Ratings for Dr. Ian Rafter

Dr Ian Rafter saved my life. His frank, honest and get a grip on yourself and stop lying to yourself approach was exactly what I needed. When diagnosed with a gut bacteria that leads to cancer he guided me to eat correctly and to maintain a new approach to living. My best friend was also diagnosed the same time. He died three years later. I owe him everything. Thank you.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

I used to work for Dr Rafter, he is an awful person to work for & an awful communicator & an all round a**hole to be honest, he rubbed alot of patients up the wrong way including myself. He is however, a VERY effective doctor if you follow his detox and he always diagnosed me properly every time I saw him. You have to be willing to do his detox in order to get results.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr Rafter has a loyal following because he can provide amazing results for people with allergy-type symptoms (asthma, eczema, rashes, irritable bowel etc) where conventional medicine has failed to provide an adequate diagnosis. He seems to have a "one size fits all" business model where he prescribes high-margin pro-biotic treatments to regulate parasites and/or gut flora. This seems fairly arbitrary and "hit-and-miss" to me and may explain why many posts here comment that he failed to generate results for them. As such, when visiting Dr Rafter I think you really need to consider him in the context of an "alternative health practitioner" rather than a Doctor in the traditional sense. However, for me, Dr Rafter was an absolute "hit" as the pro-biotics he prescribed worked wonders for me. Constipation - gone. Diarrhoea - gone. Eczema - gone. Excess weight - gone. Itchy rashes - gone. I was desperate for answers and Dr Rafter was the only practitioner (out of 12) that produced results.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED! status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!status SUSPENDED!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I went to see Dr Rafter back in 2007 based on a positive experience a friend of mine had. At the initial consultation he determined I had toxins in my blood so he ordered a batch of blood tests as well as a carbon 14 breath test. My blood tests were all in normal ranges but the carbon 14 breath test showed I had a serious case of H. Pylori, a parasite that inhabits your stomach lining and is one of the many causes of CFS. He told me about gluten free low GI diets and prescribed a bunch of homeopathic medicines and probiotics. I followed his program fairly rigidly and after 3 months never felt or looked better in my life. Later that year I relocated to Dubai and in the first month had stomach cramps so I visited a doctor. I told him about having had H.Pylori and his reply was you can never completely get rid of that parasite and so determined it was a recurrence. I took the carbon 14 breath test again and no trace could be found, he didn't believe I had it in the first place but I saw my results previously and there were something like 13.000 parts per million of what ever the trace is where anything over 100 ppm is considered an infection. Dr Rafter had done what he said he could do for me and as far as I'm concerned he's brilliant. We are what we eat, I believe what he taught me 100% and I thank him for opening my eyes to a better healthier life.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

yes a crook! dishonnest and always defrauding the system...how can one trust him what kind of medication he gives you....i would be worried,....

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

I believe that Doctor Rafter is the most experienced and knowledgeable doctor I have ever experienced. I have had chronic asthma for 68 years - steroid and oxygen depend. I also have osteo arthritis in both of my knees. The detox that Dr Rafter requires you to complete is mandatory and is a pre-cursor to preparing your body to become more healthy. Gluten free, dairy free and akaline diet has changed my quality of life. I have found that if you are not prepared to listen and commit to his detox and dietary routine you are wasting your time and money. My quality of life would not be as good as it now is if I had not been treated by Dr Rafter. His level of care for me has been fantastic.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Nothing but a crook! very dishonest and unprofessional. Stay away from this guy (just look at how often he declared bankrupt)

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I found this doctor for detox purposes and found him initially helpful as he was trying to get loads of history data which seemed impressive. But in all honesty I have found him to be unprofessional, rude, over priced and a cynic. He lacks empathy, he will use your symptoms as a way to abuse you and show you attitude worse than a drug dealer. Save your money and see someone who has empathy, bedside manners and who treats you with respect. Over priced and full of medical mumbo jumbo with no results. Wasted my money on him.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Amazing! Treated me when no one else could! He looks outside the box, which is sometimes needed!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014