Ratings for Dr. Christi D. Mayfield

First, my rating is for Christy Danielle Mayfield - I think her first name is mispelled here, as a Google search didn't show anything for "Christi Mayfield" and the address on this site is her current location. First - she's been my doctor for several years, and she's simply excellent. I love her NP, Denise. And all of her staff is simply great with everything from their bedside manner to being very diligent with the treatments and medications prescribed to me. They also work with me if I just personally don't like the side effects of a medication or want to look at all my options. She and her staff also are careful to check into what my insurance covers, help me look into Rx discounts (hint: anything that doesn't come in generic--check the Rx manufacturer's websited for discount cards/programs--it's saved me literally $ thousands over the years), and constantly try to get me the best care for the lowest cost. I can't say enough how much I appreciate Mayfield and her staff. Best doctor (and staff) I've ever had.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2019

Have been seeing Dr. C for last few years. First couple were kind of shaky because staff seemed to be very incapable which might not be a reflection on Dr. This improved, but I have found that it's difficult to get timely responses to questions when I called in. I was encouraged to make an appointment. (pay a copay just to have a question answered?) Since she's gotten a PA, it's helped. Staff seems to be better now too. She does take the time to explain whenever asked and is knowledgeable but the difficulty of being able to get timely responses has happened enough that I'm switching to someone more accessible both geographically and personally. I was a bit surprised that of all the Tulsa docs, she actually made it to top 10 so kudos to her.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Mayfield is very knowledgeable takes the time to listen to your questions

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Great doctor. Hope I dont ever have to change to a different one. When illness caused me to lose my health insurance she allowed me to stay on with state aid insurance until the time that I could get back to work and have an insurance change. This was a financial loss for her office. I am grateful to her for her time, experitse, and personality.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

I have used Dr. Mayfield for many years and she is great at writing prescriptions for what you need. She is also very compassionate yet seems to hurry through the appt. Her staff do not return calls timly. I do trust her and have referred others to her despite the negatives.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

I write this with a heavy heart - If you want to be perscribed meds to fix symptoms, then she is great! She has been my dr for 20 years and I finally realized that she may be a major reason why I am still chronic after 8 years. I ask for to test for vitamin levels and Dr. Mayfield tells me, "vitamins and minerals are alternative medicine." She tells me she "knows nothing about amino acids." She tells me there is no one test to test everything, but I'd already researched and knew there was. Very disappointing! I come to find out my colon wasn't absorbing water or nutrients and this has probably been the case for the entire time of 8 years. I have to question her "kickbacks" for meds and procedures. I don't like being threatened when I refuse a procedure that my insurance will only pay a portion, leaving me with a huge debt. Her focus no longer appears to be on the patient, but on personal gains.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

I am on time. But she is so late. Makes me feel like my time is not important. Needs to improve on this.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Such an amazing Dr. I don't know what I would do without her. She takes the time to listen and will answer any question you have. Very smart when it comes to new meds and treatments. She seems like she truly cares for her paitents. I will never go to another Dr. as long as she is still working in tulsa.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

Dr Mayfield is AWESOME!! I have been a patient of Dr. Mayfield for 10+ years and refer many family members and friends to her. I can call and get an appointment any time I need and can be seen the same day if I'm sick and need to be seen ASAP. The receptionists are knowledgeable and try to help with anything you ask for. I try to refer my friends that need a good Dr and they are all very pleased to have her.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

She ahs been a lifesaver. She is compassionate and understanding. She always listens to us and works with us to find the best solution. She has been especially good with my son who has special needs.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Dr. Christi D. Mayfield's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)