Ratings for Dr. Carl R. Yacoub

Horrible experience with this doctor and the staff. He is unprofessional and I almost feel that he is on drugs because of his mood swings. Please don't go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

A horrible, horrible human being. Runs tests without explaining why, and then you end up with a huge bill. When you try to work things out, he refuses to return phone calls, and waits weeks, even months before he responds. And when he does, he calls you a "dead beat," and demands payment right then and there. Anyone who has written a positive review is probably on his staff, or even himself. Check out the sanctions against him. BUYER BEWARE!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

AWFUL! phone calls never returned. ignores your symptoms. never calls in refills for rx. waited 3 months for mri script.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Terrible service! You are treated like cheap. Don't go there.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Staff should be fired. Unproessional LIARS, to both patient & dr.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Doc gave me an EEG a month ago and will not call me with results. He will not return my family doctor's calls....his staff is indignant that I wanted help form them. Not sure this guy is on the up and up. Pick another doctor....he is NOT worth the hassle. Still waiting after a month. I detest this man for leaving me hanging with no knowledge of my problem. Would recommend him to my worst enemy !!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

The first appointment was great and had a lot of hope. However it went downhill from there. Was asked if I minded if he reviewed my info and mri's and would call me the next day - one month later never heard from him. Called the office for two weeks to get a refill Oma prescription I ran out of not to get a call back. Was finally told to come in - yesterday I got a letter dismissing me as a patient. Never in my life have I been treated like this.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

My experience at Dr Yacoub's practice was exceptional. He was courteous, attentive, compassionate and dedicated. He took his time to listen to my concerns and provided exemplary care. Dr Yacoub was successful in providing effective treatment for an ongoing ailment. My biggest regret was not finding him earlier. He is definitely the best. He possesses the rare quality of excellent bedside manners and outstanding diligence.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

I found Dr Yacoub’s information on the Internet while surfing for a specialist to help my son who had been having issues for 7 years. Despite consistent counseling, expensive screening/evaluation, testing, specialist visits and even medication he was still not doing great. Numerous suggestions made to previous healthcare providers to try other options fell on deaf ears. I believe because my son’s symptoms were not typical of the norm it was difficult for anyone to diagnose and give him the appropriate treatment that he needed. My first visit with Dr Yacoub was exceptional - to say the least. He was extremely attentive while I gave him a lengthy, time-consuming history from my son’s birth to his current condition. Being a nurse with >12 years experience did not help the situation, because I proceeded to give a rather detailed observation and findings, which took a chunk of the consultation time. Not once did I feel rushed or see him look at his watch or the clock to hint me that I was taking too much of his time. I was a desperate mom looking for answers and broke the rules in order to find someone to listen to my plight. After patiently listening to my frustration, I could sense sympathy and empathy that I had never experienced with the previous providers. I did not disclose my profession, so he wasn’t aware that I was assessing and evaluating him from the perspective of a healthcare professional. Dr Yacoub performed appropriate testing to rule out other causes and then proceeded to treat my son. He scheduled a follow up appointment in 2 weeks to evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment. I was floored when he gave me his private number to call in case of emergency during the early stage of treatment. I saw significant change in my son’s condition after one month and complete resolution after 3 months. During his 3 months follow up visit, I thanked Dr Yacoub profusely for his compassion and care.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Run...don't walk away from this person!! Dr. Yacoub was to order me two very important tests and after my calling five times in two weeks I found out he never even sent my information to my insurance carrier for the final okay. No one in his office bothered to return my five calls. Very un-professional. RUNNNNNNnnn to another neurologist...I did and I'm so glad I did!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Carl R. Yacoub's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1992)

First Health Network