Ratings for Dr. Stephen McMahon

He is an angel. He listens and offer viable solution without compromising patient's medical issue. I am blessed to be under his care Muhammed Sohail

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Awesome every step of the way of my TLKR. I highly recommend Dr. McMahon. Very caring and polite.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Very satisfied with outcome of my knee replacement. Dr McMahon and his team at MSH are the best!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Had hip surgery May 2015. Two years later still discomfort, I have had three follow ups with Doctor McMahon that all were 1 hour late and lasted maybe 2 minutes. The hospital said he has seen 150 people that day. Not great help after surgery.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Just reading comments and wanting to let other patients know that Dr. McMahon runs out of different clinics and has different staff for each of his clinics. The office I saw Dr. McMahon in ran smoothly and receptionist very pleasant and informative in respect to MRI being done and telling me to call her with MRI scheduled date and she wold book follow up apt for results. Very pleased with my encounter wit staff and doctor. He did run behind; however this is a specialtist office and they do run behind so I booked my day open to see him.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Had surgery for shoulder was delayed 6 hours without any notice from him or anyone else. He never give you any details about what's is going to happen before or after the surgery. He didn't even come to see me after the surgery to see how I was feeling and what I should expect. Originally said I would be fine after 6 weeks and it now has been 6 months. To get him to fill out a former for my insurance was a nightmare as i would have to wait at least 7 to 10 days and calm the office several times. I just saw him again for a follow-up and was delayed 90min and he literally saw me for 90sec as he rushed out. He didn't even look at the insition to check how it was healing.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Excellent surgeon, straight forward telling what needed to be done. I have had two surgeries with Dr. McMahon and will still go back to see him. He is the only reason I will go to Markham/ Stouffville hospital. Highly recommend for orthopedic surgery.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Great person, real professional. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I had a knee replacement done. I have had nothing but problems and pain. Went back to him and he basically called me a liar and said the replacement was perfect. Currently seeking another surgeon for a second opinion .

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Thank you Dr. McMahon from the bottom of my heart. You are such a professional! While some might say you appear cool & aloof at first sight, you are both compassionate and good at what you do..and that is what's important. On the morning of my TKR surgery you and your surgical team put me at ease and the outcome was great..painful as expected of course but great and I am healing nicely. I wish more patients would prepare ahead of time (like I did) then maybe they would have the correct expectations, know that it is a slow healing process , put the effort into the essential physiotherapy and home exercises and have a positive outcome. It takes work! In short, though, I highly recommend Dr. McMahon.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015