Ratings for Dr. Albino Chiodo

my daughter had a tonsillectomy done after the advise of Dr, Chiodo surgery went well but never met the Dr. after that i had to ask the nurses about how surgery went. When my daughter was in extreme pain tried to call the office and no answer i believe when you trust a surgeon to oparate on your 5 yr old child should have more human behavior and absolutely better bedside manners!!!!!!!! do not recomend

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I don't have any issues with Dr. Chiodo (other than his hiring practices), but the front desk staff is beyond horrifyingly bad at their jobs. When you're sent for surgery, you're ushered into an area somewhere between their kitchen and back office space, where they speak quickly in monotone about all the details of the surgery. Nothing is properly explained and if you interrupt them in their rehearsed blurb - they are annoyed and don't actually answer a question. They are unprofessional, disrespectful, unorganized and uneducated. They NEVER answer the phone and cannot communicate in a way that makes you feel confident in the doctor's abilities. I don't understand why this type of behaviour /experiences is common practice in Canada. It's terribly upsetting.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Best bedside manner, respectful knowledgeable and listens to my health issues Like every physician in Toronto I have to wait to be seen by the dr. It's not drive thru. Patients are unpredictable, they come up with so many questions and dr is left to come up with solutions His treatment is top notch I would choose him over other Drs anytime

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

He told me there was 20% chance I had cancer for a cyst in my paradodid gland and that these cysts were very rare. I have anxiety as it is and was panicking. Finally I went to my doctor who said they are common and less than a 1% chance of cancer. Dr.Chiodo told me I'd have to be monitored the rest of my life and possible surgery. He had it biopsied which was extremely painful. I called his office and asked that the results be sent to my doctor and was told that was against policy and I would have to come in to get them. Eventually after I bugged them enough they send them on and I was fine. The kicker is I went in tinnitus on my other ear and nothing was found and yet there I was panicked about cancer and having invasive face surgery. This was sincerely the most bizarre doctor experience I have EVER had.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Great surgeon. Took the time to explain the surgery we were going to do. He was compassionate and empathetic. I thought he was thorough in terms of his work up. He was knowledgeable. His office staff was kind and courteous and helped me through the process with surgery.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Terrible experience! He was over an hour behind for my appointment, didn't explain what he was doing when he suddenly put the scope down my nose, and took a non-urgent personal call in the middle of my apppointment while I just sat there waiting for him to finish. Medication and surgery was recommended. The medication was prescribed in hopes of helping my throat, except no date to recheck it before the surgery was set and surgery was booked so quickly and it seems pushed whether I needed it or not. Once I took a couple of days to really think over the surgery and recovery (not talking for two weeks) I called repeatedly leaving messages to reschedule my surgery for a later date so that I could be rechecked before having the invasive surgery, and they continued to disregard my messages and kept calling to tell me about my surgery and pre-op date. In the end I had to go into the office to make them cancel my appointment. The woman was beyond unprofessional while I tried to explain I wanted to push my surgery back. She just talked in circles berating me for cancelling the appointment, for making the appointment in the first place, how I should be seeing him before I cancel, how I won't get another surgery appointment for months, how she won't get another patient now, how she wasn't going to cancel it because I should be seeing him beforehand. And then finally because I was frustrating her by not giving in to her blabbering (I'm assuming that's how she forces people into keeping surgery dates), she got pissed off and rudely stated she was cancelling it! I absolutely will not be wasting my time in making a follow up appointment, or booking a future surgery date. I'm staying far away from this office and terribly disrespectful people!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

The office staff never answers the phone, always running 1-2 hours late for appointments. Very nice doctor, personable and experienced, but with the office staff issues and lateness not worth it, find someone else. When running so far behind with appointments the bare minimum to be courteous would be to call the appointments later in the day with the option to reschedule or tell them to come late. If a patient showed up 1-2 hours late for their appointment where do you think they would be?

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I met with Dr. Chiodo and he recommended removing my tonsils as a solution to my medical issue. I told him that I was interested in exploring alternative solutions before completing the surgery. He suggested we book a surgery (because he was booking 5 months out at the time) and then I could call 2 weeks in advance to postpone or cancel. I agreed to this. I found the Dr. to be easy to talk to and he was thorough in his review of my situation. One month before my surgery, I called his office to postpone the surgery. The receptionist asked me my reason for postponing and I shared that I was in the middle of other treatment to try and prevent this surgery. She told me that she didn't want to waste her time to reschedule (she actually repeated that she didn't want to "waste her time" numerous times during our conversation). I tried to explain that this is what I had discussed with the Dr. but she wouldn't hear it and strongly encouraged that I cancel the surgery. I was tired of the circular conversation and her rudeness so I cancelled the surgery. I wish I had a way to let the Dr. know how I was treated by his staff because I had no issue with him but I cannot recommend him as a result of the behaviour of his staff.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Takes the time with everyone - which is great when you have questions - but sucks when you're waiting in line. He really takes the time to explain the risks of surgery. The only real downside is that it's really tough to get through to the reception when you call.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

The best ENT, and even the secretary are very polite. best office! thank you dr.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017