Ratings for Dr. Carl R. Yacoub

AWFUL! phone calls never returned. ignores your symptoms. never calls in refills for rx. waited 3 months for mri script.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Terrible service! You are treated like cheap. Don't go there.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Staff should be fired. Unproessional LIARS, to both patient & dr.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Doc gave me an EEG a month ago and will not call me with results. He will not return my family doctor's calls....his staff is indignant that I wanted help form them. Not sure this guy is on the up and up. Pick another doctor....he is NOT worth the hassle. Still waiting after a month. I detest this man for leaving me hanging with no knowledge of my problem. Would recommend him to my worst enemy !!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

The first appointment was great and had a lot of hope. However it went downhill from there. Was asked if I minded if he reviewed my info and mri's and would call me the next day - one month later never heard from him. Called the office for two weeks to get a refill Oma prescription I ran out of not to get a call back. Was finally told to come in - yesterday I got a letter dismissing me as a patient. Never in my life have I been treated like this.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

My experience at Dr Yacoub's practice was exceptional. He was courteous, attentive, compassionate and dedicated. He took his time to listen to my concerns and provided exemplary care. Dr Yacoub was successful in providing effective treatment for an ongoing ailment. My biggest regret was not finding him earlier. He is definitely the best. He possesses the rare quality of excellent bedside manners and outstanding diligence.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

I found Dr Yacoub’s information on the Internet while surfing for a specialist to help my son who had been having issues for 7 years. Despite consistent counseling, expensive screening/evaluation, testing, specialist visits and even medication he was still not doing great. Numerous suggestions made to previous healthcare providers to try other options fell on deaf ears. I believe because my son’s symptoms were not typical of the norm it was difficult for anyone to diagnose and give him the appropriate treatment that he needed. My first visit with Dr Yacoub was exceptional - to say the least. He was extremely attentive while I gave him a lengthy, time-consuming history from my son’s birth to his current condition. Being a nurse with >12 years experience did not help the situation, because I proceeded to give a rather detailed observation and findings, which took a chunk of the consultation time. Not once did I feel rushed or see him look at his watch or the clock to hint me that I was taking too much of his time. I was a desperate mom looking for answers and broke the rules in order to find someone to listen to my plight. After patiently listening to my frustration, I could sense sympathy and empathy that I had never experienced with the previous providers. I did not disclose my profession, so he wasn’t aware that I was assessing and evaluating him from the perspective of a healthcare professional. Dr Yacoub performed appropriate testing to rule out other causes and then proceeded to treat my son. He scheduled a follow up appointment in 2 weeks to evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment. I was floored when he gave me his private number to call in case of emergency during the early stage of treatment. I saw significant change in my son’s condition after one month and complete resolution after 3 months. During his 3 months follow up visit, I thanked Dr Yacoub profusely for his compassion and care.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Run...don't walk away from this person!! Dr. Yacoub was to order me two very important tests and after my calling five times in two weeks I found out he never even sent my information to my insurance carrier for the final okay. No one in his office bothered to return my five calls. Very un-professional. RUNNNNNNnnn to another neurologist...I did and I'm so glad I did!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

saw a lot of negative remarks online. Glad I went. Very calm,listened to my health history. Did a test in office. Offered water, coffee. Very hospitable. Sent for MRI, called me personally the night of exam..asked if I had any results. Which I did not. He called again personally when he got them. we discussed the normal results. Suggested lab work and I did not have to go back just for a visit to to get lab paperwork. Glad I am seeing him

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Don't waste your time or money on this doctor! Seems very helpful your first appointment but it is all downhill from there. I have never had such a horrible experience with a doctor and his office. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a few months thinking that it might just be a disorganized staff but I think it seems that way because they can't do anything other then schedule your appointments and take copays. If you want to know about a bill you need to call for months before the doctor actually lets you know what you owe. Then you are expected to pay it without seeing a paper copy of your actual bill. If you need medication refilled or have a question be prepared to wait weeks for a response. If you call his office and someone answers or calls you back in a timely manner then you must be very lucky because it NEVER happens. I hope you know what medicine you take because the doctor or his staff does not. I have never experienced this amount of problems and stress with any other provider. Thankfully I found a new doctor that is very professional and caring with a wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Carl R. Yacoub's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Newark, DE