Ratings for Dr. Stephen McMahon

Just reading comments and wanting to let other patients know that Dr. McMahon runs out of different clinics and has different staff for each of his clinics. The office I saw Dr. McMahon in ran smoothly and receptionist very pleasant and informative in respect to MRI being done and telling me to call her with MRI scheduled date and she wold book follow up apt for results. Very pleased with my encounter wit staff and doctor. He did run behind; however this is a specialtist office and they do run behind so I booked my day open to see him.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Had surgery for shoulder was delayed 6 hours without any notice from him or anyone else. He never give you any details about what's is going to happen before or after the surgery. He didn't even come to see me after the surgery to see how I was feeling and what I should expect. Originally said I would be fine after 6 weeks and it now has been 6 months. To get him to fill out a former for my insurance was a nightmare as i would have to wait at least 7 to 10 days and calm the office several times. I just saw him again for a follow-up and was delayed 90min and he literally saw me for 90sec as he rushed out. He didn't even look at the insition to check how it was healing.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Excellent surgeon, straight forward telling what needed to be done. I have had two surgeries with Dr. McMahon and will still go back to see him. He is the only reason I will go to Markham/ Stouffville hospital. Highly recommend for orthopedic surgery.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Great person, real professional. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I had a knee replacement done. I have had nothing but problems and pain. Went back to him and he basically called me a liar and said the replacement was perfect. Currently seeking another surgeon for a second opinion .

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Thank you Dr. McMahon from the bottom of my heart. You are such a professional! While some might say you appear cool & aloof at first sight, you are both compassionate and good at what you do..and that is what's important. On the morning of my TKR surgery you and your surgical team put me at ease and the outcome was great..painful as expected of course but great and I am healing nicely. I wish more patients would prepare ahead of time (like I did) then maybe they would have the correct expectations, know that it is a slow healing process , put the effort into the essential physiotherapy and home exercises and have a positive outcome. It takes work! In short, though, I highly recommend Dr. McMahon.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

He seems to hate his job and his patients. He would be better off to quit and find another job perhaps as the village idiot.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I had a hip and knee replacement done by Dr. McMahon and I am extremely disappointed. My hip squeaks so loudly that it can be heard by people standing close to me. He said that the noise would go away shortly after surgery. It has now been over 4 years and it is embarrassing the noise and the awkwardness of having to explain where the noise is coming from. As far as my knee replacement done by Dr. McMahon, the knee had to be done a second time 6 months later because it was not aligned properly.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr Mcmohan performed both hip replacent surgeries two years ago. First the right Hip and after six months the left hip. A very meticulous and a very knowlegable surgeon. Had no complication during both the surgeries thanks to Dr. Mcmohan. I could not get rehab on my first surgery and a team of Home Care were assigned for recuperation and I thank the team as I felt better and have had no pain since then. For my second hip surgery, I was sent to a Rehab Centre and stayed for two weeks but the minor pain still persists on my left Hip. Wish I had Home Care for the second time too rather than Rehab. Want to see the Doctor after spring to find out the reason. Wish to thank Dr.McMohan for his care and my recovery. Ali Dosani 905 201 9628 Markham

Submitted February 4, 2014

Receptionist we found to be "selective" greeting ones she liked or knew well and others had to basically step up to her and "disturb". Does not come back to you even an hour or more past the appointment time that we are sorry we are running late or something. This "cold" attitude travels into the office and the doctor who we found to be very unhelpful and a lack of compassion. He is knowledgeable but not to help and was upset with us because he requested an MRI and we thought that once he receives the result we would be contacted but no he insisted that we should have called in to make the appointment!

Submitted January 17, 2013