Ratings for Dr. Konstantinos Panagiotopoulos

He is very knowledgeable and nice . He takes time to explain all procedure and outcomes. Staff is super nice and easy to reach and schedule . I highly recommend him .

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I have had a bit of a mixed experience with Dr Panagiotopolous. I suffered a ruptured achilles, which is by and large something that orthopedic surgeons see a lot of. On the one hand, he was extremely confident, and gave me the sense that this was no big deal. On the other hand, this WAS a big deal for me to have surgery, follow a non-weight-bearing protocol, and drastically change my life and plans for the next couple of months. Dr P is a total professional and a master at his craft, but like many specialists, these run of the mill injuries are unimportant to him and it shows. Immediately after my surgery I was given 30 seconds of instruction on what to do for the next 2 weeks and I was told to book a follow-up appointment in a couple of weeks. When I asked if it was okay to ask a few questions before I left, he rolled his eyes and sighed "okay". While the communication style is not what I would have hoped, he clearly did a great job on the surgery. The incision was small, I have since been healing very well, and overall I am pleased with the process. Ultimately, I think you would want a professional surgeon that knows what he is doing over a surgeon that will talk you through everything very clearly, although it would be great to see the best of each side. If you have surgery with Dr P, I would suggest that you find an additional avenue of support. For me, that has been a few detailed rehabilitation websites and an excellent physiotherapist that has experience with this type of injury. That has helped me understand my injury and the healing process much better. I think the staff have been excellent to deal with. I had one question for the Doctor, and although he did not call back, his staff was prompt in their follow-up and did everything they said they would. The Operating Room staff were amazing. I simply cannot say how important it is when you are about to be put under to have compassionate people in that room that make you feel at ease and explain what is happening. I was very impressed.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I had a full knee replacement (a complicated sugrey) done in Jan. 2004 , and after 12 years and having followed the instruction from the doctor I have continued to work past retirement age . He lets you know the exercise program and the restrictions Am very glad he was to the point . does not spend a lot of time with you but the time was valuable Thanks Dr P.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

His staff are misleading ,unprofessional and disorganized I did not want to see him after dealing with idiots!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Saw Dr Kosta for a fractured wrist. He was very professional and knowledgeable. Took my concerns seriously. I would recommend him. I expect to have knee replacements in the future and wouldn't hesitate to use Dr Kosta. Punctuality a bit iffy but that's because he's on call and extremely busy. I don't fault him for that.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Awesome surgeon would highly recommend him he did both my hips. He is very detailed and understanding and listened to my concerns. Excellent doctor and takes pride in his work.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Excellent Doctor. I had a Hip replacement. Very knowledgeable and helpful DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

had both hip replaced in2013 every thing came out perfect,both were pain free,where I asked if he had done a root canal on my hips. I resumed playing tennis and senior hockey and played over 70 games last year. I was 75 when hips replaced. His answers to all my questions on thesurgary,rehab were right on

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

My fiance broke his hip and was taken to North Van hospital.. Dr. P was the surgeon on call.. and did a great job on the surgery.. however;after care was unacceptable.. We left the hospital not having a follow up appt setup not knowing anything about the future. No visit from doctor on release day. NO instructions. My vet gives me a better follow up info pkg. 2 weeks later I called his office and left a voicemail asking if we are supposed to be getting any follow up treatment. The secretary called & said the doctor was surprised we hadn't already been in... my response.... no one told us to come in or set an appt. In setting an appt...every appt she set for me was contingent on him being on call.. the appt may not happen. I am driving from Seattle for this appointment and told her that "maybe an appointment" was not going to be acceptable. So she booked him 3 weeks out..it's been 6+ wks since surgery. REALLY!!! Come on!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

He sounds good when you meet him. He is open and upfront about treatments. After that he is very bad. He scheduled a TKR for me. 2 weeks before the surgery his office called because of a blood test issue from 2 months ago. I told them it was known and since corrected. They scheduled new tests for a week before surgery. A few days before the blood tests they called to say that they cancelled my surgery based on 2 month old blood tests. The DR will not personally return my calls. I can only discuss it with his multiple staff. He will not book an appointment with me to discuss it. Nobody will tell me why they would not accept new blood tests or why the surgery was even booked since he had the blood tests all along. Avoid this doctor. He is very sloppy and inconsiderate towards anything basic and easy money.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014