Ratings for Dr. Albino Chiodo

Michael Garrin Hospital needs to know deeply and understand well that doctors like this with ratings like this make me throw away the direct mail they send to my home asking for monthly donations. I have had surgery at Michael Garron. I have visited sick friends at Micahel Garron. I have been treated in the ER at Micahel Garron but I will never ever donate because of my experience in the ENT clinic and the negative 1 star experiences of the patients below. EVER.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

Dr. Chiodo provides complex OHIP covered cancer surgery....we are very fortunate to have him working here. He performed my sinus surgery on Feb. 26th and I now have enormous relief from infection, pain and chronic congestion. I only wish I had met him sooner. He was patient, compassionate and ensured that my anxiety and questions were addressed. His office staff have been kind, responsive and professional. This is a busy office because Dr. Chiodo is in high demand. Thank you Dr. Chiodo for giving me back some quality of life.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

I showed up 10 minutes before the appointment and ended up in the waiting room until 2 hours after the appointment. Absolutely ridiculous.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

His office called to cancel my appointment because Dr. Chiodo had a meeting to attend. They gave me less than 24 hours notice and I had already taken time off work. They told me to call St. Michael's to reschedule my appointment, which I did and the only availability was two months from now! When I explained that it's unfair to wait another 2 months when they were the one to cancel on me, St. Michael's told me to call his office again. The same office that cancelled on me told me I had to fax in a referral in order to do that! His office was beyond dismissive, didn't even offer an apology and I'm not surprised from seeing the comments below. I can't comment on him, but first impressions were awful and if I have to wait another two months for an ENT then I'm not bothering to see this Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

I’m a single mother struggling to make ends meet. I took the day off work to attend an appointment with Dr. Chiodo. After traveling for an hour to the office, I was told he wasn’t there! Apparently he had been called out of the office. The receptionist lied and said she tried to call me and my family doctor to inform us. We received no such calls. When I became upset about the situation, the two receptionists snickered to each other. Not once was I offered an apology.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Dr Chiodo is the living embodiment of every nasty comment Canadian or other have about socialized medicine. His practice is poorly managed and his entitled bedside manner is what's wrong with the Canadian public medicare system. Never on time. Never with an apology or reason to be rude or late. Michael Garron Hospital should be ashamed of this doctor .

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Secretary who works here are amazing, they were so helpful and kind. It’s hard to get through but they return call quickly. Thankyou Dr. For taking care of me. Some reviews here are not true, sometimes you need to be patience and understands that doctors office are always busy and if it’s for your health why don’t you wait. For me the doctor is great and receptionist in front is amazing. Happy holidays!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

The receptionist called to advise me that my appointment was cancelled, when I hadn't even been told that I had an appointment! This office is so disorganized. I read the reviews here, and decided that it's not even worth spending my time or money at such a poorly run office. How is it even possible that you cannot reach an office to make or alter an appointment? This doctor should fire his front desk staff. Medical professionals should help their patients feel better, and not increase their amount of stress.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

my daughter had a tonsillectomy done after the advise of Dr, Chiodo surgery went well but never met the Dr. after that i had to ask the nurses about how surgery went. When my daughter was in extreme pain tried to call the office and no answer i believe when you trust a surgeon to oparate on your 5 yr old child should have more human behavior and absolutely better bedside manners!!!!!!!! do not recomend

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I don't have any issues with Dr. Chiodo (other than his hiring practices), but the front desk staff is beyond horrifyingly bad at their jobs. When you're sent for surgery, you're ushered into an area somewhere between their kitchen and back office space, where they speak quickly in monotone about all the details of the surgery. Nothing is properly explained and if you interrupt them in their rehearsed blurb - they are annoyed and don't actually answer a question. They are unprofessional, disrespectful, unorganized and uneducated. They NEVER answer the phone and cannot communicate in a way that makes you feel confident in the doctor's abilities. I don't understand why this type of behaviour /experiences is common practice in Canada. It's terribly upsetting.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017