You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Stephen McMahon

Excellent surgeon, straight forward telling what needed to be done. I have had two surgeries with Dr. McMahon and will still go back to see him. He is the only reason I will go to Markham/ Stouffville hospital. Highly recommend for orthopedic surgery.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Great person, real professional. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I had a knee replacement done. I have had nothing but problems and pain. Went back to him and he basically called me a liar and said the replacement was perfect. Currently seeking another surgeon for a second opinion .

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Thank you Dr. McMahon from the bottom of my heart. You are such a professional! While some might say you appear cool & aloof at first sight, you are both compassionate and good at what you do..and that is what's important. On the morning of my TKR surgery you and your surgical team put me at ease and the outcome was great..painful as expected of course but great and I am healing nicely. I wish more patients would prepare ahead of time (like I did) then maybe they would have the correct expectations, know that it is a slow healing process , put the effort into the essential physiotherapy and home exercises and have a positive outcome. It takes work! In short, though, I highly recommend Dr. McMahon.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I had a hip and knee replacement done by Dr. McMahon and I am extremely disappointed. My hip squeaks so loudly that it can be heard by people standing close to me. He said that the noise would go away shortly after surgery. It has now been over 4 years and it is embarrassing the noise and the awkwardness of having to explain where the noise is coming from. As far as my knee replacement done by Dr. McMahon, the knee had to be done a second time 6 months later because it was not aligned properly.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr Mcmohan performed both hip replacent surgeries two years ago. First the right Hip and after six months the left hip. A very meticulous and a very knowlegable surgeon. Had no complication during both the surgeries thanks to Dr. Mcmohan. I could not get rehab on my first surgery and a team of Home Care were assigned for recuperation and I thank the team as I felt better and have had no pain since then. For my second hip surgery, I was sent to a Rehab Centre and stayed for two weeks but the minor pain still persists on my left Hip. Wish I had Home Care for the second time too rather than Rehab. Want to see the Doctor after spring to find out the reason. Wish to thank Dr.McMohan for his care and my recovery. Ali Dosani 905 201 9628 Markham

Submitted February 4, 2014

Receptionist we found to be "selective" greeting ones she liked or knew well and others had to basically step up to her and "disturb". Does not come back to you even an hour or more past the appointment time that we are sorry we are running late or something. This "cold" attitude travels into the office and the doctor who we found to be very unhelpful and a lack of compassion. He is knowledgeable but not to help and was upset with us because he requested an MRI and we thought that once he receives the result we would be contacted but no he insisted that we should have called in to make the appointment!

Submitted January 17, 2013

I went through a bilateral hip surgery in 6 months, Dr. McMahon did an amazing job and I'm really happy with what he did. He is pro,caring and helpful. This surgery changed my life.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

He performed a chevron osteotomy (bunion surgery) and I could not be more happy with the results. I healed well, the incision looks great, and I have zero pain 9 weeks later. My toe is straight, and moves well. I am ready to get back into sports already.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2012

Dr. Stephen McMahon's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent surgeon, straight forward telling what needed to be done. I have had two surgeries with Dr. McMahon and will still go back to see him. He is the only ..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Great person, real professional. Highly recommended."

June 12, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.axecapoeira-to.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "L3P0" to "M6E 1A6". Address has been updated from "None" to "1069 Saint Clair Avenue West". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16473402293".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a knee replacement done. I have had nothing but problems and pain. Went back to him and he basically called me a liar and said the replacement was perfe..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Dr. McMahon from the bottom of my heart. You are such a professional! While some might say you appear cool & aloof at first sight, you are both comp..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "He seems to hate his job and his patients. He would be better off to quit and find another job perhaps as the village idiot."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a hip and knee replacement done by Dr. McMahon and I am extremely disappointed. My hip squeaks so loudly that it can be heard by people standing close to..."

November 25, 2014