many relevant questions to get a better understanding of my condition. I'm writing this as I currently sit outside his office with 6 patients in front of me and it's only 10am. Disappointing!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Great doctor with a great team. Made the experience very calming. Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016